Assets

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Annalesa

Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:05 pm

My experience on creating a new character is that it appears that purchasing assets has gone from experience based for each tier to silver based for each tier.

Having a stable way to generate in-game silver weekly is critical to doing things as basic as sending letters, messengers, purchasing rumors, and basic group RP in bars. The starting asset helps, but it doesn't appear to scale its payout based on what class one chooses, and I identified this as a problem to my ability to RP convincingly as a gentry even with the starting silver based on the expense of things on-grid. I overcame this limitation by purchasing wealth after heading back into chargen, but for new players with limited XP, this would be an issue.

The change to asset purchasing is a good idea, but I would suggest tweaking the incidentals around it by adjusting the silver cost of assets down or scaling the payout of the starting asset with one's chosen class.

Taunya

Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:11 pm

Perhaps gentry should start with a tier 2 asset like nobles do? The cost for purchasing gentry could be increased to make up for it.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:41 pm

Thanks for pointing this out - will add to Staff Talking Points.

• Information