Arrest/Restrain

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.
Taunya

Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:05 pm

So picking up from today's OOC chat, I thought we could kick around some ideas on how the arrest/restrain code could work.
I did a search and this isn't the first time it's been brought up:

https://ti-legacy.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 5822#p5822
https://ti-legacy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1554

For now, I think it initiating combat so the arrestee can attempt to flee without having to throw a punch first would be good, but in general it might be good to review how it works.

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:04 am

What does flee currently take into account? Stats or skills of some kind?

Buzz K[ir]ill

Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:00 pm

Dexterity, I'd imagine, and possibly distance from the target? I don't fully recall, so maybe someone with more recent knowledge can comment.

Taunya

Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:50 pm

I think current defense might play into it too, and some randomness. Tougher opponents are harder to flee from, but if you keep trying you might succeed (while they still have a chance to stop you by knocking you senseless in the meanwhile).

An alternative I suggested before is allowing the 'shoulder' command to attempt escape, which is different from the combat code. Shoulder likewise has some random factor, so multiple attempts might eventually mean success. It seems to be more stat focused, and it's also harder to shoulder past when you're individually targeted rather than someone guarding against all trying to shoulder past.
A plus to this is unlike flee, it'll take the number of people assisting with the arrest into account. If others are guarding a direction, it's next to impossible to shoulder past them, whereas flee will bypass them entirely if it succeeds a single check. A downside is shoulder can be spammed, and there could be less chance for someone to react than with the 5 minute combat code rounds.

• Information