Log of OOC Meeting - 12/28/19

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Sparkles

Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:21 pm

Kinaed says, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon."

Lissa says, "I have a small topic and an interest check for an event I want to host."

Kinaed says, "I have Brando"

Kinaed states to Lissa, "Got you also"

Kinaed asks, "Anyone else?"

Lissa says, "I have already prewritten it too."

Kinaed exclaims to Lissa, "Perfect!"

Lissa smiles.

Kinaed says, "Any other topics to register? If someone thinks of one, send me a tell."

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "Meanwhile, kicking off Staff Updates - last week I did some request queue work, made a nuisance of myself by not knowing what was going on half of the time, and actually churned out a bit of work on the Turf Wars spec (not far enough along to show people, but getting somewhere)"

Kinaed claims, "On my desk: Turf Wars."

Kinaed says, "I think we had a staff meeting after last week's OOC Chat as well."

Kinaed states, "I don't remember any of it other than it happened and I think ... Niamh?... might have kindly done the write-up."

Kinaed claims, "That's it for me... Az, you're up."

Azarial claims, "I managed a few little things, otherwise I was busy RL for the holidays. the main one is that assets should no longer poof on inactivity, and will remain until the master list clears your alt."

Jiraiya cheers!

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed claims to Azarial, "Nice work."

Kinaed claims to Temi, "You're up :)"

Sparkles asks, "Will that affect the availability of certain asset combos?"

Temi claims, "I've been pretty busy for the holidays, but I am now back home and I think I've gotten plots and things back up to date, including an update on the war."

Kuzco declares, "Yes!"

Kinaed claims to Sparkles, "I don't think so - we decided to exclude inactive stuff."

Kuzco huggles Temi chastely.

Sparkles nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed smiles.

Temi states, "I owe proposals for updating rumors and how to make corpse rot a normal disease, so hopefully I can get to those soon."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed states to Temi, "Thank you :)"

Kinaed claims to Niamh, "You're up :)"

Niamh states, "Pretty much nada beyond the day to day maintenance stuff and writing up 'help joust.' Holiday and a house full of people kept me very occupied. I did test some issues with a mage spell showing OOC information to make sure it's not doing that anymore, but that was just today and shouldn't count."

Kinaed grins.

Niamh flutters.

Kitty declaims, "Help Joust looks great, though!"

Kinaed says to Niamh, "Thanks for that stuff as well. It was probably timewise more significant than what I did, at least."

Niamh highfives Kitty!

Kinaed says to Erika, "You're up :)"

Brando claims, "Help joust is awesome..cant wait to try it out"

Erika says, "I've been kind of busy IRL, unexpectedly so. The main thing that I'm working on is writing a spec for added immersion throughout the city with occasional events on which players can join, giving them an oppertunity for additional roleplay in public."

Venamelia claims, "Oh my. That sounds nice."

ToffeeApples cheers!

Lissa states, "That sounds amazing."

Kinaed says to Erika, "Thank you :)"

Kuzco states, "Yay, well done"

Kinaed states, "Thank you, all staff, for your work this week. It's always a tough week of the year around family commitments, but I appreciate that we all got at least a few small things done if not a few big things too."

Niamh claims, "So looking forward to that one. It's going to be awesome."

Brando says, "Isnt that a level of redundancy we don't require? We have the plots system and we have real in game places for notice boards and the like."

Kitty queries, "Events are a redundancy?"

Sparkles claims, "More ways for people to interact and find RP is always a good thing, in my opinion."

Kinaed claims to Brando, "The idea was raised by players and discussed by staff. I think it will be fine - Erika is currently speccing up ideas for consideration, etc. I think that's a good thing."

Venamelia says, "Random events would be an invitation for new player to hook in as well, in my opinion. "

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, that's it for Staff Updates - next on our agenda - Player Heartbeat! How was the game this last week, everyone?"

Satoshi states, "I think its a good way to get people to come out of hiding and interact for once"

Temi claims, "We're not sure we need it, but we think it might offer something, so Erika is looking into options that will add to RP, rather than take away from it"

Lissa thinks it will lead to more RP which is always good.

Satoshi pontificates, "Ive barely been around sadly but had some nice scenes, planning to get up to trouble soon though!!"

ToffeeApples muses, "viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2180&p=15151#p15151 is a thread on the boards regarding it"

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Kitty claims, "It would take some of the pressure off of the players to constantly run events, and therefore can make the ones that are put on by players much more planned out and epic."

Brando states, "Okay. I withdraw my point until we get to see how taht sepc works in the wild for a while. Thanks for bring that up. anything taht expands and drives RP is vital and I apporve of it. was just asking for clarification ok. :)"

Lissa claims, "And my week has been pretty good, slow due to the holidays but good. I'm trying to reach out to other players more."

Kalana claims, "It was officially last week, but I appreciated the effort for the Yule market. But had been pretty much away after that"

Kinaed smiles at Lissa.

Kinaed nods at Kalana.

Lissa states, "People just need to reply. ;)"

Kinaed comforts Lissa.

Kuzco claims, "I am currently working on an ST with Sparkles"

Venamelia says, "This week been fine. Pretty absent but both of my character progressed on their endeavors and I am happy with the progress both do, even if one of them is very slow."

Kinaed says to Kuzco, "Exciting :)"

Kuzco says, "And will do a Council meeting soon"

Kinaed nods at Venamelia.

Kinaed declaims to Kuzco, "Cool, thank you!"

Lissa sent the Seneschal a proposal...

Sparkles states, "I've been trying to find ways to RP with more folks but sometimes I'm not quite reaching the mark. But kudos to everyone who came by to join the little RL Christmas party that seemed to crop up."

Kinaed states, "There's a subtle reminder... hehe."

Brando states, "I achieved excellent onlibe level and a high level of RP .. my week of RP was awesome as I achieved many benchmark levels with my main . my week in RL was normal except for the rotten smoke taht has blown in from teh bushfires but I am quite safe ok."

Kinaed smiles at Sparkles.

Kinaed comforts Brando.

Kinaed says to Brando, "I forgot you're an Aussie too. We should chatter sometime."

Brando states, "Indeed... hit me up on discord ok."

Lissa states, "Stay safe both of you Aussies."

Kinaed nods at Lissa.

Kinaed says, "We're being watchful and alert, I assure you."

Lissa nods.

Kuzco states, "Kinaed's good chat and Brando has more energy than the sun"

Kitty claims, "Ooooooh."

Kinaed says, "Anyone have anything else to add for their Heartbeat? If not, we've got a few player topics - we can start with Brando."

Brando laughs andhis smile glows like the sun. D

Kuzco says, "I had a good if slow week, looking forward to people bringing me problems, complaints or requests"

Brando wonders, "Ok. My issue is with embellishing items. My main character went and paid for two items. a small amount of gold elaf and a highly precious gemstone, so they could embillesh some swords that he is constructing for another players character. I made the swords ... all good. I tooled the swords without finishing them ... all good. Then i tried to embellish them and that DID NOT WORK. So i finished tooling one sword and then retried embellishing ... that DID NOT WORK. So i untooled it for cots of 1 silver and took a screengrab of what occured. This is a circular issue .. either make it one or the other not both please. This has forced my hand in RP to dely delivery of those items and i am not a happy camper with that as my character has now disappointed another character who is a noble and I have had to RP what I consider to be a bullcrap argument saying that an NPC screwed up a mail delivery etc. because if the code had worked i wouldn't be in this situation. Where do I go from here? Do I bug board it? Or shall I share the screengrab picture with a staff member via discord?"

Satoshi claims, "That sounds like a bug board, buddy"

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Temi states, "I don't think I'm quite following"

Satoshi says, "Whenever weird stuff happens make a bug board, slap the log or a link to the log in, with as much info as you can"

Kitty claims, "You could also just explain to the player that there were technical, non-IC issues."

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, if you could bug the issue with a log of it happening, we can resolve it."

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Jiraiya eats a slice of spit-roasted cake with layers of tree-like rings.

Kitty claims, "If it's not an IC thing, you can let the other player know it's not an IC thing."

Temi queries, "You can't embellish with the gold leaf and gem?"

Brando asks, "I only have the screengrab as proof. how do i share that via the bugboard please?"

Kinaed says, "In general, if something isn't working the way it should, please take logs and open a bug request on the Bug Board. "

Azarial claims, "You can paste those into the discord for me"

Kinaed states, "Well, you can recreate the log by trying again, or you can post the image online using an image service, then put a link to it in your bug report."

Kinaed states, "Or paste it into Discord for Az :)"

Brando claims, "No.. could not embelllish the sword with gold leaf .. then i stopped.. finishes that sword and tired again and it said nope."

Temi says, "A copy paste of the bug is best, but Az can use the screen grab, yeah."

Satoshi questions, "It could be the sword is not embellishable? some items just arent"

Temi says, "It's possible the gold leaf or sword didn't have the correct flag to allow it, yeah."

Kinaed claims, "In the meantime, if it's an urgent issue, you can also write a Request Board saying "I have a bug board open because of this issue, can a staff member help me create the sword in the meantime?" We'd be glad to help."

Brando says, "Ok i will PM Az on discord and share the screengrab there as discord has picture upload service."

Satoshi claims, "You can tell by appraising the object if it can be embellished kr kf its toolable"

Kinaed states to Brando, "Thanks :)"

Satoshi coughs out those extra k's

Temi nods at Satoshi.

Brando claims, "The iron sword said it could be embellished when i apprised it before i tooled it or embellished it"

Metzuzelah is idle.

Kinaed nods at Brando.

Kinaed states to Brando, "In the meantime, also raise a Request Board and we'll assist so you don't have to wait for Az to get to the bottom of it."

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, next on our list..."

Kinaed muses to Lissa, "Would you care to introduce us to your topic? :)"

Lissa queries, "Okay! First. I would like to ask about sharing QP costs with another player or selling QP. I had an idea that Lissa could use her QP to buy pets and then sell the pets to others. The fee for these would be per QP she spent. This would keep rare animals rare as when the QP ran out that would be it till more could be earned. Is this okay? Also, what do people think of sharing QP of this kind of thing? Like for example I have 10 QP I can share for a fee to someone wanting a rare pet. Is this okay or should it just be one person using thier QP?"

Brando claims, "Will do Kinaed and thanks to you and staff ok. Cheers. :)"

Lissa claims, "I also have an interest check after this is discussed."

Sparkles claims, "Once you get the pet you can give it to someone else IC by transfering ownership, in theory. Assuming that's not against policy for something purchased with QP."

Kinaed says, "QP generally are not transferrable, but the things that people purchase for QP are. Sometimes, in the past, we have allowed people to pool QP... but QP are kinda special as those things go."

Kitty states, "There is a way to turn QP into IG silver, already. Maybe you should go with those prices? Although, they're relatively small. But, I don't think it should go the other way."

Temi nods at Sparkles.

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Temi says, "Yeah, that's fine. Once it's yours, it's yours IC"

Kinaed says, "Yeah, HELP IMPROVE"

Satoshi says, "You can also just RP with the person and have THEM put in the QP request, too and act like they bkught it from you"

Brando claims, "I think taht using QP to aquire a rare custom pet for sale is cool..i think pooling QP between players would also be great , so taht one can order a specific pet."

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Lissa says, "My concern is trying to figure out how to make IC silver from rare pets without going over the top with things."

Lissa queries, "So buying an animal with my qp then selling the pet is okay then?"

Satoshi says, "Since they're not a breedable thing maybe just charge a "procurer" fee for getting the animal"

Kitty states, "The struggle you are going to come across is that people can always just use their own QP to purchase things, and not pay you silver at all. So, you are going to have to create a balance. However, since QP are, in my opinion, OOC and silver is IC, I'm not sure how to cross that line"

Kitty says, "But, yes, in the last meeting, I think the way we suggested was buying them with your QP and then selling them, rather than breeding them."

Lissa says, "I see what you are saying there Kitty. Hmm."

Kuzco nods.

Kinaed says, "Looks like 1 QP is worth about 25 silver, albeit players can only purchase silver in chargen. I'd say you can set a price you want in return for what you're spending."

Metzuzelah wonders, "A seller can *purchase* an exotic pet using QP, play it off as talknig to brreders /connections to procure said pet and then sell it to the one who requested it at ap rice they deem appropriate?"

Kinaed nods at Metzuzelah.

Satoshi says, "Some people might not buy an animal with QP but might buy it with silver, too. lkke i wouldnt get a hkrse wkth QP but i might pay more than QP's cost in silver to get one"

Kitty states, "If people will pay it and won't just use their own QP instead, yeah."

Satoshi apologizes for typos.

Sparkles states, "That said, I do have an RP idea about exotic pets so I can reach out ICly about ideas."

Kinaed states, "QP is an OOC currency, so really shouldn't be traded ICly."

Brando muses, "Price of QP to aquire teh pet which is a base minimum cost fo 20 QP ] PLUS a profit margin in percent of teh original cost at some reasonable fiar r unfiar.. u may play a rotten rich merchant for example. who extorts people for money by having unreasonabel luxury level prices. nobles can afford it eh? lol"

Satoshi says, "I woukd suggest pricing the silver based off of a value though"

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Lissa muses, "So 25 silver per qp?"

Satoshi says, "Look at IC cost for animals at Npc stores and adjust with those as an example"

Kinaed claims, "Brando's suggestion implies about 450 silver for a 20 QP pet, which seems pretty reasonable to me."

Brando claims, "24 silver to be exact"

Kitty claims, "Yeah, it's 24. You can get 240 silver with 10 QP."

Azarial says, "Which would reflect paying someone esle to string up your rare pet"

Kinaed nods at Brando.

Kinaed states, "I rounded."

Brando claims, "Then say a 100-1000 percent mark up due to being a rare import."

Lissa queries, "Okay, I think that helped me. Thank you. My next thing now?"

Temi states, "Yeah, QP enables you to pursue additional avenues of RP you may not be able to otherwise. And if making extra money and being able to sell a rare animal would be fun RP for you, you can certainly do that. And you can charge as much as you want for the privilege."

Temi nods.

Lissa asks, "I would like to do an interest check for an event I want to try running. It would be a ladies event at the Columbina Cafe. There would be sweets, coffee and tea and any women of any class in the city can attend and get to know thier fellow ladies. We can all gather round, gossip and talk about our plans for the upcoming IC year. I have an advertisement written in word that i just need to put up IC. This would take place after the OOC chat on the 4th, my schedule allowing. Would anyone be interested in attending this?"

Kinaed claims to Lissa, "We usually let players do one topic per OOC Chat, then swing around again if we have time left for 2nd topics."

Satoshi says, "Like a horse can be 10 gold for a great one, a zebra probably costs more "

Kitty claims, "I... think you should check for interest ICly."

Lissa says OOCly, "Oh. Sorry."

Kinaed claims, "That sounds like a fabulous IC Event :)"

Kinaed says OOCly, "No worries. :)"

Satoshi says, "Sounds like a good event, talk to the bardssas"

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Lissa states, "I'll check IC then."

Satoshi states, "I can churn out more tubori food for the cafe x3"

Kinaed smiles.

Lissa exclaims, "And yes. The bards!"

Venamelia says, "I would be interested, aye."

Kinaed says, "I enjoy a good Coffe Clatch - no idea what one would call it in Lithmore though."

Kinaed nods sagely.

Kinaed queries to Satoshi, "You're up for your topic. Care to introduce us?"

Satoshi claims, "Small topic here, and Az should have been informed already, and given logs, but: safe attacks and normal attacks do not break stealth or hide at all. Nor charges. I can see something like someone popping out of hiding to attack and the game rolling to see if you stay hidden in combat, which could be neat, but it doesn't appear to be the case--I can just attack at will while hidden and that's VERY OP since the other person can't attack back. I suggest perhaps adding a difficult hide roll per attack to break hide and that charging/attacking breaks sneak entirely. "

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Kinaed claims, "I think we've got that on the bug board."

Metzuzelah claims, "Very batman."

Kinaed claims, "I'll check."

Satoshi states, "Yeah but the suggestion is new"

Satoshi says, "I think rolling a difficult check to STAY hidden a round would be neat"

Kinaed starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Azarial says, "Attacking should be breaking it regardless"

Metzuzelah nods.

Venamelia states, "Stealth attacks... it sounds like magic. We need the knights."

Satoshi says, "Crappy hiders wont be able to manage it but a master of mosdirection might manage a round ir two"

Temi claims, "Maybe ranged attacks."

Satoshi claims, "That would be awesome temi"

Brando nods at satoshi saying cool idea ..nasty exploit that is a bug ... very concerned over that and I love your work around solution to that problem. :)
Azarial nods at Temi.

Temi claims, "But I think managing an attack where you actually hit someone and remaining hidden would be too high fantasy for our theme and our level of hide"

Kinaed finishes her note.

Kinaed says, "Doesn't look like anyone has reported that as a bug, so I've written one."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Satoshi says, "Fair! a suggestion nonetheless. also i think the log was given to az over discord"

Kinaed states to Temi, "Absolutely out of theme, yep."

Kuzco states, "I reported it already, over Discord, to Az"

Satoshi claims, "I can re-dig it up when i get home"

Kitty says, "You can't shoot your bow from an adjacent room, you have to be there in the room with them, so... yeah, even shooting the bow should reveal, etc."

Temi claims, "Though yeah, ranged, maybe"

Kinaed claims to Satoshi, "Needs to be a bug board post, even if you do pass an image via discord - the bug board is the work queue."

Azarial claims, "It was sent via discord; i've just not gotten to it yet."

Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.

Satoshi states, "If you dont know where the arrow comes from tho"

Satoshi says, "I think it should roll per turn tho"

Venamelia states, "Maybe the type of ranged weapon affects the chance? Could imagine a could a good throw of a knife in a crowd to be hard to detect."

Satoshi claims, "Because as i said otherwise they cant fight back, but 1-2 rounds of being hidden MIGHT gove you an edge"

Brando queries, "What about backstabbing with a bow from stealthyly hidden in room whilst hooded... in a crowd of hodoed people .. some who may alos be sporting bows?"

Kitty claims, "A throw of a knife in a crowd would also be hard to land in the correct person."

Temi states, "As a backstab feature could add something valuable to backstab skill."

Temi ponders.

Kinaed says, "Seems unbalanced to me in terms of our combat system design."

Satoshi says, "While not being TOO unfair to the attackee"

Venamelia claims, "Of course it would be."

Kinaed claims, "Backstab already does significant damage, as I recall."

Satoshi claims, "Also backstab is still a guildskill"

Temi nods at Kinaed.

ToffeeApples claims, "Wouldn't the knife handle, or arrow butt point back to where it came from and make it pretty obvbious"

Brando states, "True kitty..if one misses ..then one shoudl roll for luck and if fail rp play hitting somebody else with the thrown or fired item"

Kitty says, "But with our code system, it would always go toward the right person. I don't think that works."

Satoshi says, "Just as suggestion, im also cool with it just breaking it completely for balance"

Kinaed says, "I've written it up on the bug board, anyway. It'll get resolved now :)"

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, that covers our three registered Player Topics. Does anyone want to talk about anything else?"

Satoshi trails off, "But a sneaky person PROBABLY isnt built like a tank and if youre not a sneaky bhood member..."

Kinaed says to Satoshi, "When you're not a tank, the secret is to bring your friends. :)"

Azarial claims, "I'd like to motion for an eighth day in the week so as to have three-day weekends."

Kinaed claims, "Suppose it's not much of a secret. :)"

Metzuzelah claims, "People should run cool STs. *nodnod*"

Satoshi states, "Or poison but no one seemed to like my poison suggest on the forum"

Kinaed says to Azarial, "If only I actually had the power to make that happen."

Brando says, "Maybe sneak backstab attack and then run away aka flee and hide again asap."

Temi grins at Azarial.

Mibs says, "Hide is not fast."

Azarial claims, "Darn"

Kitty claims, "No, hide is not fast, at all."

Satoshi claims, "Anyways yeah i thought it was bunk that it didnt break"

Kuzco muses, "Has staff been able to look at coded limitations around coded portals?"

Kinaed says to Satoshi, "Honestly, I think I skimmed the suggestion and didn't decide one way or another. Niamh usually makes the staff review all forum ideas at least once every couple of months though."

Kinaed states to Kuzco, "Not as yet, nope."

Satoshi claims, "Also maybe dont hide just one room away then silly"

Kuzco nods.

Azarial has been busy adn worn down from RL

Brando states, "Yes hide is not fast but if you FLEE then you are out of the room your victim is in."

Kinaed states to Satoshi, "Thank you for reporting it, for sure."

Kuzco claims, "Of course, of course."

Satoshi nod nods

Sparkles states, "I have something quick if there's a moment."

Satoshi states, "Eventually ill finish testing eavesdrop when i get the horn, its just spensive"

Kinaed claims, "So, wow. 8:40 am here. We have 20 minutes, but have covered our full agenda."

Brando comforts Az.

Kinaed trails off, "What shall we do? I can wrap up early, we can talk about anything people want to..."

Kitty points at Sparkles, who has something.

Kinaed declares to Sparkles, "Did I miss you? Ooops, sorry!"

Kinaed states to Sparkles, "Please, go ahead and take the floor."

Brando states, "I ahve something else to add please. but i will go after everybody else."

Kinaed claims to Brando, "I'll add you after Sparkles."

Civetta sneezes loudly.

Sparkles muses, "It was brought up at a previous meeting I think I have no idea when but was there any thought about adding to one of the bathhouses or another appropriate location about a way to practice swimming indoors?"

Kuzco states, "I have a miki topic too come to think about it"

Kitty queries, "The hothouse has a swimming pool. That room doesn't have you swim?"

Temi claims, "Hm, I don't remember that one coming up before."

Kuzco says, "Mini"

Temi ponders.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Satoshi says, "Oh yeah other than the one pool outside theres not ankther"

Kinaed claims, "But happy to add it to Staff Talking points :)"

Satoshi states, "And the hothouse doesnt have a "swim" room"

Temi claims, "I think a swimming training room might require multiple rooms to move between."

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Kitty nods.

Sparkles says, "No as that pool is codedly a tub. You can't swim in it, but you can wash in it, please don't."

Satoshi claims, "Just a room with a poil"

Satoshi states, "I think thats a great idea tbh. turning the bathhouses into a water room"

Temi claims, "It would be a risk to people drowning"

say Yeah it might need to be a seperate part.

Sparkles states, "Yeah it might need to be a seperate part."

Azarial says, "Drowning is a valid ic death."

Kitty claims, "That's why I suggested the swimming pool that already exists."

Satoshi states, "Oh right heh"

Kinaed states, "I don't know that we want to turn bathhouses into that, but it would make sense for people to have a place to practice - albeit they can currently practice in ponds, rivers, and lakes."

Kitty says, "No new room writing, just an adjustment to code there."

Satoshi has a high swimming skill and forgets how it feels to drown

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Brando says, "U can clean those tubs .. i forget th code right now but there is code to clean them after u wash.. those tubs get filthy .. must check they aint dirty before u bathe or u might get sick :O"

Satoshi states, "That ine room by harmon tower tho"

Satoshi claims, "Even if ur at zero swim ur good"

Azarial claims, "The bren should be swimmable"

Satoshi states, "And your skill goes up being there"

Kinaed states, "Anyway, I take the suggestion and have put it on Staff Talking Points :) We'll discuss and decide what to do."

Metzuzelah chuckles

Venamelia says, "Help canoe says that once HP reaches 0, you would wake up at the hospital, nearly drowned. Is that untrue? Help Canoe is where help swim directs."

Kinaed muses to Brando, "Your next topic?"

Satoshi states, "OR ask your local tubori for swammin lessons"

Kinaed says, "I don't think swimming death kills you."

Satoshi states, "Be racist, you know you want to"

Kitty states, "You go to the hospital, yes. And as a gentle reminder, if you wake up nearly drowned, you aren't just going to be sitting there and chillin'."

Civetta claims, "Swimming lessons are good RP"

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Kinaed says, "It will kill NPCs and retainers you've brought along"

Kitty muses, "Way too many show up at the hospital soaking wet after drowning, and are like, "Hey, what's up?""

Satoshi claims, "I freaking love teaching RP pls come to me for lessons in stuff"

Brando asks, "I nearly drowned foraging for clay under the bridge outside the east gate. I ahd to eat food like all get out to not fully drown and i fillanly acended upwardws to safety .,. can we fix taht or is foraging for clay now permanantly dnagerous?"

Satoshi says, "Sounds like its working as normal"

ToffeeApples says, "Only if you don't mind white itch"

Niamh claims, "Yep, if you're foraging in water expect it to be water."

Satoshi states, "Low swim skill and heavy invt makes it hard to swim"

Niamh states, "White itch helps your dance moves."

Kinaed cough laughs.

Brando states, "Holy ( expletive deleted ) @ Kinaed :O i didnt know that."

Niamh grins.

Azarial claims, "Twerking, crabs...who knew."

Temi states, "Clay is intended to be primarily bought from the stores - the foraging is an extra rather than a main option."

Satoshi states, "I can forage about three rooms without drowning so i think ur swam skill is low and/pr you are carrying too much"

Niamh nods at Temi.

Metzuzelah says, "You mean i cant swim in full plate"

Metzuzelah states, "Gasps"

Azarial claims, "Oh you can--rocks swim very well."

Radiune states, "Not unless you're a mage. *cough*"

Brando states, "@ satoshi... iwas at a competent level of swim and yes i was overloaded ... that explains that then."

Kinaed asks of Brando, "So, on that note - did you have another topic for us?"

Satoshi states, "Yeah overburdened would do it"

Brando states, "At everybody ... swiming is dangerous unless one becomes proficient at it."

Brando says, "My main is having their 24th birthday party on teh 25th of Januarius ( whenever that is game time ) and everybody is invited to it and it will be held at the Columbine Cafe at that time. Please come and attend it as there will be free food and booze and bards playing etc. Can anybody direct me to code taht may help me track down when the 25th of januarius is in Real World time? Thanks. :)"

Temi states, "Converttime"

Kinaed claims, "Help timeconvert or converttime... one of the two."

Kinaed states, "Temi's so awesome."

Satoshi asks, "Oh my god thats a command??"

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Azarial claims, "I still need to extend that into Absurd Numbers (tm)"

Satoshi says, "Whaaaat "
Temi grins.

Brando states, "Cheers Kinaed. thanks very much . :)"

Satoshi is mindblown

Kinaed smiles at Brando.

Kitty states, "You can check OOC time for a specific IG date, and vice versa. Yes."

Radiune states, "Yep! I maaay have used it to chart out the future magebane times. Fun holiday."

Kinaed states to Satoshi, "It doesn't let you do absurd numbers, just things in the next few weeks or so"

Kinaed questions, "I *think* it might work for a year or two in advance, etc, but maybe not terribly accurately?"

Kinaed claims, "I don't remember."

Temi nods.

Kuzco states, "Not accurate at all long term"

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Azarial says, "Part of the accuracy is that time does not advance during server downtime."

Kuzco says, "I struggled a lot when writing my history book"

Temi says, "It is prone to getting off based on any downtime or slight change, yeah"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Azarial claims, "And there comes a point when the internal calculations cross Absurd Numbers, and I am still slowly working out how to get around that with a small O() so that it doens;t lag spike when checking times."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

ToffeeApples says, "I've used it a lot for preparing reports about events that happened in my logs from a day or two ago. Handy for that"

Kinaed nods at ToffeeApples.

Kuzco states, "Or just substract 4 per day"

Kinaed queries, "So, we have about seven minutes left. Any public service announcements? Reminders?"

Kuzco states, "I had something"

Kinaed says, "For example, please don't forget to Recommend your RP partners :)"

Kinaed claims to Kuzco, "Please raise your topic/reminder :)"

Metzuzelah says, "I'm thinknig of running a gritty, 'underground' ST filled with half starved feral people, and slavers. So if that's your thing pls encourage me. xD"

Kuzco says OOCly, "Ahem"

Radiune muses, "ST?"

Brando says, "My mains birthday is late in januarius and so since its januarius in game right now... it will be later this week.. i need to identify the 6hrs i need to eb online to cover that whole day. So those codes will be very usefull me since its only short term... on a final note.. i hope everybody had a merry xmass and has a happy new years day .. thank you all. :)"

Kinaed claims to Metzuzelah, "It sounds fun :) Please let us know if you need access to the ST training zone."

Radiune claims, "Oh, story."

Kuzco states, "I was saying"

Kinaed says to Radiune, "Yep, player-run story :)"

Satoshi says, "I always forget about the st training area "

Kinaed turns her attention to Kuzco.

Radiune muses, "That sounds cool. Is it going to be in the sewerssss?"

Satoshi claims, "I wanted to ask about it bht then i got busy"

Kinaed claims to Satoshi, "Write a request board, and we'll drop you there to check it out."

Satoshi looks to Kuzco expectantly.

Kuzco questions, "I want to ask about the possibility of a free, public livestock area for people who can't or won't buy livestock ropms in their phomes... unless one exists and I can't remember?"

Kuzco says OOCly, "*rooms"

Niamh claims, "Still exists. Alms house."

Kinaed says, "I don't know of one personally, adding it to Staff Talking Points."

Kuzco claims, "Okay, thanks"

Kinaed says, "Then again, it exists, so nevermind :)"

Kuzco says, "Answered. Thank you."

Sparkles claims, "There's some other ones too."

Satoshi asks, "Oh maybe a sign up that its free?"

Lissa wonders, "Is it in southside?"

Kinaed wonders, "Anything else on anyone's mind?"

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Niamh says, "You just walk in. It's not hidden."

Satoshi claims, "Huh who knew"

ToffeeApples pontificates, "I have a minor one!"

Kinaed makes a note of Satoshi's suggestion.

Niamh states, "And the animals are in the room."

Radiune states, "Speaking of which, the sewers are pretty damn cool if I do say so myself - I'd highly recommend everyone who gets the opportunity to play a character who'd want to go and look does so - lots of neat places. And sewage. Lots of sewage."

Kinaed says to ToffeeApples, "Please tell us :)"

Mibs says, "Southside Almshouse doesn't have any farm rooms, that I know of. Saint Celeste's does."

Lissa states, "Okay. Just checking."

ToffeeApples states, "I remembered when Niamh mentioned help joust at the beginning. Can that file include some information about what skills are used? Is riding and/or polearms and/or block applicable etc."

Kinaed takes notes of ToffeeApples's request.

Brando claims, "Have to read the help file.. that is all explained there"

Brando claims, "You must first purchase a jousting weapons and therefor i assume polerams are out."

Kinaed states, "Okay, with two minutes to go - please remember to vote for TI, and please consider writing a review on Reddit or TMC to help us attract new players to expand the game and make it feel more alive."

Brando states, "Otherwise its teh same as combat.. except you either win or have to flee."

Kinaed declaims, "Thank you all for coming today. :) We look forward to seeing everyone next week!"

• Information