Cyans and Newbie XP

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Geras

Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:41 pm

Hey all,

I was wondering - would it be possible to have people only show up as cyan when they are on both a new account and a new character? I'm not saying get rid of the bonus xp you get for rping on a new char, just the cyan colouring. The original intent of cyan was to identify new players so we can help them get into the game. It's getting hard to do that when most of the cyans are just new chars, not new characters.

Rabek

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:18 am

I believe the intent of Cyan is to encourage playing with a new -character-, too, so that they can get settled into the game ICly. You are supposed to make an effort to include cyan characters. This isn't just because they are new -players-, but because new -characters- need to be inserted into the game. It can be hard to do so if you aren't part of an OOC niche in many MUDs, so encouraging the play between cyans and established characters helps.

Clockwork

Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:19 am

Indeed, I agree with Rabek. Additionally, some players don't like to advertise their alts - new characters that appear as white rather than Cyan can cause issues with this. There is already a way for a new character to de-cyan - purchase established - and so the problem is self correcting, as far as I can see.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:10 am

Players who don't want to be viewed as cyan can 'purchase established' to rid themselves of it right now, so it's really a player's choice to appear cyan.

• Information