Proposal - Mage Sanctuary

Specifically for code or policies you would like to see implemented.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Dreams
Discord Handle: dreams2410

Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:35 pm

Geras wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:33 pm
What makes a mage xblock worse than a guild xblock in your view Kitty?
Guild xblocks can be gotten through with RPA without people being burned at the stake. There are other IC ways for the good guys to get in, other than cooperating with a mage - which isn't very themely.

No one should make any place that is absolutely impossible to penetrate. Put actual coded things in the way, sure. But, this is different. And to be perfectly frank, I feel ridiculous having to explain the difference, because it is huge.

And yes, I do have a mage.
help policy triggers, help policy non-consensual, help sandwich

Geras

Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:27 pm

What sort of barriers do you think would make a good middle ground?

nemovonfish
Discord Handle: NvF

Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:33 pm

The issue we have here is that going in/out of the sanctuary places you at risk of being tracked and outed as a mage. Considering how established the Order players are, the sanctuary will be found on-grid pretty immediately, and all traffic in and out will be tracked to the source and the visitors burnt. Naturally, this will mean people don't leave once they enter, leading to the same problem as the Manus.

Geras

Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:10 am

nemovonfish wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:33 pm
The issue we have here is that going in/out of the sanctuary places you at risk of being tracked and outed as a mage. Considering how established the Order players are, the sanctuary will be found on-grid pretty immediately, and all traffic in and out will be tracked to the source and the visitors burnt. Naturally, this will mean people don't leave once they enter, leading to the same problem as the Manus.
Walking is for muggles.

Geras

Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:25 pm

What I mean by that is there are ways around the track/walk thing. But maybe there could be more.

galaxgal

Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:54 pm

I think if the time and risk investment of magic lessons were more favorable, phomes would see more use here. But the impression I get is that mutually revealing each other to the other invests too much risk for the minimal trickle of progression you get from lessons by general pbase standards.
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

Geras

Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:12 pm

Agreed there. I think the solutions are up the reward, lower the risk, or both. I think a medium security or better sanctuary would be a simple and quick way to lower the risk though.

Kuzco

Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:16 am

A mage xblock can't be circumvented through a plot by the Order. It is well proven through the decades that outed mages can and will hide behind magically coded barriers forever.
I like the idea of a moon-dependent lock like Geras said, though. It may mean that Knights can simply camp and wait, too.
I'm still resistant to the idea of an institutionalised hideout for mages, though. Fair or not, they are the eternal prey. Their best defense is anonymity/rebirth.

Edit: oh, this thread has more than one page. Shame.

• Information