Great Grand Inquisitor? What made them Great?

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Evrald

Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:58 am

So I've been wanting to know for awhile. What was the best Grand Inquisitor that you can remember?

What was the thing that made them so good?

What was their attitude like?

What is it that you find makes a good Grand Inquisitor?
Resident Savage Player / Expert - Currently Not a Savage though

Kuzco

Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:43 pm

Hm, okay. I'm not very comfortable with this question because of a soft, weak fear of offending those I do not choose. With that said I joined around Toroni's time, SC 367 I think... My favourite one would be Empena, with Farra a close second.

What I liked of her the most was her unique skill at projecting a terrifying aura of dread, while keeping herself perfectly calm and composed. Empena also was able to show the fractured psyche of someone too young to have seen too much, and it showed in subtle ways. She was cunning and methodical, and her days of pyring someone every other week (with Angsty Mc Angst aka "Rothgar") instilled a permanent atmosphere of low intensity paranoia.

And that is how it should be.

Taunya

Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:59 pm

Different people stood out in different ways. Besides what Kuzco said, I'd like to give a shout-out to Arlow, who was very open and inclusive in involving others in Orderly plots. I had a lot of fun wrapped up in things I hadn't had a chance to before or since.

chronodbu

Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:29 am

In my time playing, I cant say I can think of many memorable Grand Inquisitors. If I were considering it more in the vein of favorite head of the Order, aka GI or when it used to be Cardinal, I'd have to say Gerolf.

He was very thematic to the Order while at the same time managing to be involved in many IC events in a way that didn't feel like a contest with other players. At the same time, he gave off this very old man who had seen some things vibe. I could be biased because he was the first I'd experienced but I can't say I've legitimately seen anyone who did it quite so well as he did.

--Edited to fix a word.
Last edited by chronodbu on Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:58 am

Just to show off my age... Santei. Terrifying, known for being capacious, he was the GI when I started playing, and he set the tone for my early TI experience. At the time, he was the living embodiment of paranoia-generation because he could and did kill people at whim. Ultimately, he pkilled my one and only child char, Sinjoun. :) Proudly, she bit him on the knee.

Evrald

Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:45 am

Thanks for the input so far everyone. This is very helpful to learn how people feel about the role.
Resident Savage Player / Expert - Currently Not a Savage though

AlwaysShunny

Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:04 am

There were many great GIs, but my favourite would have to be Farra. She really handled the Order well, especially on the clerical front.
the lord of the springs is king dav father

Geras

Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:02 pm

Santei was great. I wonder what ever happened to that player. You had a few pretty good GIs too Kinky. Including the one I locked up in the basement...

I didn't get much of a chance to interact with recent inquisitors due to being on hiatus from the game, but Farra definitely seemed like a great one to me. Just the right balance of menace and professionalism.

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:24 pm

While I'm not really comfortable with these types of topics, I do have one player who I think was the greatest Grand Inquisitor I've ever had the luck of rping with.

Loreth, I can't remember their last name. I feel they were a great GI because they had such a solid grasp on the Theme and lore, particularly the Order's lore, and were completely willing to sit down and icly explain said theme to anyone who wished to learn more icly. Admittingly the theme has changed so much since that time, but for theme at the time he had down pat. On top of that despite being the Grand Inquisitor, and a damn good inquisitor at that, he didn't rp it as most normally do, a figure to be feared. He rped as a figure to be respected, one who people didn't flee a scene at their arrival, but were happy to rp with him.
Lurks the Forums

Whateverosaur
Discord Handle: Whateverosaur#6350

Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:15 pm

A good GI in my experience does nail the line between approachable and respectable (for a certain 'side' of the game) and a figure to be feared or figured out (for the other). So much of actions and reactions comes down to the makeup of the game and plots at the time, but wielding both aspects would be very important to my measure of a GI.

That being said, mystery is a personal favorite element. Some players wear their heart on their sleeves - you know what's going to happen (with a fair degree of certainty) when you bring up topic x or action y. It's those players (and by extension, GIs) that retain mystery that really capture my attention.

• Information