Adding a Little Unpredictability to City Metrics

Specifically for code or policies you would like to see implemented.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kirale

Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:09 pm

This is based on an OOC discussion that took place late December 1st/early December 2nd regarding a desire to add a little bit of unpredictability to city metrics. This should not in any way counteract the IP expenditures and efforts of players to change those metrics.

The discussion started with how much RP the famine plot added to the game along with the dark cloaks and other similar ideas where there are good day-to-day RPable affects from the metrics moving up and down. This creates a sense of unpredictability and encourages more people to work together through RP as well as the usual IP expenditures to change the city metrics. It also makes each metric more important as there would be effects tied to each one.

This could be positive and negative effects similar to how the health metric increases or decreases healing time and chance of disease.

Deedee suggested that non-aggro wandering animals wihtin the city gates could be a result of lower infratructure (rabbits, turkeys, etc.)

I am low on specific examples right now and would appreciate other voices on this.

Viper

Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:22 am

I have a few ideas for this and how city metrics could receive a really cool boost and possible be more motivating for all guilds to pay attention to - This is just a rough snap shot.

Lawfulness -
When at lowest - HIT JOB (50qp) - send a mob to randomly jump a targeted player, can't be pkilled this way though, just roughed up and stolen items and silver on hand.
When at highest - INVESTIGATE(50qp) - sends a Reeve to check on a person and attack them. Can't be pkilled, just roughed up - maybe sends Reeves last known location?

Piety -
When at lowest - MAGICAL AFFLICTION (50qp) - this could be a spell or minor demon unleashed or something.
When at highest - FAITHFUL(50qp) - Maybe reports magical crimes in southside a few days or something?

I will come up with more as I go for the others, but this is just a general idea. It would be cool to be able to activate some cool feature when it's swing in your advantage, I also feel like this will propel more players to pay attention to it more than once a week and then supporting a city metric last minute or something.

• Information