Anonymity and Stories

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:46 pm

So I know this may seem like a strange idea, but would it be possible to have the option to not have the ST tag show up next to your name on who list when participating in a story?

I've been approached a few times as Tenebrae with the idea to run a story involving the brotherhood and I would LOVE to run such a story, but then I remember being a member of the story publicizes that you are in the story, and if it's known the brotherhood is involved in the story, it doesn't take much to look at the who list and put two and two together. Yes there is whoinvis, but well Stories can go on for awhile, longer than that whoinvis lasts.

I think it is just a simple addition that would open up a much wider venue of stories. Yes one could argue about if you speak in the story channel it would reveal your name... but at that point it's a personal choice. Don't have to speak in the channel and tells work fine, and the storyteller is going to know your name regardless.

Also can't recall if this is already a thing or not, but the Storyteller being able to pull up a list of participants.
Lurks the Forums

Taunya

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:57 pm

I think there was a way to turn off the [ST] tags by marking the story as private.

Edit:

typing 'anon' will take the story anonymous, and the only one with a ST on their name in the who list will be the storyteller, and the STC channel seems to replace names (other than the Storyteller's) with numbers instead. I'm not sure how the numbers are assigned, but they seem to stay consistent even if someone leaves and rejoins later.

That said, I've not really tested it much so there may be things that break the anonymity, and of course the storyteller will still know who's participating.

Looks like the participants' names come up in the POLCA when you just hit enter an empty line.

Buzz K[ir]ill

Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:22 am

I forgot all about the 'anon' option! I'm not sure it has been thoroughly tested, yet, but I'm happy to give it a try! Last time I even thought about it, it was still only half-implemented. Sounds like things may have improved since then.

Voxumo

Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:20 pm

I didn't even know you could make a story private/anon... So yeah, guess my desired outcome is already in the game. My bad.
Lurks the Forums

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:33 am

Also, you can create an alt to run a story.

Voxumo

Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:45 am

Kinaed wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:33 am
Also, you can create an alt to run a story.
It's not running the story I'm concerned about, but the players involved. For example, an idea for a story I've had involves the Brotherhood and Reeves participating in a "Heist" scenario, with reeves trying to prevent an item from being stolen, with brotherhood obviously trying to steal it. That idea obviously kind of falls through if every member of the brotherhood involved has their name plastered on who list, but now that I know stories can be private/anon, it's more doable.
Lurks the Forums

• Information