Teaching level cap

Specifically for code or policies you would like to see implemented.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Deedee

Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:56 am

Presently, if you have a skill grandmastered and learned over rank 75, teach only lets you teach it as high as if it were only rank 75. 75*(CHA/100)
For example, if you have rank 100 in a skill, and 50 CHA, you can only teach it to rank 37, not rank 50. If you have rank 100 and 100 CHA, you can teach it to rank 75. Even with 100 CHA, you can never teach a skill to higher than 75.

Could it be made so that teaching uses the actual rank? This wouldn't negate the benefit of high CHA too much, as it would only affect the three grandmaster slot skills, when invested in beyond rank 75. For example, with 50 CHA, one would need to learn 150 ranks to be able to teach someone to rank 75.

I think this would provide another XP sink, and open more avenues for roleplay through teaching scenes. With the influx of new players, I think this would help guilds especially when they only have a few masters and their CHA may not be high enough to teach their guild skills to the upper ranks.

plague
Discord Handle: plague#6022

Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:28 pm

Seconded, this would be a good way to give extra purpose to GM skills as well. "I'm so good that I can make you a grandmaster", no matter what archetype you might have started as, is a badass pedigree.

• Information