Pox and You

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:16 pm

So, I've recently become ... aware, that presently there is a coded chance that a codedly married couple (IE they were married by an Orderite and on their scores are thus listed as one another's spouse) engage in ... "maritial relations" can randomly spawn the Pox via Breed rolls.

I'd like to humbly propose this chance be removed from at least codedly married couples. Thematically, one of the reasons the Order pushes marriage is that "relations" within marriage are the only appropriate "relations" that don't lead to Taint. And the Magebane Chew helpfile makes clear that the Pox thematically is seen on the same level or at least related to the same level of Taint as being a mage. And I think a big portion of Order theme is sort of taken away if codedly the very thing they argue about is so clearly false.

Also, as an aside, given the level of seriousness about the end run of Pox, with the above changed, might I also humbly suggest a consideration in creating a buffer against it in the form of a potion like Strumpet's Solace? Whoresons Ward maybe? :? ;) :lol: For those non-married folks up to ... nonsense. Because reasonably, it seems like people should try and prevent it rather than rely on Magebane to fix it because ... that can't be made with any regularity because mage ashes are an ingredient. Also, it seems like that would also help theme as like Mugwort if the potion has a clear purpose for naughty things the embarrassment of asking a Physician for it, having to go to Southside for it, or having to bounty board for it would add to the RP about the choice.

Temi

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:01 pm

Starstarfish wrote:So, I've recently become ... aware, that presently there is a coded chance that a codedly married couple (IE they were married by an Orderite and on their scores are thus listed as one another's spouse) engage in ... "maritial relations" can randomly spawn the Pox via Breed rolls.

I'd like to humbly propose this chance be removed from at least codedly married couples. Thematically, one of the reasons the Order pushes marriage is that "relations" within marriage are the only appropriate "relations" that don't lead to Taint. And the Magebane Chew helpfile makes clear that the Pox thematically is seen on the same level or at least related to the same level of Taint as being a mage. And I think a big portion of Order theme is sort of taken away if codedly the very thing they argue about is so clearly false.

Also, as an aside, given the level of seriousness about the end run of Pox, with the above changed, might I also humbly suggest a consideration in creating a buffer against it in the form of a potion like Strumpet's Solace? Whoresons Ward maybe? :? ;) :lol: For those non-married folks up to ... nonsense. Because reasonably, it seems like people should try and prevent it rather than rely on Magebane to fix it because ... that can't be made with any regularity because mage ashes are an ingredient. Also, it seems like that would also help theme as like Mugwort if the potion has a clear purpose for naughty things the embarrassment of asking a Physician for it, having to go to Southside for it, or having to bounty board for it would add to the RP about the choice.
I don't know about all of this, but the powder in that recipe is horn, not mage ashes.

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:17 pm

Temi wrote: I don't know about all of this, but the powder in that recipe is horn, not mage ashes.
Really? I feel awfully stupid now.
Lurks the Forums

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:20 pm

There's a change on the board to address this.

• Information