OOC Support Thread - You're Awesome and Here's Why

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Geras

Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:38 pm

I second Briar and add Ikeala for some great magic RP, and Sibylle and Lans for playing the other side of the coin masterfully.

Tasker

Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:26 am

Yeah I love Briar too! He's such a cool guy I love him, he's great. I cosplay him sometimes.

Lans is pretty cool too tbh

Dreams
Discord Handle: dreams2410

Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:07 pm

I guess it's been long enough, so I can post here now.

I have to credit Lans for being absolutely, amazingly awesome. The roleplay we had between our pair ended far too soon, but realize that I enjoyed every moment. The arguments (whoa nelly, the arguments were gut-wrenching and painful), the quiet ones always are), the awkward moments, the tender moments, and the sides of Lans that Anteya got to see that the others did not. Their story was far from over, and the abrupt ending left so much left unsaid, and so much left undone.

Know that I miss it, I miss it, oh my goodness do I miss it.

Too soon. Far, far too soon.
help policy triggers, help policy non-consensual, help sandwich

Dreams

Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:13 am

BUMP!

I was the last one to post here. There've been a lot of negative, nasty, prickly feelings surrounding these forums lately.

WITHOUT revealing IC info (more appropriate for a recommend), call out some of your favorites here so people can start getting some warm fuzzies again. Because, by golly, people need them right now.

phoenixdoll
Discord Handle: pd#1102

Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:55 am

Thanks Kitty.

So I don't get to RP with them much, but I have to give mad props to Lans, Emicho, and Phyllis. You all are scary IC and that adds a lot to the play experience. Lans, you are the scary pretty bad guy out of an anime and I've seen just enough to hint at what the beach episode would be like for poor Lans. Emicho, I love how you convey your character's scale - your diremotes are the best in the game. Phyllis, I've busted into casual meetings with you and I've seen your public persona when meting out divine penance. Your character is complicated and nuanced.

Bruin Mazzo was a favourite that I didn't get to roleplay with much before he liquidated. Had some really interesting and character defining scenes with him.

Rain, Raylene, I absolutely loved your baking event.
Gibby, you're such a rascal.
Torin, you actively make me laugh, ooc and IC. You are a meme ooc but the Hillman is a surprisingly nuanced and well developed character.
Oswin, Osmond, Eartha. Oh lord. So many jokes..
Theodora, you are easily my favourite first guild leader of all the guilds I have characters in.
Kieran, I admire your moxie.

galaxgal

Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:31 pm

Don't forget that you can give sexy mechanical rewardsto these people if you have specific instances citable for a Recommend ingame. ;)
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

mystry

Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:49 pm

Torin is ridiculously funny in every single scene he's in. I think everyone whose met him knows that.

Marakus (aka Mister Lightningfingers) always has very large, very descriptive and good emotes. He is also the only one I've met who can produce emotes that long faster than me. Very large props.

Najima does the 'I don't speak Lithmorran very well and have a thick accent' thing very well, and it sometimes leads to misunderstandings that gives me an excuse to speak in Farin to ask for clarification, and flexing languages is always fun. Kalana also does this cool concept.

Have to give respect to Silvia, since I witnessed first hand the personality shift that she went through, from high to low to high again. The player handled the personality changes that happen when something really bad happens to someone very well.

Sibylle is someone whom my character doesn't personally interact with much, but I can see the machinations and gears turning in her head anyway. She plays the 'experienced politician who knows just what to say', very well, and makes me think the player behind her has some kind of political experience.

I could probably go on for like... twenty other people.

galaxgal

Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:09 pm

Oh yeah, and while I'm here, big ups to Sibylle. She continues to ooze style and detail in a way I wish I could manage, and on top of that has been generally super helpful and inclusive from a player-behind-the-character perspective.
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

Dreams

Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:56 pm

Well, since I started it again, I will post.

Lans, as previously stated nearly a year ago, you are my favorite person. That has not changed.

Briar, you devil. You are amazeballs, too. I love the way your brain works.

Phyllis, I don't get to interact with you often enough. Honestly. You are great.

Estone - I have few words that can express how much I enjoy interactions with your character. Always. Amazing roleplayer who doesn't mind getting into the weeds and peeling layers of onions.

Perelle, again, not often enough. But I enjoy every time.

Safir, you are absolutely amazing. One of my favorite people to interact with in game, I love that your character can just... be.

Tua, I love how laid back your character is. Seriously. Until he's not, and then I am usually giggling at you.

Nadir, dude. I know you liquidated some time ago, but I loved every scene. Wish you hadn't gone.

There are many, many more. Some of which are gone now, some who are still kicking. But. We have some great players out there.

LANS

Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:12 pm

Thank you for the warm words. It is nice to feel appreciated; playing a Knight is a difficult, taxing, often ungrateful role.

I would like to throw my kudos to Aukanaii. He is a noticeably thematic case of a tubori dilettante, with plenty of meat to sink one's metaphorical teeth onto. He is full of personality, flaws, vices, opinions, choices; you can see it in his manner of speech, choice of friends, attire, even preferred locations. He makes himself easy to remember and to wish to see again. He remembers information, he does some things on a whim, he makes mistakes. Possibly one of my favourite characters.

• Information