Physician RP Brainstorm

Specifically for code or policies you would like to see implemented.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

BlackSoul566

Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:49 pm

Wound recovery RP, that the Physicians rely on to foster their roleplay often times can feel tedious and weight down more meaningful roleplay, developing connections with other characters and telling stories. So, it's my opinion that we should make an effort to unmarry wound recovery RP from being the sole source of Physician RP. Whether that's a coded system, or some sort of cultural practice, or perhaps a policy that is established... Whatever works.

In my view, it has to be roleplay that doesn't feel like a chore, and seems fun and engaging to both parties involved. I'm open to brainstorming ideas for how this should work. My immediate thought, is roleplay revolving around finding and establishing a primary physician. Find someone who should generally serve as your goto, when it comes to receiving medical care and support. Maybe there is some sort of command, for the Physician to offer to a potential client/patient to become their primary physician.

One idea I like, is having some a sort of a trackable "wellness" stat. Something that basically serves as an indicator about how generally healthy your character is. Perhaps, actively engaging in RP in the hospital, with your primary physician should gradually increase your wellness. The more you RP with physicians, the more your general health improves, with the understanding that you are receiving medical advice, and learning how to take care of yourself.

What this stat could do, would perhaps provide some resistance to illnesses and injury, and maybe affect weight gain and/or loss (Either forced code, or a periodic "suggestion" that pops up. "Kinaed's wellness is really high this week, and as a result, she is looking slimmer!") Maybe! You could get a boost to your appearance, for having a really wellness.

BlackSoul566

Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:52 pm

Then general idea is that hunger and thirst, and survival mechanics would be too cumbersome and difficult to track. So, to this end, perhaps to supplement the wellness stat, and to provide more valuable RP for Physicians, food selections should affect your wellness. Eating a lot of sweets will lower it, while eating a lot of meat, and perhaps frequently being physically active should improve it. Perhaps there are small physical stat bonuses, for having a really high wellness.

BlackSoul566

Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:45 pm

And finally, I think that in general, with lore, there should be some level of physician-patient confidentiality. While this may disrupt some of the more shady medical RP southside, the primary focus should be on Physician RP anyway, when it comes to medicine. So, in my mind, unless your patient reveals they are a mage, a Physician should generally not report prostitutes, or mundane injuries to the Order/Reeves.

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:48 pm

So I don't want to detract from this idea but ... all of these things are possible now without code. People can host classes or have conversations with people on proper nutrition or hygiene without code.

Frequently my experience hasn't been that a lack of code is what keeps me from seeking out more medical RP of late. But more the reaction/lack of interest/seeming annoyance received and what feels like a frequent push to remove agency from players who interact with Doctors.

• Information