Physician Students

Specifically for code or policies you would like to see implemented.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

BlackSoul566

Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:18 am

While it makes sense lore-wise, RP-wise... It sucks. We need to do away with Student Physicians who literally can't be involved in Physician RP at all, unless the rare one or two people who are permitted to teach are present. We should simply do away with this rank all together. Period.

mystry

Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:56 pm

This has come up before, and it largely boils down to IC choice of how the GL runs their guild, which staff have historically not interfered with. Usually the response is 'if a GL is doing something you don't like, there are IC tools like gambits to remove them and effect change'.

Speaking strictly from a coded standpoint, I think the original justification was because if your medicine skill is low, you can flub a roll and actually make a wound WORSE on a patient, even knocking them out. While I personally think that perhaps extending the 'can do treatment with supervision' to Students as well as Orderly's might alleviate some of this, not to mention prompt promotion from student once someone reaches the required skill ranks, it's still ultimately up to the IC decision of the guild leader.

BlackSoul566

Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:07 pm

Then we need to stop having this debate about how to inspire more RP for the Physicians Guild, if the leadership is deciding to actively debilitate Physician based RP.

mystry

Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:38 pm

I think that in this situation, the debate was more about how it's 'only' medical RP that the Physicians have going for them, and getting injured or sick isn't really that common for most players.

BlackSoul566

Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:05 pm

Most people avoid being injured or sick, as it tends to either lead to questions being asked, or slows down other RP.

• Information