Asset Broker

Specifically for code or policies you would like to see implemented.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Rabek

Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:32 pm

I posted this suggestion to the staff about this late last year. I went on hiatus shortly after, so I don't know if anything came of it. I think it was purged in the request board cleaning.

Presently, to sell an asset you must post it on the market. While it is posted to the market, you still have said asset and cannot buy a replacement until another player buys it.

The asset market is a bit oversaturated: the asset I posted nearly six months ago (at heavy discount) is still there. This means that it's very difficult to make room to get a new asset.

A potentially simple solution would be to have posting the asset on the market remove it from your asset list. The current system lets you keep making income until the asset sells, which is something lost if you instead lost access.

I would propose something else: allow for selling directly to the market at a fixed percentage of the asset's value, then allow the market to resell it to other players. This could be an option (so people can still set their own price if they want to wait) or replace the current system.

• Information