[Poll] City Metric, City Report, City Forecast, and Seneschal

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

How are you finding the city report, city metric, city forecast, and Seneschal system at this time?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:57 pm

Positive
12%
Negative
29%
Mixed (Comments Below)
59%

Total votes: 17
Misstery

Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:34 pm

Geras wrote:I think Dice is right that there seems to be two different things mixed up here.

One should be each guild's ability to exert influence in the city - either overtly or covertly.

Another should be a vote on how to expend the city/government's resources and influence.
This makes a lot of sense... but would need to be clarified. What makes sense to me... say let's take health for example. The GL of Physicians might put their influence behind heath, because that week they hired more Orderlies, expanded their gardens and ran clinics on how to wash your hands (just an example). However, heath is low and the city wants to spend money to hire rat exterminators and purchase a stock pile of meds. Then the Council would vote to divert. How this translates code-wise I'm not sure... but that would make sense to me.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:23 am

Had a read of this, it's been awhile.

I'll take care of Margaux's issue as soon as I can figure out how. The problem is that either she'll be completely unable to affect a guild vote because she's a noble or we have to complicate the syntax for all players just to allow one person to vote who would theoretically be speaking for her guild as a GL as everything was designed to be. I need to think my way through that problem, so Margaux, please hold tight.

With regards to the Seneschal knowing what people are voting for - he doesn't know if people are subverting anything or not, he just knows what area they're focusing their attention -but I sort of agree that this can be used to deduce who subverted something, so I will probably list who has voted and not what they've voted for in the Seneschal view.

With regards to whether or not it is a vote - no, it is intended to be the character's IC support/subvert activities for the week. However...

Is the council an actual council? YES. They don't need to vote on anything to coordinate what they're doing in a given IC period though, they can just discuss what they're doing. The city council in this form isn't a body that meets, not because they cannot meet, but because we felt it would be too unwieldy to try to get people in different timezones, etc together. I think the real place people fall over is that they can't imagine a city council as anything other than Court - but they're not court, and they're not like your local city council either. They're more like formal group of people handed a budget by the Crown that decides where to implement the budget to get the best outcome for Lithmore.

I'm glad these things came out in this thread, as I was unaware of where the ambiguities and issues were for people. I'll review help files and resolve these items as quickly as possible.

Pixie

Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:47 am

Hmm. Would it be a simpler fix RE: Margaux and Ariel's inability to vote as titled nobles to make the system first check for titled nobility, then check for other suitability? When you enter city support/subvert <blah> <blah>, code goes "Are they a titled noble" first, then "are they otherwise eligible to vote" second? Wouldn't require separate syntax or a full reprogramming if that fix did it.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:09 am

Then they would be unable to vote for their guild, ever. They'd vote for themselves first, which means they wouldn't be GLs in full.

• Information