Log of OOC Meeting - 2020-11-28

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:08 pm

Kinaed says, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Kinaed states, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon."

Wimpled claims, "I have a thing. "

Kinaed says to Wimpled, "Got you"

Anonymouse declares, "Me too, please!"

Kinaed nods at Anonymouse.

Kinaed declares, "Got two!"

Kinaed muses, "Anyone else?"

Kuzco claims, "Me"

Deedee muses, "Had a question for Niamh, but looks like she's not here?"

Kinaed claims to Deedee, "Not at the moment, sadly."

Deedee nods.

Kinaed says, "But you can definitely Personal Board her."

Deedee nod nods.

Kinaed says, "Okay, if anyone thinks of something during the chat, please send me a tell."

Kinaed claims, "Meanwhile, I'll kick off - last week I broke down the marketing plan with the Staff to dole out action items, engaged an artist, and engaged a designer for our website."

Tasker says, "Oh sweet. "

Kinaed says, "We also discussed which code changes are our priorities, but I'll leave that for Salem/Eos to discuss in their update. :)"

Apathy states, "Ah neat."

NotNaomi muses, "Action items?"

Kinaed claims, "No policy issues - thank you guys for being an awesome pbase that generally follows the rules."

Kinaed says to NotNaomi, "Things like Eos/Salem looking up Facebook APIs so our event scheduler can post directly to Facebook when an event is happening, that sort of thing."

NotNaomi nods.

Kinaed claims, "The marketing plan is going to be a lot of work (doable work, mind), but there's a lot to do, and so we have to distribute the load."

NotNaomi declaims, "Cool!"

Eos claims, "Also for the new website, having IC events listed on the website is something we plan to do :)"

Kinaed states, "On that, I'm actually shifting my attention from Turf Wars to the Player Event Scheduler, and I have posted on the forums about that."

Kinaed nods at Eos.

Anonymouse declaims, "Sounds really cool!"

Kinaed muses, "If you haven't had a chance to add your thoughts, please do at this thread: https://ti-legacy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2353"

Kinaed states to Anonymouse, "We hope so. :)"

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, I'll pass the torch to..."

Kinaed rolled 1d3 for a pool of: 1. []

Kinaed says to Temi, "You're up. :)"

Kinaed has transferred Kimaris.  [OOC]

Temi gives a savory fruit and venison pie with stags laid on the crust to Kimaris.

Temi claims, "Okay!  I finished up the Summer Holiday redo of the Hunting Festival, so hopefully people love the additions.  Should be nicely RPable without being a big drain on Merchants/Troubadours."

Temi states, "Beyond that, it's been the holiday in the US, so I've been visiting family, but am back now, and have a few smaller tasks to check through things."

Kinaed smiles.

NotNaomi declares, "Thank you!"

Condensation nods.

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed states to Temi, "I really like the new HELP HUNTING FESTIVAL. I think the ideas are pretty good and really playable."

Kinaed trails off, "Okay - next up..."

Kinaed rolled 1d2 for a pool of: 2. []

Kinaed says to Salem, "You're up :)"

Condensation says, "Sadly, I couldn't log on when there were folk to really invite along for a semi-organized semi-impromptu hunt this year."

Temi nods.

Condensation claims, ".. One day, we'll find that white stag from the folklore.."

Condensation sagenods.

Temi claims, "Unfortunately got the stuff done a little late for planning ahead this year.  But I did add a new recipe for the headdress."

Kinaed claims, "Oh, while we're waiting for Salem (whom has nose in code and asked to be paged), there are also some new recipes and whatnot in game to support the white stag."

Kinaed claims, "Hart. Hart."

Salem says, "I have been doing dual guilding stuff and right now I'm reading a code donation from Niamh for mxp. I will work to get mxp on the game until monday if it doesn#t work then we will concentrate on dual guilding for now."

Kinaed smiles at Salem.

Sparkles muses, "MXP?"

Kinaed declares, "Thanks!"

Kinaed claims to Sparkles, "Additional color codes."

Salem claims, "Colors"

NotNaomi exclaims, "Yay!"

NotNaomi says to Salem, "Now you're my favorite. Don't tell the others."

Raspberries queries, "Is the dual guilding goint to be only for covert guilds?"

A flurry of fiery-colored leaves sweep across the area, rapidly coalescing into the winged shape of Niamh. [OOC]

Kinaed claims, "Yes, dual guilding will be only for covert guilds."

Raspberries muses, "Once it's working, any thoughts to revisiting making it available for all?"

Temi says, "Please remember there's some challenges to it, so it may make the colors tough all the same."

Niamh skulks in late.

Temi gives a savory fruit and venison pie with stags laid on the crust to Niamh.

Kinaed says, "Also, it is a BIG piece of work because it touches on numerous systems, like our master list (database) and even our banking code (pay and gpay)"

Deedee waves to Niamh.

NotNaomi nods.

Kitty hugs Niamh. 

Kinaed claims, "So we're not expecting that work to come to fruition until maybe the end of January at this time."

Apathy places his right fist over his heart in salute to Niamh.

Kinaed states to Niamh, "We were just discussing that we're going to roll the dice and implement MXP if we can."

Niamh smiles.

Eos claims, "Yep, things like notify guild get weird when there's more than one, so we're reworking those"

Niamh says, "Good. It's a really easy bit of code, takes like 3 minutes."

Kinaed smiles.

Condensation dreams about orange.

NotNaomi claims, "Happy to thoroughly bug-test mxp :D"

Kinaed exclaims to NotNaomi, "Thank you!"

Condensation states, "Find a crafter who wouldn't- Same here, if you need it."

Condensation says, "I've plenty that I need to colour as is.."

Apathy claims, "That'll be awesome, I can't wait."

Sparkles states, "I used to really love the NPCs that would greet people for the notifies."

Condensation shifts eyes about warily.

Raspberries wouldn't mind unicode support, either.

Kinaed states to Raspberries, "We can look into it."

Kinaed jots down unicode.

Raspberries starts emoting in emoji.

Kinaed queries, "Okat, that's ... um, Eos, have you gone yet? If not, please give us an update?"

Temi jots down not to allow that.

Eos says, "Salem and me are chipping away on dual guilding for covert guilds. We hope it'll be done and finished within the next two months. For short term projects, we're planning on doing a short venture into having at least a few more colors available - mini mxp basically- trying to get that done in a short timeframe, otherwise it's back to dual guilding."

Kinaed nods at Eos.

Eos pontificates, "Say I've been collecting logs and writeups of cool events; I'd be very happy to receive even more of those. Anything you think might be an enjoyable read and might make people think, "hey, I wanna do this too!" "

Kinaed smiles.

Raspberries states, "I submitted Safir getting her hand melted."

Kinaed giggle-coughs.

Eos says, "Yea that was a great read, thank you :)"

Kinaed has transferred Ahzad.  [OOC]

Kitty says, "Oh man. That scene had a lot of key people in it."

Temi says, "I forwarded the logs I found of old coronations before we did the recent on to Eos as well."

Kinaed smiles.

Temi gives a savory fruit and venison pie with stags laid on the crust to Ahzad.

Kitty says, "Is the recent one needed? I have it somewhere."

Wimpled wonders, "Are you checking old logs that have been posted on the forum or should we forward some of those?  "

Kinaed claims, "I think if it's on the forums, we can just paw through them."

Wimpled claims, "Cool."

Eos states, "Oh the recent coronation wedding thing  could be great, yea, please send it. "

Sparkles states, "I'm still pondering what to submit, I have stuff."

Kinaed claims, "I'd love to encourage anyone who has sent Eos a log for the website, that if it's not on the forums, please consider posting them there too :)"

Kuzco says, "I've sent many <3"

Kinaed wonders to Niamh, "Sorry, in the interests of time, would you mind giving us your update for the week?"

Niamh states, "Added the ascii mapping system, ported the lore submission system over, removed the about slot from brooches and added the body slot instead, added the cloakpin wear location and item type, made Daffyd's sell to Freemen, added the code for shops that allow players to purchase with QP instead of silver. Made some little adjustments to things like invite."

Deedee states, "I had a question on some of the QP shop items, Niamh"

Kinaed cocks her head curiously and listens to Deedee. 

Kuzco states, "Oh yeah same"

Deedee muses, "Are the weapons there better than crafted weapons? they look buggy when I shop appraise them"

Deedee claims, "Like: Error state in damage for this weapon."

Deedee claims, "And It appears to be of (null) quality."

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

Niamh claims, "Not sure on the damage type, that seems... not so good. The null on quality thing happens when an item isn't crafted, but loaded."

Temi states, "Feel free to give us a typo note on that."

Temi nods.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Niamh claims, "When you craft an item it populates the quality based on your skill. When the item is loaded that's left unfilled."

Condensation says, "I'd.. really hope they aren't better than crafted ones.."

Kinaed states to Temi, "I think there's a bug note already, I'll move it to typo"

Deedee claims, "The damage type is okay, it's the amount of damage, like wicked, good, etc"

Kinaed says, "As a quest point shop item that costs 500 QP, I think it's fine if they're pretty good."

Niamh says, "Yeah, that's quality."

Niamh nods.

Temi says, "They aren't better.  I think they should be equivalent to player made, just a different kind of spendy."

Temi nods.

Kinaed states, "I think I got the right bug moved to typos for fixing."

Kitty says OOCly, "500 QP. Wow. And I thought my QP amount was doing pretty good. I have some work to do. *peeks at score*"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Condensation claims, "Hot damn.."

Kinaed has transferred Hawali.  [OOC]

Temi gives a savory fruit and venison pie with stags laid on the crust to Hawali.

Kinaed claims, "There are some very expensive items in the Quest Point shop."

Kinaed says, "And some not so expensive :)"

Deedee says, "500 is too much if they're not better than player-made. I have about 500 after collecting QP for many years"

Condensation says, "Yeah, no. At t hat cost, okay."

Condensation says, "I total a single QP a month at best, so yeah, big gulp"

Kinaed wonders, "Okay. Anything more on staff updates?"

Temi claims, "We don't want it to be preferrable to buying from players, just a genuine reward if you do get it."

Condensation nods at Temi.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi trails off, "But those weapons do cost 7000 silver from players, so..."

Apathy nods.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed claims, "We made an effort to make the costs be reasonable taking Merchant costs into account as well - but if you see anything in the quest shop that you think is wildly unbalanced, please Typo Board it for review and we'll review it."

Deedee nods.

Sparkles muses, "I'm guessing that means that things sold there won't be available for other loading?"

Deedee notes The Bolt is for sale there.

Temi grins at Deedee.

Kitty states, "7000 silver is loads easier to achieve than 500 QP."

NotNaomi nods.

Kuzco states, "True"

Temi states to Sparkles, "Yes, we would prefer people use the QP shop for the things available there."

Kinaed claims, "We agreed to consider custom loads for QP, so I wouldn't say it's off the table, but we haven't discussed it and it may well play into our decision whether to set up asset loads."

Kitty states, "I've seen the former multiple times on multiple characters. I've never seen the latter, and I'm hitting my tow year mark here."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed says, "What Temi says is generally true."

Kitty states, "Two year, rather."

Kinaed trails off, "I think that's everything for staff updates, and I'm aware we're halfway through our alloted meeting so..."

Kinaed muses, "If it's okay, I'd like to move to focus on Player Heartbeat :) How was the game for everyone this past week, folks?"

Kitty states, "Slow - holidays."

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Kinaed claims, "Fair call, yeah."

Kitty states, "Which is to mean, I haven't been around, either."

Kalana claims, "Yeah, holidays had had a lot else going on.  But I made a point to get some cloakpins out once they were available"

Condensation shrugs.

Kinaed smiles at Kalana.

Tasker claims, "I'm over Covid now wooo, trying to get back into the swing of things. Didn't get a whole lot done concerning ideas for Magery gubbins."

Deedee states, "Dearth of physicians about lately, sorry to those who got the wrong end of a boar at the hunting festival"

Kinaed pontificates to Tasker, "Oh my, you had the dreaded Covid? I'm glad you've recovered!"

Hawali claims, "I've been here a little bit, which has been awesome."

Kinaed smiles at Hawali.

Apathy says, "Good for what I've been able to get. "

Sparkles says, "It has been a bit slower but ... I am happy I've seen some new cyans this week."

Kinaed nods at Apathy.

Eos exclaims, "Glad you've recovered! "

Kuzco claims, "I had fun with The Silver Horde last weekend, buffing up Asglen's fort."

Wimpled claims, "The Horde stories have been great. "

Salem has lost link.
Salem has reconnected.

GeeBee is idle.

Kinaed declares, "We have a new player in the room with us, actually - welcome Ahzad! "

GeeBee is no longer idle.

GeeBee has returned from AFK.

Raspberries waves to Ahzad.

Kinaed claims to Kuzco, "Thank you sincerely for running the Silver Horde stories."

Kitty trails off to Kuzco, "Your STs have been amazing. I have so many recommends to write..."

Kinaed smiles.

Condensation states, "I've struggled finding folk, or always arrive on the late end of things. Nothing new."

Eos pontificates, "Welcome, Ahzad! I hope it's been fun!"

Kinaed claims, "Staff really appreciate it when players take some of the storytelling pressure off our shoulders and run GM-style stories in game. Thank you."

Temi nods in agreement with Kinaed.

Temi states, "And we've heard nothing but good stuff about it."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, it seems like it went super well, and we've even seen/heard other players wanting to use the system Kuzco came up with for their stories, so I think that speaks super well for it."

Kuzco states, "Thank you everyone"

Kinaed asks, "Okay, thanks for that - anything shitting anyone that they want Staff to know about or consider?"

Condensation states, "Hunting's broken as heck. But I'm still working on compiling more data on that."

Raspberries says, "Hunting's always been a bit wonky, yeah"

Kinaed claims to Condensation, "Thank you. When you're ready, please come chat with me and walk us through the problems."

Condensation states, "Unless you like hooves and unidentifiable meat, do not bother anymore."

Wimpled wonders, "What's broken with hunting?"

NotNaomi wonders, "One request! Can we make crates salvage-able?"

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Kinaed says to NotNaomi, "Writing it down for consideration."

Condensation claims, "All you get nowadays is hooves, or basically the bottom-grade roll, Wimpled."

Kitty claims, "That sounds like butchering, not hunting."

NotNaomi states, "Thanks. :)"

Temi nods.

Temi says, "Yeah, get us any info you can on that."

Condensation claims, "Yeah. So it breaks hunting, it's basically pointless and not worth the investment in Husbandry."

Condensation says, "I'm on forty-plus bucks and have yet to see any meat or musk glands, and have only gotten two racks of antlers even."

Wimpled says, "Is it a skill issue?  Or has it changed?  I've never had issues with butchering.  "

Kinaed says, "Ow."

Kinaed nods at Condensation.

Raspberries states, "Sounds like a broken roll yeah"

Condensation says, "I don't know. I've had it at Master for long, and it's kind of felt horrendous ever since I returned and made my current PC."

Kinaed states, "Staff have greenlit making crates salvage-able, it should be in soonish."

NotNaomi pontificates, "Cool, thanks!"

Condensation claims, "In maybe a hundred antelope and buck kills, I've gotten at best.. two haunches or three."

Condensation claims, "I've had several of the pigs and cows that you get from the breeding herds just NOT give meat at all."

Ahzad claims, "Oh i didnt see the welcome but thank you, great to be here"

Sparkles states, "If we are looking at Butchering I'd still love if rabbits could get a rabbit for tasty roasted rabbit rather than it being ... mystery meat."

Condensation claims, "Which is kind of sad, seeing how those cows take a goood while.."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, staff will definitely look intot his buck spawn problem"

Wimpled says OOCly, "Wow.  My husbandry is only 60 and I always get meat from breeding cows. "

Condensation claims, "It's every mob."

Temi claims, "Adding rabbit meat would mean a whole new slew of all meat recipes to account for it"

Raspberries wonders, "Is skin working properly? just butcher broken?"

Temi states, "I think generic meat probably works okay for it, compared to the work involved."

Condensation claims, "Just butcher. Skin is always a bit iffy, like one in five antelopes/buck you will still fail (and even the basic mobs), but that isn't too bad."

Raspberries nods.

NotNaomi states, "I'll help with some hunting testing/logs too"

Kinaed states, "I think I'm going to have to assign a specific staff member to look at this holistically, and I suspect Niamh is the best person to assist."

NotNaomi states, "And by hunting, I meant skinning/butchering"

Niamh says, "Will give it a peek."

Kinaed says, "So please liaise directly with Niamh about reviewing the popping rates of various things."

Kitty claims, "I had noticed, in the past, that butchering my cows doesn't seem to actually ever get a full side, but I figured it was my skill not high enough."

Condensation claims, "Note your skill level in the logs, please. I'm at 65 myself."

NotNaomi nods.

Kitty says, "I haven't tried since I've mastered it."

Condensation states, "Or wait.."

Condensation peeks

Niamh claims, "Skinning items and butchering items can be edited in-game, so ideally it's just a situation where we need to add meat at lower skill levels."

Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Condensation says, "Yeah, 65. I was contemplating just dropping it completely for now."

Ahzad claims, "Beef jerky"

Kinaed claims, "We may need to check the underlying code is okay though. The number of bucks Marakus is in without a single hit... seems pretty odd."

Raspberries nods.

NotNaomi states, "Especially since they take forever to kill."

Kinaed claims, "But we can definitely set it to something like 5 percent, then have NIamh load 100 bucks and see if we get any"

Niamh questions, "I think I missed that bit. I saw the one about not getting haunches, what was the other with bucks?"

Kinaed states, "We can definitely shortcut testing that."

Condensation claims, "I'm always swimming in suede with how many things I hunt down, so yeah.. it's really bad that all I've been getting is hooves."

Raspberries claims, "I never had trouble with it last I used it, maybe a year ago. sounds like a new bug"

Condensation claims, "Not even racks. No musk glands. No cut or haunches. No bone. Suet's become a rarity too"

Condensation claims, "And we need those for so many different skills."

Salem has lost link.
Salem has reconnected.

Kinaed says, "Okay, just for the sake of time as we have three registered topics - Niamh will liaise with Marakus and other players who have had these problems. THANK YOU for alerting us."

Kinaed pontificates, "Okay, it's time for Player Topics!"

Kinaed claims to Wimpled, "Your topic is the first up. Please introduce us. :)"

Wimpled Is it possible for invite to work in the public rooms of player shops?  Just tried it today and my shop is considered private, even in the public room.

Wimpled says OOCly, "Whoops"

Wimpled states, "Is it possible for invite to work in the public rooms of player shops?  Just tried it today and my shop is considered private, even in the public room.  "

Raspberries claims, "That's odd"

Kinaed claims to Wimpled, "I think we can arrange it. let me take that back and see how we could fix it."

Wimpled says, "It said I couldn't invite people to my phome, even in the shop part."

Kinaed nods at Wimpled.

Raspberries claims, "Ah."

Sparkles claims, "Invite also won't work if either party is in RP already, I think."

Deedee states, "Seems to work in guildhalls at least. Can invite people to my office."

Kinaed says, "We did intentionally block the invitation to phomes because we were concerned it'd just be older players RPing in their phomes all the time, and we want people on the streets as much as possible to help new players in the game find RP (see the forum post on public RP)"

Kinaed states to Sparkles, "Also intended."

Kinaed muses, "That said, may I ask if people are enjoying the new 'safety' of invite, and if it's a good thing or a problem so far?"

Kinaed claims, "It's definitely an experiment for us."

Kuzco says, "Haven't tested it that way"

Condensation says, "I appreciate the safety feature. Felt it always was a must."

Deedee hasn't used it lately anyway.

Kitty states, "I've only accepted invites. I haven't made them."

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Temi questions, "Do you feel better accepting them?"

NotNaomi states, "Invite does seem to work when the other person is in RP, I've had someone invited out of RP with me."

Sparkles says, "Honestly a lot of the time the invitation is easier than trying to ICly convey directions when inviting people over."

Ahzad says, "This is all new to me, but seems interesting"

Eos queries, "Yes please take a look at the forum post and let us know about your thoughts http://forums.ti-legacy.com/viewtopic.php?t=2358"

Kinaed smiles at Ahzad.

Kinaed claims to Ahzad, "We're talking about HELP INVITE."

Condensation claims, "I would, yes, Temi."

Kinaed says, "Okay, we'll look at public portions of privately-owned shops and discuss it as that does link a bit into how our system identifies phomes."

Wimpled states, "Thanks, appreciate it."

Raspberries queries, "So the short answer to Wimpled's question is No?"

Hawali claims, "Wow. Invite looks totally rad. Just now reading the helpfile."

Raspberries claims, "Ah okay"

Kinaed claims, "The short answer is 'not yet, investigating'"

Raspberries nods.

Kinaed states to Anonymouse, "Your topic is up. :) Please introduce us. :)"

Wimpled claims, "I used invite a fair before, would be nice for bringing customers in, and normally one customer brings a crowd."

Wimpled claims, "Fair bit before"

Anonymouse declaims, "Wall of text incoming!"

Condensation nods.

Anonymouse states, "So, my thing is about Magery, so I understand that not everyone can really contribute directly, but your point of view is still valued! Specifically, capstones - the spells you get for Grandmastering your element and moon. Each element gets at least one spell when you get both to 75/75, and some of these are entirely fluff, with no mechanical benefit whatsoever. The ultimate expression of power for a Water Mitch that is the Champion of their Moon? They can make it rain. Or stop raining. That's it. Fire on the other hand, gets the Make It Warm/Less Warm fluff spell, but also two very useful ones with mechanical benefits. I'd like to start the discussion on moving some spells around in the progression, and hopefully giving people a reason to Grandmaster elements like Water and Air by adding new Capstone spells."

Deedee braces.

Ahzad frowns. "Hey. Magic is illegal."

Anonymouse says, "Come @ me"

Niamh quietly hands a pitchfork to Ahzad. 

Kuzco says, "Those spells can be weaponised if you are creative, though they do seem underwhelming"

Condensation makes the sign of the chalice.

Raspberries states, "Rain sounds like a pretty big deal to me"

Kitty says, "Thing is, because anyone can only have three master spots, only one of those top spells is available to any one person, because they need both moon and element."

Temi says, "The ability to change weather across the mud is a pretty big effect, yeah, and it does effect other RP"

Sparkles claims, "It might be a bigger deal if people reacted more strongly."

Condensation says, "And yes, what Kuzco said, though I know where you're coming from."

Ahzad says, "Magic seems cool but I'd get caught and executed in like 5 seconds"

NotNaomi claims, "The air one is really underwhelming."

Temi grins at Ahzad.

Kinaed claims, "I kind of agree, and if you get a fire mage, wind mage, water mage, etc together - pretty sure you can actually make a blizzard and whatnot."

Anonymouse says, "It's a big effect sure - but it's entirely fluff."

Sparkles says, "I do think at times things would feel like a bigger impact if people RPed more strongly about it. But at a certain point folks ... kind of don't react at all."

Kitty claims, "I think they aren't seeing it as much. I can remember big reactions when they were."

Kuzco says, "Or if they ruined crops etc"

Kuzco states, "Or scared animals"

Deedee states, "Warming or cooling does affect crops not in a hothouse"

Kinaed claims, "I think rather than making the ability to control the literal forces of nature a 'lower progression', we may be better served by adding - yes - either more impact to the spells OR potentially additional spells at those levels."

Kinaed says, "I'd be happy to see ideas for additional spells on the forums, btw."

Condensation says, "1200 feet range Eldritch Blasts plz"

Deedee states, "Starting a thunderstorm often brings people in to the Madison for lightning strikes."

Kinaed states, "Okay, adding the potential impact of those capstone spells to the Staff Talking Points. With regards to potential new spells, I'd request that they be put on our Ideas forum."

Anonymouse claims, "We can already control the literal forces of nature at lower progressions - what with the fecho and the circles and such. But it's pretty painful that there are spells you get at 36 that are better than the one you get at 75."

Kinaed states, "Please note that we generally do, by game design, keep the combat utility of spells low, though we're happy and keen to improve the OTHER kinds of utility of magic very high."

Kuzco nods.

Raspberries flashbacks to exploding orbs.

Sparkles queries, "Otherwise maybe have the echoes last longer?"

Kimaris is idle.

Kinaed says to Anonymouse, "I think different people have different measuring sticks as to what makes a good spell, but if anyone is fechoing a blizzard at circle two, report them to policy because that's NOT circle two."

Anonymouse claims, "Fecho is just a single emote, it's not like... an ongoing effect. It's mostly used to do Avatar Last Airbender shennanigans with your element."

Temi says, "We also don't want to lock the most useful items behind high skill levels if they aren't necessarily showing a huge impact over stuff.  Skills should be actually useful all the way up."

Kinaed nods at Anonymouse.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed claims, "I take it there's a genuine underlying issue here though about spell progression."

Ahzad queries, "Is there any "good" magic? like holy stuff for taking down mages?"

Ahzad states, "Maybe thats a spoiler"

Kuzco states, "There is faith"

Kuzco states, "And there's sword"

Kinaed states, "I think we can definitely look at some of that, regardless of how we feel about the current capstone spells."

Deedee states, "There's some tools the Order has for mage hunting."

Ahzad claims, "Neato"

Temi claims, "Magic is bad, by definition, by the Holy Order.  By the mages - they can do good things or bad with it."

Kinaed says to Ahzad, "Nope, the Order is pretty much on its own except for a few tools they've figured out"

Anonymouse wonders, "So, post on forums about this? How much do we have to worry about specifics? I never know if I can specifically mention spell effects, or if I'll get in trouble for that, which greatly stifles communication"

Condensation claims, "Mages may think they can 'do good' with it, but in the eyes of the Davites, it is still taint and heresy, and bad."

Kinaed claims, "With new spell ideas, the sky is the limit."

Temi claims, "We'll likely change up the specifics from any suggestion, so feel free to suggest whatever you want."

MAMI trails off to Kinaed, "Magical ejector seats..."

Anonymouse asks, "With existing ones though, don't say "Hey Water gets x spell at #/# which does y"? Or is that okay?"

Kinaed says, "With existing spell complaints, it's probably best to post to Staff on the bugs board if it's broken, or reach out in tells."

Kinaed claims, "I'd prefer you weren't htat specific, yeah."

Raspberries states, "Magic beans that allow entry to sky rooms for mundanes"

Kinaed claims, "I am happy for you to post a long note on the Personal Board also, or even to meet with you after OOC Chat to discuss your findings in depth"

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, with only a few more minutes left - final OOC Chat topic..."

Kinaed questions to Kuzco, "Please introduce us? :)"

Kimaris is no longer idle.

Kimaris has returned from AFK.

Raspberries tickles the Kuzco. 

Condensation eats a savory fruit and venison pie with stags laid on the crust.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, if Kuzco comes back to intro his topic, we'll give the floor. In the meantime, I'll start our wrap up messages."

Kinaed states, "Firstly, thank you everyone for coming today."

You have paged Norrig.

Kinaed states, "Please do try out the "invite" command and let us know how it's working for you."

Kinaed asks, "... okay, that's all I have for the moment. Anyone else ahve anything to raise or discuss for four minutes?"

Kinaed claims, "Or we can go back to discussing how to get magic ideas in the pipeline, etc."

Anonymouse states, "You're all cool, and I enjoy RPing with all of you."

Kuzco says, "Sorry"

Kinaed smiles.

Kuzco states, "Simply put: please consider coding a way to add difficulty to rolls. It would make some RP venues (like STs!) easier."

Deedee claims, "I think multitells should work including other players when a staff member is in the multi-tell"

Hawali questions, "Will we every get random items from fishing again? Is there even the teeniest tiniest dice roll for that?"

Kinaed trails off, "Hmm, I thought that was already in there... sec"

Temi says, "They are in there."

Temi ponders.

Deedee says, "Staff can multi-tell players, but doing a reply only messages the staff excluding the players"

Kinaed states, "We may need to update the help file. Might not have gotten updated with the change."

Kinaed says to Deedee, "Writing that down, thanks :)"

Kinaed says to Kuzco, "Okay, we'll have a look at roll and see how it's comparing to the code, because I'm pretty sure we have coded difficulty in there already. If not, it's sitting on the bug board as a low priority item."

Kinaed says, "We can bump the priority."

Kuzco claims, "Okay"

Kuzco claims, "So far I just use Advantage and Disadvantage like in D&D"

Raspberries asks of Kuzco, "How do you picture that working?"

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Kuzco says, "I'd use flat multiples of 10 as modifiers"

Kuzco states, "Roll self combat -30"

Kinaed claims, "I think we created something like a target number system, but I can't remember because the help file doesn't reflect whatever we did."

Kinaed says, "So maybe we didn't do it and think we did. :)"

Raspberries says, "I see."

Kuzco claims, "I say this because it's almost impossible to fail skill rolls after a certain point"

Raspberries doesn't see.

Kinaed states, "We'll look into it - thanks for the feedback."

Raspberries states, "Relatedly"

Raspberries says, "Contest really needs to not tie all the time"

Kinaed says, "I think Norrig is saying giving a +10 or -10 effective stat points to adjust the roll"

Temi states, "I think we discussed it, but didn't ever end up putting it in, yeah"

Kinaed states, "Okay, adding contest and dice difficulties to our staff review stuff."

Kinaed nods.

Kuzco declares, "Thank you"!"

Kinaed exclaims, "Thanks everyone!"

Raspberries waves.

• Information