cross-trade embellishments

Specifically for code or policies you would like to see implemented.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

astronamika
Discord Handle: amika#6326

Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:14 am

I really like the ability to tool custom embellishments and have something on one material craft that represents another material.

Having an embellishment from each trade would be kind of cool, like leatherworking embellishments for patches or lacing on fabric clothes, or wraps on weapons; wood for hilts or slipper heels; or ornaments in jewelling or blacksmithing that could represent steel buckles/pewter buttons/bronze clasps, etc, etc, etc.

River

Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:44 am

I think this could be fun. There's an item that I always see in Daylin's - some cheap 10 silver pendant for a necklace. Always makes me wish there was something like that I could embellish with. For jeweling, maybe the glass and metal charms could become something you can also embellish with? That way they can be used as pendants on necklaces, glass and metal beads and buttons, etc. for people who want to do really intricate embellishments. Just a thought.

Edit: After a bit of testing, I've noticed that you CAN use glass charms as an embellishment, as well as embellish them with other stuff. I tried to make a bronze one, but it could only BE embellished. So maybe it's more an issue of standardizing it across these crafts.

astronamika
Discord Handle: amika#6326

Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:47 pm

Deleted my other embellishment idea thread because I also noticed the measures you get from dyed bolts can be retooled and added as embellishments!

So I think putting notes in 'craft show' about which crafts create embellishments would be really useful.

• Information