Log of OOC Meeting - 12/14/2018

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Dreams
Discord Handle: dreams2410

Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:57 pm

Kinaed says, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Kinaed says, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon."

[RPXP Gain: none] [HP:perfect MV:worked P:walk] (cloaked)(B&G)
You will no longer see prompts.

Brando says, "Yes please."

Kinaed claims to Brando, "Got you."

Kinaed questions, "Anyone else want to register a topic?"

Kinaed claims, "I'll take the silence for no, and if you think of something as the meeting progresses, please just send me a tell."

Kinaed trails off, "To kick off Staff Updates..."

Kinaed says, "Last week I did a lot of admin-y things and investigated a policy concern about a PK. I've clarified HELP VALIDATION as a result of the ensuing discussion - for clarity, we are looking that there is substantial RP available, but as per the changes made a few years back, we do NOT require the character who died to have the full picture or to RP directly with their killer (as in the case of a hired killer). What we do require is that there is a motive and substantial enough RP that the average person would go "Yep, that happened ICly and it's something that would be reasonable to get killed over""

Kinaed states, "This week, I still have Turf Wars on my desk, and oh, I think we had a staff meeting last week also. We're aiming to do the same today if possible."

Kinaed states, "That's it for me."

Kinaed states to Azarial, "You're up :)"

Azarial says, "I've survived the week."

Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.

ToffeeApples anticipates Erika's first update!

Kelzik queries, "So basically if we want to PK someone there needs to be actual validation, motive etc etc? We can't just be a serial killer or can we?"

Kinaed claims, "I've asked Azarial to focus on that specification on the bugs board about automating GL turnover where possible."

Venamelia asks, "Think it is more of telling a story, rather than just "That kill happened, whatever", yes?"

Kinaed says to Kelzik, "We do allow serial killers, but only by application. Applications are only approved when staff view that the pbase is in an emotional state where it's okay and not bad for the game and the pbase."

Kinaed nods at Venamelia.

Kinaed trails off to Venamelia, "If the reason for the murder would fly in a book that you read, it will probably be approved by staff. An example ..."

Brando claims, "Dont forget to telegraph your intent and have cnotes on the people you are hunting."

Kinaed claims, "A few years back my alt was killed because a player that was in trouble with the Brotherhood needed to say someone was guilty of betraying them (as opposed to themselves) and they knew my character's name. So they said she was the betrayer (instead of themselves). She got ganked."

Azarial chuckles softly, one ear fluttering briefly.

Kinaed says, "Anyway, we ideally want players to be satisfied with their deaths, but the reality is that's rarely the case."

Tasker has lost link.

Sparkles says, "So the char who did the killing was in the clear because they got their motivation for someone else, the other person's motive being 'needing a patsy.'"

Tasker has reconnected.

Kinaed says, "So instead of focusing on the player who died being happy that they died, we're focusing on it making sense for the story and having a robust RP reasing behind."

Kitty states, "It's hard to be satisfied with deaths. Especially when they are... super fast. They're emotional."

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Kinaed questions, "They are extremely emotional, and I've met people who were happy with their deaths, but honestly... it's like 2 in 10?"

Kitty claims, "I mean, the RPXP bonuses are nice, but... it doesn't bring back the IC connections lost, RP partners lost, etc."

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Temi nods.

Venamelia states, "Yeah, is generally difficult. A good death has substantial direct rp behind it. But plotting and treason, a lot of it is often indirect."

Temi finishes abruptly, "There's times you get killed when you're ready for the character to go - and sometimes you make it obvious it's time"

Temi says, "But a lot of times, it sneaks up on you.."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

ToffeeApples says, "I am premtively going to very upse with whoever offs me"

Temi states, "And those are often the more impactful ones that drive RP, even if it hurts."

Kitty claims, "Oh, when mine went, I was not ready."

Kinaed comforts ToffeeApples.

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Tasker sharpens knife at ToffeeApples

Brando says, "I was quite alright and ok with my last mains death. I knew I had played my best and they had played better and so i wasn't offended or surpirsed or angry. lol."

Kinaed says, "I think one thing we see a lot of is 'they didn't RP with me!' because people who get into death situations might not see code as RP. Staff do see IC code as RP, so if a person is crafting in a room... they're crafting in a room. If a person attempts to flee, they're ICly fleeing, for example - and that makes up a component of RP."

Kinaed claims, "Anyway, just having a bit of a chat to let people know where staff are at with these things and make certain expectations are clear."

Brando claims, "Yes indeed it does in my books Kinaed."

Venamelia states, "They are actions afterall."

Kinaed nods at Brando.

Kinaed says to Temi, "I think it's your turn. :)"

Tasker says, "It's not about playing better though, OOC'ly, it's not a competition. It's about telling a story, I always find it hard to accept people getting offed unless it was absolute necessary to drive the story and theme forward. I wish people would find more creative ways to get at people than just whacking them, it's easy to whack people, but to make a really good story about it that continues is difficult."

Kinaed nods at Tasker.

Kinaed states to Tasker, "Those are good points."

Kinaed says to Tasker, "That being said, there are definitely reasons people will choose a PK in a story setting."

Temi states, "It's a crazy time of year for work and personal stuff, so progress has not been at its highest, but been working on some plots and things. I've got some plots pending that I need to track down the right people for, so they aren't forgotten, but are taking longer than standard SLA, so my apologies on that."

Kinaed turns her attention politely to Temi.

ToffeeApples puts Tasker on his saddle and trots around so that everyone can hear her excellent point better

Temi states, "So, that's about all. I think I'll be gone next week for the most part."

Truth is idle.

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed claims, "It is that time of year! I hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas. "

Brando claims, "Me too. :)"

Kinaed muses, "Anyway, that's enough from Staff. It's now time to go into our Player Heartbeat. How has the game been for everyone this week, folks?"

Kelzik states, "As a new player I'm enjoying it. Trying to learn the syntax and create a IC plot as of current. "

Kinaed claims to Kelzik, "Nice. If you need assistance with that, you can ask a staff member."

ToffeeApples queries, "Did I miss Erika's update?"

Kinaed says, "Oops... I, um, apparently forgot Erika's update."

Erika comforts Kinaed.

Kitty has been doing fine RP-wise! For... adding to the peanut gallery.

ToffeeApples hurls tomatos at Kinaed

Kinaed asks of Erika, "I'm sorry. Want to update us really quick?"

Kinaed smiles at Kitty.

Kinaed declaims, "(Erika is new staff. I hired her last week and forgot to mention it in my update!)"

Civetta claims, "We'll be gentle."

Kinaed is hit by tomatos.

Kitty peers at the new staff warily.

Civetta claims, "Not with the tomatos though"

Kinaed eats the tomatos off her hide.

Tasker states, "Erika, Kinaed said I could have an AK47. You don't need to ask her though, it's fine."

Erika states, "It's really just a half update really. Well, hi everyone! I've been busy learning the inns and outs for staffing within TI, so you didn't hear me doing a lot most likely! I live in Europe and try to be on often so I can help people out as much as I can! I think that's all, really."

Kinaed smiles at Erika.

Kinaed burps.

Kinaed claims to Tasker, "Lies."

Kinaed claims to Erika, "Thanks, and welcome aboard. We're appreciating your help already."

Kitty thinks Kinaed just ate Tasker. This is a fun prospect...

Mibs queries, "Can I have a set of guard crocodiles?"

Kinaed claims to Mibs, "No."

Tasker muffled screeching

Mibs says, "Aw."

Kitty states, "Wude."

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "Okay, so back to Player Heartbeat now that we've captured everyone's imagination - how was TI last week/"

Kinaed muses, "?"

Brando claims, "I had a huge week where I achieved excellent online and excellent RP hrs with my main and I also achieved 1000hrs played and 450hrs of that was RP with that character. I impressed myself, and hopefully others too. Dont forget to recommend ok. :)"

Tasker states, "It seems a lot of stories and what not are finally bearing fruit this week, which is good to see. "

Kinaed cheers heartily.

Temi grins at Brando.

Kinaed claims to Tasker, "Awesome to hear :)"

Sparkles states, "I had some interesting scenes, thanks to everyone who came by the Magebane party."

Temi claims, "Nice"
Kinaed grins at Sparkles.

Venamelia states, "I had a looot of fun. Vena gets along really well with one char and has fully established in personality and who she is now. The magebane and mage activity(5 instances of it) have made for fantastic storytelling and leaves me feeling in anticipation for what is to come next. Other char of mine is depressed, but I will drag her out of that very soon."

Kinaed claims to Sparkles, "Sweet."

Kinaed says to Venamelia, "So glad to hear that."

Kelzik queries, "Are we allowed to have multiple characters on this server?"

Tasker states, "Yop"
Kinaed nods at Kelzik.

Kinaed claims, "HELP MULTIPLAY, HELP CROSSOVER are the two files to be aware of."

Kelzik states, "Checking them out now. Ty."

Kinaed states, "They basically set out the limits."

Temi states, "There's limitations around it, but allowed, yep."

ToffeeApples claims, "Not been as active as normal, but also more than I expected as I'm out of town. Will be back at my main PC in a couple days. Got to enjoy some good RP though"

Kinaed nods at ToffeeApples.

Kinaed wonders, "Anything about the game shitting anyone that they want staff to know about?"

Venamelia queries, "For the help multiplay, I had a question. Are Manus a guild/faction or does it refer to mages in general?"

Tasker says, "I just split my bloody trousers sitting down too vigorously "

Kinaed claims to Venamelia, "They used to be a faction, but they're no longer open."

Kinaed comforts Tasker.

Kitty claims, "It *used* to be a guild, but isn't around anymore."

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Temi claims, "If they were to become a guild again, same rules would apply though.."

Kinaed states, "We attempted to launch it several times, but it doesn't really work well for several reasons that we keep solving for and failing."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Tasker sobs

Kinaed comforts Tasker.

Truth is no longer idle.
Truth has returned from AFK.

Mibs says, "Lack of guard crocodiles."

Brando questions, "I have a few things that upset me. Like how does one craft balls of string? and can we get tailoring to make scraps of cloth from clothes imilar to bind skill for making bandages but not] ?"

Tasker states, "Learn magic"

Kinaed claims to Mibs, "You know, you may have a point. I recommend taming some of the ones in the sewers through RPA."

Venamelia says, "Just making sure as I have a mage in chargen that I have put off for now.(Just need to fill out text, everything else is set) and since Vena is currently seeking to be a knight, I just want to make sure there won't be issues, even if I will generally diligently try to keep these character far apart from one another."

Temi says, "Salvage is a command"

Kinaed claims to Brando, "Interesting questions. Honestly, I don't know, I'd have to let Temi answer that. I designed the craft system, but didn't implement any of the crafts. :)"

Brando questions, "I have a few things that upset me. Like how does one craft balls of string? and can we get tailoring to make scraps of cloth from clothes ( similar to bind skill for making bandages but not ) ? ( fixed typo )"

Kinaed states to Brando, "In terms of can we... I can add it to the staff list of things to discuss adding."

Temi says, "And not every item can be crafted. It's expected. That's one of the base items at this point."

Kinaed states to Brando, "I've copied that down and will put it into Staff Talking points."

Temi states, "But yeah, salvage for getting stuff back from clothes."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Tasker says, "It's difficult, Venamelia, but certainly possible. So long as you're clear with yourself where the crossover lines are then you're good."

Kinaed states, "Usually base objects for crafting can be purchased, found, or are otherwise produced somewhere in-game. It may be worthwhile ICly asking around."

Kinaed states, "Merchants usually have a great understanding of where to get stuff."

Brando says, "Oh I didn't know about teh salvage command. Thank you. That should work. As for balls of string and possibly even thread .. please contemplate adding them both to the tailoring skillset ok."

Erika muses, "I imagine it'd be a bit of a problem if you have a Knight and a Mage, learning info from one side to save the other is for many a problem. Survival instincts, I think it was called?"

Kinaed says, "Also, if you're multiplaying and aren't sure if something is crossover, it's a good idea to ask staff. Sometimes we also approve cross-overs if asked in advance and there's a material reason to allow it - for example, Alt A and Alt B both going to a Market Event might be approved."

Kitty says, "I don't see why they should have to make thread - it makes sense that some materials would need to be purchased. Thread is one of them."

ToffeeApples claims, "Right now, only thing bugging me is lack of jousting help file. (Which I did just put a pboard note in for) That and everything about TASKER"

Kinaed smiles at ToffeeApples.

Kinaed claims to ToffeeApples, "Thanks for letting us know. Adding that to my list."

Tasker says, ":("

Kinaed jots down 'everything about Tasker' to fix, blinks, then crosses it out and writes 'lack of jousting help file in its place'.

Tasker flips a round, ripe navel orange, arcing it gracefully towards ToffeeApples.

Flipping end over end, a round, ripe navel orange sails towards ToffeeApples.

ToffeeApples catches a round, ripe navel orange, snatching it from the air.

Kitty <3 Tasker...

ToffeeApples claims, "Someone sent me a help file that was probably meant for someone else"

Kinaed states to Tasker, "Just teasing, friend. :)"

Venamelia states, "@Tasker I will generally try to keep them in different social circles. And if a hunt starts on the other I think I will oocly inform the others and distance myself from it as a whole. I would like to think I got enough experience roleplaying to not fall into these survival instincts, Erika."

Brando states, "Could make thread from scraps of cloth by taking it totally appart ... say with the needle for help. then thread can be used to make balls of twine by rubbing the threads between ones palms etc. you could scale that up to rope making."

Kinaed questions, "Okay, anyone else want to say anything for our Player Heartbeat part of the agenda? If not, I've got two registered topics :)"

Kitty says, "It depends, since Knights are given the warrants for the mages, Tasker's right. It can be hard to keep separate."

Truth declaims, "I like RPing!"

Truth states, "That is all."

Kinaed smiles.

Tasker states, "Rp is for nerds"

They aren't here.

Kinaed wonders to Brando, "You're first on my list. Would you mind introducing us to your topic?"

Kitty says, "I didn't say making thread couldn't be done, I'm saying it probably shouldn't be done. Not every single thing needs to be crafted... some things for purchase make sense. That's my opinion, though."

ToffeeApples claims, "I want a mage, but I'm too worried about the crossover issues that I've seen other players navigate successfully. I'd rather just not worry about it, and maybe make a mage with my main passes on"

Brando questions, "Ok I had the same issue with the same safe I created as the last time. I opened it with the key and it said I had commited a crime and that Admin would be notified. I thought this was fixed? Shall I bug board it again?"

Kinaed says to Brando, "It's on the board awaiting a fix, it hasn't been fixed yet. I wouldn't bug it again."

Kinaed states to Brando, "When it's fixed, it will disappear from the bug board and a note will go into the changes (HELP DEC2019, for example) and you should see that."

Brando states, "Ok thanks. I shall just ignore the warnings."

Kinaed nods at Brando.

Sparkles says, "Or go to a room your character "owns" to check the safe."

Kinaed queries to Brando, "That was your Topic? :)"

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Tasker claims, "That reminds me... there is a desk in the Knights office of town hall that alerts staff about theft. It's been like that for a year, may have forgotten to submit that."

Brando claims, "Yes .. and it is a room i own.. its just outside."

Sparkles states, "You might want to check if you are flagged right as the owner then."

Kinaed is not familiar with the desk. jots a note to follow up*

ToffeeApples says, "Tasker, that sort of negiligence is just the kind of thing I was talking about"

Sparkles states, "No stealing booze from Vlora's desk."

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, let's see. Next on my list..."

Tasker claims, "It's not my fault I got addled by years worth of concussions "

Brando says, "I should be ..i inherited the house from my former partner when they died."

Kinaed queries to Sparkles, "You had a topic?"

Kinaed states to Brando, "I'll have that checked."

Brando claims, "Cheers Kinaed. :)"

Kinaed smiles at Brando.

Kinaed starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Sparkles states, "I'd like to make a PSA about checking/answering pboards. Sometimes folks are trying to make decisions about IRL schedules and things to plan around stuff. So ... if you have limited time but can beep on even a short note can solve a lot of stress for someone else."

Mibs says, "Oh. I should do that more."

Kinaed finishes her note.

ToffeeApples muses, "What's the commad to make pboard posts alert you again? (if you toggled it off?)"

Helpfile for Autoboard

Class: Command
Syntax: autoboard

The autoboard setting toggles whether or not you will see the status of
bulletin boards in your score.

For a listing of all autostatuses, type AUTOLIST.

See also: AUTOASSIST, AUTOGOLD, AUTOLOOT, AUTOEXIT, AUTOSCAN, AUTOVOTE, AUTOWARNING

(Subject area: general Last modified: Wed Sep 2 00:09:46 2015)

=================================================
Multiple instances of that helpfile exist. See also:
general Autoexit commands Autofailsafe general Autolist
commands Automatch commands Autotax commands Autovote
commands Autowarning commands autoliq

ToffeeApples claims, "That might be helpful to check if you want to be more alert about pboards"

Toggle Status
-------------------------------------------------
Screen_reader compatibility OFF
Colour ON
Autoexit ON
Autovote ON
Automove ON
Autowarning ON
Autofailsafe ON
Automatch ON
Compact mode OFF
Brief mode OFF
Brief mood toggle OFF
Posted note alerts ON
Liquidation announcements OFF
Prompt OFF
Auto tax payment ON
Auto protection ON
Swim while traveling OFF
See air exits ON
Fly while traveling OFF
Use Secrets while traveling OFF
Pvents ON
Travel to indoor locations while mounted ON
Display boards in score ON
Disable @c in notes OFF
Disable tells in the editor OFF

Whocap : 0
Nospoof: Rh715

Temi states, "It's on autolist at least"

Kinaed states, "Type autolist to see all of your configuration settings."

Temi says, "Autonote it looks like"

Mibs states, "I generally read them, I just need to remember to respond more often."

Kinaed smiles.

ToffeeApples declaims, "That's it!"

Sparkles asks, "Which speaking of that, I've always wondered, why does Whois for some people show the "Last on" info but for some people it doesn't?"

Kinaed nods at Mibs.

Kinaed says to Sparkles, "Odd, I have no idea."

Kitty states, "You can see all of them with autolist, and the one for pboards is autonote, which seems to be missing from autolist, unless I'm blind. Which is entirely possible."

Kinaed says, "Do we know someone who doesn't see it? It may be that it doesn't show under certain circumstances as opposed to be specfic to a person."

Kinaed declares to Kitty, "Well, that's embarrassing. Please bug that? Thanks!"

Temi claims to Kitty, "I see it there."

ToffeeApples states, "It shows up as Posted note alerts"

Kitty says, "Ahh! That is it, then."

Sparkles claims, "I'll check my logs to see if I can find an example and Bug note it, if that helps/"

Kinaed says, "We may want to align that to the command."

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Kitty says, "It's hard to see what you would type for some commands, yes."

Kinaed says to Sparkles, "Thank you"

Kinaed queries, "Well, that's all of our registered topics, and we discussed Staff Updates and Player Heartbeat. Throwing it back to everyone, what would you like to talk about for the next 20-odd minutes?"

Kinaed states, "I have a query that I'm sort of turning around in my mind, but not sure where I'm at with it"

ToffeeApples states, "Davite Apologetics"

Sparkles asks, "What's the query?"

Brando states, "Go ahead please Kinaed."

Civetta is idle.

Kelzik muses, "Is it safe to log off here?"

Kinaed states, "Well, right now staff do not give out OOC information in pretty much any circumstance. For example, Character X died because of Y."

Kinaed nods at Kelzik.

Kinaed says, "Sure, you'd just go down when you get back"

Temi claims, "Better if we return you if you have to go though, so you'll get your port back"

Temi states, "Just let us know, but it doesn't hurt anything generally, either way"

Kelzik says, "Yeah if you can just teleport me back. I'll be back on in probably a few hours. "

Kinaed states, "In some circumstances, it would greatly help if staff could explain 'what's really going on'. PKills, for example - someone's making a complaint, but you can't really talk frankly if you're hiding who did it and why... but equally we have a conditioned fear that if we tell someone, then the PKed party will just go tell the whole pbase what happened."

Kelzik has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Sparkles says, "The difficulty is without information, people can tend to come to their own conclusions and theories that might be equally if not more damnable."

Kinaed says, "Anyway, we're very tight lipped, and ultimately it means that players frequently distrust us when they don't have the full version, but we're tight lipped for very good reason."

Kinaed claims, "So, eh, just thinking on that lately."

Temi nods at Sparkles.

Venamelia claims, "After calming down, would it not be possible for a person to personal message the one having done the PK to ask? Assuming it is done with an open mind and not too much... uhm... wound, to catch salt with."

Truth states, "That sounds bad."

Sparkles states, "I don't think OOCly reaching out to the other player is the way to go there."

Kinaed says, "Well, I think I came across a game where they give like a 12 month moratorium, then say 'come talk to us then'"

Kinaed claims to Sparkles, "The players reach out to staff OOCly seeking some sort of clarification or emotional support, which we cannot provide."

ToffeeApples says, "I think that sounds like a judgement call, based on how you expect the player to handle it based on their past performance, but at the same time, I understand why you wouldn't want different policies for different players"

Kinaed says to Sparkles, "Staff never reach out to players OOCly."
Sparkles nods at Kinaed.

Kitty trails off, "My PK isn't being cleared up until now, and it was back at the first of August. But then... I don't talk to a lot of people, so..."

Temi says, "Problem is us keeping track of that that long."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Truth states, "I'm personally for the way it is now. As someone who has had a few characters go before I'd have liked them to. I don't need to know everything, and if something fishy happens, staff usually caches it. If this is an optional thing, I think consent of both parties is essential. And I think everyone involved in the PK needs to be asked for consent too."

Kinaed says, "Me in particularly. I'm pretty much out of sight, out of mind. :)"

Mibs claims, "Just to be clear, if a mage starts taking out knights, or vice versa, that's not treated the same way as like playing a serial killer, right? Those two groups are already killing eachother generally."

Kinaed nods at Truth.

Brando states, "Maybe make it an option. I am totally fine with most of my OOC information if it makes it easier to communicate why I did what I do with my characters. Others may like the current anonimity. If it is made a choice then staff can act accordingly to players wishes."

Erika states, "Waiting for a period and giving people the chance to know after, when it wouldn't matter or have as much of a consequence anymore wouldn't be a bad idea."

Kinaed claims to Mibs, "We require a level of RP between parties more than just "I'm a mage, you're a knight, die'"

ToffeeApples states, "@Truth, as a counter argument. If your character that you've invested so much in developing the story for dies off and you don't have a full picture as to why.. that can be like reading a looong book and missing the 2nd to last chapter"

Temi states, "But 'you're a knight and are trying to arrest me...' is certainly fine."

Sparkles queries, "I think the difficulty might stem around the change or the idea that the player has to get a scope for why something is happening. Which can lead to a feeling there is no reasoning. Which does make me wonder ... why was that originally changed? And has it generally improved things?"

Kinaed claims, "Probably not much more though."

Kinaed states, "Basically, gotta meet a familiarity requirement at a minimum."

Truth states, "I get that, Toffee. I'm personally just a fan of keeping OOC and IC worlds as separate as possible."

Kinaed states to Sparkles, "There's also a huge propensity for people, in a void of actual knowledge, to fill in the blanks... often very wrong... then propogate that across the pbase."

Kinaed claims, "'she killed me because she's a <insert prejorative>' rather than the truth"

Civetta is no longer idle.

Civetta has returned from AFK.

ToffeeApples says, "@Truth, I agree.. but I think when a character no longer exists IC it'd be okay to relax those rules to a certain extent."

Truth asks, "Maybe rumor mongers should be warned against that stuff?"

Sparkles states, "And the killer could be lying OOCly to folks about their reasoning as well."

Kinaed states, "Rarely, but sometimes, it's gotten big enough that staff worry of feel like they should step in and calm the rumors."

Kinaed says, "In fifteen years, I've felt that way maybe a dozen times."

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

ToffeeApples questions, "How about letting the victim see the cnotes that justified the killing?"

Kinaed states, "I've actually seen a lot of either blatant OOC lying or just people misunderstanding the facts because they only have 2+2, so they assume the answer is 4, instead of 2+2+2+2 = the real RP scenario."

Kitty claims, "I think... and please take this with a grain of salt."

Truth claims, "Toffee, I understand. But honestly, I'd only be comfortable after OOC years. Like, if the Hillbeast records were released over the forums. That stuff sounded so interesting."

Kinaed nods at Truth.

Kinaed says, "I think it needs to be years and years, otherwise there's still the propensity for things to affect RP that's actively in-play or to inflame/reawaken things that should be long gone."

Kitty states, "I don't talk to a lot of people. BUT... some people do. I think that if you do that, murders are going to be solved a lot faster. I mean, giving out the info... would give away the 'who', if that was hidden. And, I think that (please don't lightning bolt me) while people don't mean to, things slip when talking."

Kinaed claims, "Anyway, I haven't come to any conclusions about this, I've just been turning it over in my head."

ToffeeApples says, "I think that's far too long. I think maybe 4 months or so would be more reasonable. I have characters on other muds from years back I can't even remember the names to"

Truth claims, "It just seems too risky to have players knowing the IC circumstances that led up to the death of their character. We have so many conflicts of interests when it concerns this stuff when characters are ALIVE."

Kinaed nods at Truth.

Temi nods.

Sparkles says, "I think that some other policies besides seeing the cnotes might make things feel better, but that's a wider topic."

Kinaed questions to Sparkles, "Well, we're here to discuss such things - albeit it's only four minutes until meeting close. Perhaps we can carry that over as a topic for next week?"

Kitty claims, "Honestly? Even knowing why... doesn't necessarily make me feel better. So, I disagree."

Temi nods.

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Temi claims, "Sometimes it helps, sometimes it won't."
ToffeeApples nods at Kitty.

Sparkles nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed claims, "That's a good point too. Traumatic loss of a character is traumatic. And while it's easy to go 'I hate it because I don't know what happened', that really doesn't change the trauma of it."

Kitty states, "It still doesn't bring back what was lost - even if there's a 'why' behind it. It can be a super, super lame reason... and just make one even more bummed about it."

Kinaed claims, "You could take that away, and that won't solve the problem - which is losing a character one is invested in and enjoyed."

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Venamelia states, "I think the consensus everyone agrees to is that it is difficult and tricky. The way I deal with things I dislike is to take a few steps back, but people have different coping mechanisms."

Kinaed claims to Venamelia, "We have a help file for that... hehe. HELP SANDWICH"

Kinaed states, "It's only partly tongue in cheek."

Kitty claims, "And has accomplished a lot, and is about to... ya know... get married. So much that could be thrown in there. Knowing why my character was taken away wouldn't have made it any better. I would think... it would make it worse."

Kitty states, "Because then you're sitting there going, "... for that? I have to start over... for that?" And it's not good."

Truth declaims, "And never be afraid to take breaks from the game! As long as you finish up any pertinent RP, take care of yourself first!"

Kinaed nods at Truth.

Venamelia says, "I think that is the best help file anyone could want to have."

Kinaed grins at Venamelia.

Venamelia states, "Starting over does not seem that bad, to be fair. The Death xp allows for more and more advanced character builds, which again allow for more and greater storywriting."

Kinaed says, "Okay, we're at the top of the hour. I want to thank everyone for coming to the OOC Chat and participating today :)"

Truth sings kumbaya around the fire. And checks the clock because it's 5 PM servertime.

Kinaed declares, "We'll be meeting again next week... same time, same place!"

Truth exclaims, "Bye!"

Sparkles asks, "Oh! Was the RP hooks list checked again?"

Kinaed pontificates, "In the meantime, please consider telling your friends about TI, writing a review on TMC or Reddit, etc - it's good for getting more people to play with!"

Kitty says to Venamelia, "Depends when and how they die."

Kinaed exclaims to Sparkles, "I don't think I did .. thanks for reminding me!"

Kinaed states, "I'll check RP hooks today. :)"

Mibs claims, "My friends are all too busy with work or school."

Brando states, "It is just a game ok. Now having said that I agree one does heavily invest in ones character but dying in game is no reflection upon you as a person. If you don"

Kinaed nods at Brando.

Kitty states, "Obviously, I'm still here. So, it's not that."

Brando claims, "It is just a game ok. Now having said that I agree one does heavily invest in ones character but dying in game is no reflection upon you as a person. If you dont like teh permadeath side of things then please dont play this game .. it has many adult concepts to it and one needs to be mature enough to accept those things and those potential and actual outcomes. ( fixed typo )"

Kinaed claims, "Exactly. Just a game. No matter how bad it gets, nothing on TI will affect anyone's mortgage payments. :)"

Kitty says, "Same statement as above."

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Venamelia nods.

Kinaed claims to Kitty, "Thanks for sticking it out :)"

ToffeeApples wishes they could spend QP on a mortgage

Kinaed declares, "Okay, let's get back together next week! Have a good one! Enjoy your RP!"

Kinaed trails off, "Retransing the room in 3..."

Kinaed trails off, "2..."

Kinaed trails off, "1..."
help policy triggers, help policy non-consensual, help sandwich

• Information