Magecraft Grandmaster Craft ideas!

Specifically for code or policies you would like to see implemented.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Tasker

Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:15 am

So without specifics, anyone who has reached Grandmaster with Magecraft is always tremendously disappointed that all that effort leads to a potion that has few uses, the main being just something what would aid the more promiscuous community and be popular with the Vavardi. It makes little sense to have the level 75 GM craft be what it is... as in the middle of the list there is a craft to help reshape your entire body into another appearance which is far more powerful. Other examples of more powerful objects with far more uses scattered around the craft list. At the moment, there is no reason to spend a GM slot on Magecraft as it is simply just not worth it right now as the end craft is one of the least useful in the entire list.

It needs to be something a bit more powerful and impactful such as a Potion of Youth, perhaps lowering the characters coded age to avoid the oh-so-dreaded age debuffs.

My mind is drawing a blank on more ideas, but I'd be greatful if people slapped their own down here.

mystry

Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:21 am

Without knowing anything about magecraft at all (and in fact not even being able to see the magecraft tree), I have a couple ideas on powerful thingies that might be suitable for a grandmaster craft. No idea if this stuff is already in the magecraft recipes, or if they're feasible, so fair warning:

A potion or ritual that induces magic latency in a non-mage.
A potion or ritual that gives a big boost to ALL your stats.
A ritual that lets you summon another player to your location.
An item that lets you 'store' a spell within it, to be released at a later time, essentially letting you hold 2 spells at once.
A guaranteed cure for any type of poison.
A full heal potion that blips you back up to max health/mv and clears all wounds in one fell swoop.
An item that lets you perfectly forge someone else's mail profile/header/footer, so you can send mail as them.

Bingus

Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:52 pm

There are things for the forgery - as well as for the cures, not guaranteed, but good enough that nobody's complaining.

-Any- of that other stuff? Would be absolutely amazing, suitable, and probably silence complaints forever and on. The first one is a particular favorite, hurt some stats a little like a rebirth would, but activation plots aren't really happening. I'd love to see more.

Geras

Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:54 pm

I'd like to see more teleportation effects, directed and random. That might be a fruitful avenue? Though not something that could teleport someone into a pit of snakes.

And maybe a Cloak of Quills that returns damage?

Leta

Sun May 29, 2022 9:50 am

We aren't moving this to 'Accepted' because we have only implemented one of the ideas mentioned (so far), but there are plans to see a few others added as well. Thank you all for your ideas!

• Information