Foraging Ideas II

Specifically for code or policies you would like to see implemented.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Inertia

Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:44 am

https://ti-legacy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1705

^
Can't add stuff to already accepted/finished request threads!

I had some thoughts about foraging skill that might improve its appeal and its usefulness, especially over rank 36.
  • Let forage ranks over 36 allow a % chance to collect multiples of a foraged item. So three forage rounds in a room, but potentially 6-9 total items pulled with higher ranks + good luck.
  • Let forage list tell you if a room has already been picked over. It feels like if you can tell what might be available in a place at a glance, you should also be able to determine it's too sparse to bother.
  • Maybe the forage system could be adjusted to add a random load option, kind of like a treasure hunt. E.g. if you just type forage (or maybe 'forage special' or something?), you'll either pick something from the room's normal list or based on a % chance and your skill, you might pull something neat from a different table. I'd suggest as a first run for populating said table, any sort of crafting ingredient fitting the price criteria Niamh listed in the other foraging thread.

Taunya

Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:09 am

Inertia wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:44 am
Let forage list tell you if a room has already been picked over. It feels like if you can tell what might be available in a place at a glance, you should also be able to determine it's too sparse to bother.
I think this was already supposed to be approved and put in, but I haven't checked lately.

Point 1 sounds feasible, if it's not unbalancing.

For point 3, would it count against the normal forage quota for the room, or be a separate thing? Would you know what you can get ahead of time, or just a chance for an unknown random item when you do it?
I'd suggest the chance of finding something like that being about the same as exotic trees in woodcutting.

• Information