Object and Clothing Depreciation?

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Sparkles

Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:30 pm

I see this mentioned on the latest Staff Decisions post, is there any more info about what this spec will do?

If it's to have clothing start to decay, I admit giving the ever recurring issue with keeping long-term active tailors (as they seem to burn out quickly) I worry this might create more problems than it hopes to solve.

galaxgal

Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:50 pm

I admit I didn't know anything about this until the OOC meeting, where it didn't seem to get much discussion.

I don't know if increased demand in tailoring work is going to directly cause more problems for tailors and to be honest I think some of the issues might be caused more by player behavior and expectations than coded problems with tailoring per se.

But this is me speaking without two key pieces of knowledge:

-The actual deprecation spec
-The perspective of full-time (eg. Merchant) crafters who have huge workloads and not enough reliable and active subordinates.
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

Geras

Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:17 pm

Agreed that this seems like a bad idea.

Kuzco

Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:15 pm

Agreed that this seems like a bad idea. There are better ways to simulate this mechanic (like junking clothes in abandoned phomes).

• Information