Rustle

Specifically for code or policies you would like to see implemented.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Deedee

Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:52 pm

I think it should be possible to steal other character's animal retainers.

The 'rustle' command would attempt to change the owner from one character to another. It would have a chance of failure, and if not successful would lock out chance of success for the same animal for an OOC week. Use of the command would report as a crime, and would require following cnote policy for criminal actions.

Optionally, the owner of the stolen animal could automatically revert to the original owner when the animal is released. The 'dismiss' command could also not work with stolen animals, forcing them to remain on grid. The 'pet desc' and 'pet short' commands could also be disabled for them. These restrictions could be removed after a suitable period of time.

Geras

Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:03 pm

Only horses please. No stealing my dog or I'll cut you.

Deedee

Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:22 pm

Geras wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:03 pm
Only horses please. No stealing my dog or I'll cut you.

Lei
Discord Handle: Lei#3876

Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:47 pm

Livestock rustlers? Awe-some. More ways be to be nefarious. More for reevies to chase down.
Old As Dirt

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:52 pm

I'm torn on this. Because 'where people have parked their horse' is a pretty good way to walk around and find potential roleplay. And I do wonder if the risk of having your horse stolen would just encourage everyone to just always dismiss their horses. Which ... also leads to problems if you can never resummon your horse because people keep walking by outside popular rooms (the locale of the day for example) and triggering the 'you can't summon retainers into active roleplay' issue.

• Information