Fishing should cost MV

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Lily

Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:38 pm

It hadn't occured to me to check my MV when fishing, but I realized today that fishing...takes no MV. Which is strange, considering how much effort my character seems to put into it.

So while I do like fishing for days, it seems to make sense for it to use energy. How much? I'm not sure really. I'm not sure if other physical skills like fishing also take no MV, but if they don't, that should probably be addressed too.

Dice

Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:06 am

This would be a nice balance to getting 'free' fish. If a roasted fish fillet returns, say, 20 mv, maybe fishing should take 5 mv a cast? So at lower ranks it may not pay off, but at higher ranks (or rare successes) it definitely will.

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:09 pm

Hmm... I do agree that it should cost mv, but I think it should only cost mv upon success. My reasoning for this, unless you are doing some fancy fly fishing, fishing is often just casting the line and waiting. In that time your waiting you would have essentially already regained the 'energy' you spent on the cast. The real drain is when you have something on your line, and you are trying to reel it in. How much energy you spend reeling it in, well that really depends on the fish, and the weight and size of the fish... but that's more complicated than it needs to be.
Lurks the Forums

• Information