Husbandry Idea

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Tremere

Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:21 am

So we have herbalism for certain herbs and the like that can be worked into poisons. What if at high levels of husbandry there was the ability to milk/extract poisons/venoms from certain animals like snakes/spiders and the like. Could be done in conjunction with general exotic animals.

Tremere

Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:24 am

And this second one I know is -never- going to be approved, but I just have to suggest it. Put bees... in ceramic jar... bee grenade! It could be like a damage over time thing, doing little bits of minor mv/hp damage as they get stung a lot. *nods*

Edit:

https://books.google.com/books?id=pMcty ... fe&f=false

I found evidence of a bee cannon! The Mayan's weaponized bees! As have others! I am waaaay too excited about this.

Temi

Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:28 am

Yeah, you are right. No bee grenades, sorry. We could probably make the snakes work, but I am concerned that the work for it would never be utilized. The poison parts of the herbalism system are barely used as is.

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:13 pm

Temi wrote:Yeah, you are right. No bee grenades, sorry. We could probably make the snakes work, but I am concerned that the work for it would never be utilized. The poison parts of the herbalism system are barely used as is.
To be fair, I think that has alot to do with the fact that it's damn near impossible to really get into the two guilds who have herbalism as their guildskill. I mean I have a character who I would love to make poisons with, but it doesn't make much sense for them to join the physicians, and it doesn't make much sense for the physicians to allow someone to join just for herbalism. Regarding the Thieves... Well it's the thieves. Again doesn't make much sense for them to allow someone into their guild just to improve herbalism without any other skills to bring to the table.

Now if there was a way to improve guildskills without joining the guild, such as having to be taught it from someone within the guild... well I like to imagine it things such as poisons would have more use.
Lurks the Forums

Temi

Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:42 pm

Voxumo wrote:Now if there was a way to improve guildskills without joining the guild, such as having to be taught it from someone within the guild... well I like to imagine it things such as poisons would have more use.
Yes...? That is how it works. Anyone within the guild with the skill can teach it to anyone - that doesn't hit the same guildskill limitations.

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:57 pm

Temi wrote:
Voxumo wrote:Now if there was a way to improve guildskills without joining the guild, such as having to be taught it from someone within the guild... well I like to imagine it things such as poisons would have more use.
Yes...? That is how it works. Anyone within the guild with the skill can teach it to anyone - that doesn't hit the same guildskill limitations.
Wait really? So if someone in the guild has it beyond level 36, they can teach non-guild members above 36?
Lurks the Forums

Temi

Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:53 pm

Voxumo wrote:
Temi wrote:
Wait really? So if someone in the guild has it beyond level 36, they can teach non-guild members above 36?
Yep!

• Information