Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:10 pm

Kinaed asks, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Steven holds a porcelain candy dish mounted on a small blush-pink pillow in his hand.
A loud "Thbbbbt" noise emits from Steven's direction.

Steven says, "Roooofl"

Tamos smiles and folds hands behind back, shifting torso back and forth.

Steven stops using a porcelain candy dish mounted on a small blush-pink pillow.

Empena claims, "I have something that I'd like to ask about."

Kinaed says to Empena, "Thanks, you're on the list. Please pre-write it so you're ready to introduce everyone when called upon."

Kinaed says, "Or ask your question :)"

Kinaed asks, "Anyone else?"

Kinaed says, "If we get to the discussion section and we run out of topics/time, I might raise a few things that players have discussed with me over the week. We'll see how we go."

Kinaed says, "But otherwise, I'll take the extended silence to mean Empena is the only one who wants the floor today. Let's kick off Staff Updates."

Kinaed says, "Last week I started a new specification for something I'm calling "Noble Projects" though it's probably more right to call them City Council projects. In an overview, it's a method for City Council members to say they're doing something to shift a city metric fur the duration of a span, and attempt to politic other people into assisting them complete that shift so they can be 'movers and shakers' within the city and make IC Events happen, etc."

Kinaed says, "... I haven't discussed it with all staff yet, so sorry to any staff whom that's a surprise for. But I think it's a fun idea."

Kinaed claims, "On my plate - Jail automation."

Kinaed says, "I think that's everything."

Kinaed states, "Azarial, you're up."

Steven claims, "I have a question about that."

Kinaed has transferred Norrig. [OOC]

Kinaed says, "Oh, hold off az."

Norrig eyes around warily.
Kinaed asks of Steven, "Yes?"

Temi gives a porcelain candy dish mounted on a small blush-pink pillow to Norrig.

Norrig claims, "I like how Az has Prestige but Kin does nott."

Norrig says to Temi, "Thanks luv."

Steven says, "So I've been told that the city report is a zero sum game, essentially, because if something else goes up something apparently -has- to come down. Example being Lawfulness getting punished because another player did an event about public health or maybe it was morale, which pretty much negated my work on getting people to vote that week."

Steven claims, "So"

Steven muses, "With the noble projects/city council projects, is that going to do the same thing?"

Kinaed says, "The underlying numbers will remain a zero sum game, but no, this is additive for the period of a span. So at the end of the span, it will affect all calculations, like money outputs, etc... but when the span is over, the enhancement will dissipate and the new underlying figures will be the new starting position for the next span. Basically, it's a temporary, direct boost."

Kinaed has transferred Malia. [OOC]

Temi gives a porcelain candy dish mounted on a small blush-pink pillow to Malia.

Steven claims, "Neato."

Kinaed says, "Any other questions or thoughts on that one? I'm writing up the spec, so you guys will probably be able to see and feedback on it next week."

Empena queries, "Will that include the ability for something to have a longer term effect than two weeks?"

Maura ponders "I presume this would only be for positive pushes? I can't imagine any noble would publicly subvert something with this, unless it doesn't have to be a public thing?"

Kinaed states to Empena, "No, the affect for a City Council project is only within a given span."

Justin has lost link.
Justin has reconnected.

Kinaed states to Maura, "A person can do either."

Maura questions, "But would their name have to be attacked to the push?"

Kinaed trails off, "Likely, people will only generally use it for positive pushes, but theoretically..."

Maura coughs "attached"

Kinaed says to Maura, "No."

Maura nods "Okay, just was curious."

Kinaed claims, "Also, it's a politicing game, so getting it to happen requires getting other people to contribute."

Kinaed claims, "The idea is to stimulate some RP there."

Empena questions, "Will that be represented with IP or Support or?"

Kinaed claims, "IP."

Maura claims, "That's nice to know IP will finally have another purpose."

Kinaed claims, "Any other questions? I hope it sounds like a good idea to people."

Kinaed pontificates, "Okay, Az! Sorry about earlier, you're up :)"

A flurry of fiery-colored leaves sweep across the area, rapidly coalescing into the winged shape of Niamh. [OOC]

Niamh waves.

Temi gives a porcelain candy dish mounted on a small blush-pink pillow to Niamh.

Norrig bows to Niamh-sama.

Kinaed asks, "I think Az may be AFK?"

Azarial claims, "I've managed to work on my bug list a bit, and cleared some of my mail trying to find my notes for some of the larger specs. Nothing of note springs to mind, so I suspect it is mostly minor QOL stuff and typos."

Kinaed says, "Awesome :)"

Niamh holds a porcelain candy dish mounted on a small blush-pink pillow in her hand.
A loud "Thbbbbt" noise emits from Niamh's direction.

Azarial has been yelling at monsters under the stairs about banging on the walls.

Niamh laughs.

Niamh stops using a porcelain candy dish mounted on a small blush-pink pillow.

Tamos holds a porcelain candy dish mounted on a small blush-pink pillow in his hand.
A loud "Thbbbbt" noise emits from Tamos's direction.

Kinaed says, "Looking at the changes board, it's mostly bug fix."

Maura questions, "Speaking of changes board, does the GL bonus for approval also affect negative approval?"

Norrig gasps!

Kinaed claims, "However, if you haven't seen some recent chnges on the Apr2018 change list... GLs now get bonuses for having approval ratings above neutral (cash rewards), missing crafting ingredience once again display in red text, and deaf now takes options."

Norrig quotes: "You are too unpopular, give us your money!"

Kinaed states to Maura, "Other way around, the GL approval affects the bonus. It's an output, not an input. If a GL is not highly approved, they'll miss out on silver"

Kinaed says, "Er, no, it doesn't go back into the system for others, nor are they fined :)"

Maura nods "Just was curious."

Kinaed states to Azarial, "Thanks for your update :)"

Kinaed exclaims to Temi, "You're up!"

Temi claims, "Not a lot of progress, but I've set things in motion for the May event plans, and I will be continuing to work on that. Also making some progress on the magecraft review. Some adjustments may be seen now and more to come."

Temi exclaims, "That's about it so far. Hopefully people will enjoy the events!"

Norrig nods.

Kinaed states, "I have to say - I'm really excited about the plot works that Temi and Niamh have worked up for you guys. I hope you do attend the event in May and subsequent planned activities. I think it'll be a lot of fun, maybe the best plot we've had in a long, long time."

Vlora is idle.

Niamh states, "\o/"

Norrig says, "Sounds quite exciting :)"

Maura is rooting for the bad guy if it means theme is shaken up a bit

Vlora is no longer idle.

Kinaed claims, "And - the submission to me had multiple endings, folks - so what happens will have a real result that quantitatively could go in wildly different directions."

Niamh nods.

Vlora has returned from AFK.

Temi nods in agreement with Kinaed.

Norrig maneuvers into marrying the Princess.

Vlora mutters "Warrr"

Temi questions, "Why have just a wedding when you can have a wedding with plots?"

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "Okay, Niamh - you're up :)"

Kinaed thumbs ups to Temi.

Niamh states, "This week I mostly tried to keep up with Az by keeping the changes board clear - as he processes bug fixes, changes to old stuff, or brand new stuff, the notes get bumped to changes and they need testing, helpfiling, and such."

Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Niamh states, "That was about it save for the usual requests. Plotty stuff! Annnd, that's it."

Steven says, "That is something I wanted to ask about the event."

Kinaed wonders to Steven, "Yes? :)"

Steven queries, "Referencing Maura's comment - Does this event actually have potential for a theme shakeup?"

Kinaed states, "Yes."

Steven claims, "Oh man, now I'm -really- excited for it."

Niamh frolicks.

Kinaed says, "Well, theme... it'll still be the theme. Game structure and stuff, yes."

Temi claims, "Depends on your definition of theme, but yes, some significant possible effects."

Kinaed says, "Er, we're not inventing gunpowder."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Niamh grins.

Kinaed queries, "Okay, was that all staff?"

Steven grins, "Moreso meant it actually has potential to affect the monarchy and possibly how guilds interact due to a new Monarch, etc."

Temi nods at Steven.

Temi claims, "Could be."

Norrig will fight for the Republic.

Niamh claims, "*Empire"

Niamh claims, "OOOH"

Steven states, "<3."

Empena says, "The Empire did nothing wrong."

Niamh states to Empena, "Oh my god you."

Steven states, "Absolutely nothing wrong. All those poor families affected by the Death Star."

Niamh grins.

Kinaed muses, "Okay, Player Heartbeat! How was the game last week, folks?"

Steven claims, "Extremely busy."

Steven says, "In a good way."

Norrig states, "It was good. I am starting to get dragged by GL paperwork, which makes me more careful about my rp management"

Steven exclaims to Norrig, "Welcome to the seventh level of he...I mean, Welcome to GLing!"

Norrig states, "This new staff plot has me quite interested. And thanks."

Maura shrugs "Only recently returned after somewhat of a hiatus due to stress, but the quick scene I had was pleasant."

Kinaed smiles.

Norrig claims, "Thanks to staff for implementing count."

Kinaed comforts Maura.

Niamh hugs Maura.

Kinaed says, "Thanks, Az :)"

Norrig nods at Azarial.

Kinaed has transferred Zadora. [OOC]

Empena says, "I have to admit that some OOC stuff kind of hampered me getting in on some RP this week."

Temi gives a porcelain candy dish mounted on a small blush-pink pillow to Zadora.

Zadora smiles at Temi.

Kinaed muses to Empena, "I'm sorry to hear that. Was it anything staff need to be aware of?"

Temi wonders, "Game-related OOC or RL OOC?"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed has transferred Laliene. [OOC]

Temi gives a porcelain candy dish mounted on a small blush-pink pillow to Laliene.

Norrig claims to Steven, "I will shove bardic performances down your throats. I want people to idly repeat our songs while working or fishing or having irresponsible lovemaking."

Laliene loves her candy dish.

Niamh sputters.

Justin has lost link.
Justin has reconnected.

Kinaed claims, "As opposed to responsible. No one is allowed to sing then."

Temi says to Laliene, "Maybe.. mind the hugs, though."

Laliene grins at Temi.

Norrig claims to Niamh, "Rs."

Norrig says to Niamh, "Yes."

Empena claims, "Both, but I admit that the General board post and then some conversations on the General Discord made me feel really ... awkward about RP, like being put into a position to defend things in the OOC realm. That's happened before and it's really awkward, to me."

Norrig can't target Kinaed?

Kinaed says to Norrig, "I'm a unicorn."

Norrig asks of Empena, "What happened?"

Kinaed claims to Empena, "I think I missed all of that."

Temi claims to Norrig, "Niamh has a 'kin' in her short."

Norrig claims to Temi, "Ohhhh"

Kinaed questions, "What happened, guys? Anyone else witness what Empena's talking about?"

Niamh claims, "Oh god. I just reset Justin's shortdesc"

Maura says, "Part of the reason I don't bother with the Discord channel. Few times I've hopped in there, it's never seemed like a pleasant experience.""

Niamh did.

Norrig says, "First I hear of it boss."

Kinaed says to Niamh, "Thanks for helping me dodge hugs."

Justin states, "WUt"

Niamh says, "I DID: intro Just Niamh Stuff"

Kinaed comforts Maura.

Justin sighs.

Norrig trails off, "I just find discord lovely..."

Steven queries to Norrig, "Could I hire a bard to play the viol behind a curtain while having irresponsible lovemaking?"

Kinaed claims, "I just go there for the memes."

Justin states, "Now I have to remember my own short-desc"

Safir has lost link.
Safir has reconnected.

Laliene pontificates to Steven, "I'll do it!"

Norrig nods at Steven.

Tamos claims to Steven, "Oh mmmmy."

Norrig nods at Kinaed.

Laliene pontificates, "I mean, how lewd!"

Laliene grins.

Kinaed says, "Okay, the rundown I just got in tells is that a player complained about getting into trouble right after leaving cyan phase and made comments about it on the general board, etc."

Kinaed says, "For the record, that character was not new, so any 'you're attacking a new player' stuff is not true."

Laliene nods at Kinaed.

Norrig nods.

Tamos looks closely at several blue spirit balls burning with chill flames belonging to Azarial.

Kinaed questions, "So I guess - would it be easier or better if Staff just remove that sort of stuff, or should we leave it there in the interests of giving people their voice?"

Steven claims, "I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of "I had to deal with character consequences so I'm gonna take a break for a while" posts."

Azarial claims to Tamos, "Kitsune stuff."

Steven says, "All it does is guilt the people involved."

Azarial nods at Steven.

Kinaed nods at Steven.

Tamos blushes.

Azarial says, "Emotioanl manipulation to avoid consequences, and encourage comforting of a 'fragile' psyche."

Kinaed states, "I think the staff overall view the post dimly. TI isn't a fluffy game, and it's in pretty bold letters that bad stuff can happen. I'm not inclined to entertain that behavior."

Maura shrugs "I know I've taken breaks after character deaths, but never from anything smaller."

Azarial sees it all the time in her 3yo.

Justin says, "I think the IC events shouldn't be brought up in farewell posts or maybe even general board posts."

Kinaed claims to Azarial, "TI is not the place for fragile psyches either. Our subject matter is very dark and adult."

Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Justin claims, "It's fine to take a break because you feel shitty about something IC, but I don't see why that should be public"

Empena says, "I think there's a difference between 'I'm taking a break' send mail, etc or a RL update"

Kinaed exclaims, "Oo, that 'nod to justin' went to Niamh too. She's stealing the show!"

Justin questions, "Is my intro still wrong?"

Maura agrees with Justin

Kinaed nods at Empena.

Niamh states, "Oh god I'm wrecking targeting"

Azarial claims, "Some people need the drama."

Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.

Laliene laughs at Niamh.

Niamh pontificates, "Niamh has changed her intro from 'just Niamh Stuff' to 'dihfsudfsudgf'. !"

Azarial pontificates, "If they;re not the center of the attention their world has ended. woe!"

Empena states, "But then it went to the General Discord and people are saying everyone's getting whipped right left and centre to new players, and that's not remotely true."

Kinaed says, "Okay, we can update the rules around that, which will give staff the ability to take action - pretty much, don't talk about IC Events in your OOC posts."

Vlora claims, "Bear in mind that the player did follow the things through IC'ly and didn't try to drag the roleplay down. I don't think it's very fair to tar the player with a brush of 'trying to manipulate' people."

Steven claims to Empena, "Lol what"

Azarial did try to correct that misinformation.

Steven claims, "I've whipped like 2 people since I started."

Justin says, "Yeah, I don't know how much we want to blacken the player that's not here to defend themselves"

Kinaed nods at Vlora.

Steven claims, "If anything, I've been -slacking-"

Justin states, "But as a general rule, IC shouldn't be used in OOC posts seems reasonable."

Safir has lost link.

Azarial says, "That;s the analysis. it fits the pattern."

Kinaed nods at Justin.

Temi states to Kinaed, "Probably not 'save the date' type ones though"

Justin pontificates, "Also, more people need to be whipped!"

Safir has reconnected.

Kinaed says to Temi, "Yeah, we'll figure out our wording"

Tamos asks of Justin, "While a bard plays behind a curtain?"

Safir has lost link.
Safir has reconnected.

Steven states, "Bard behind the curtain is now our new TI meme."

Niamh states, "Hm hmmm... There's a "HELP SAYING GOODBYE" helpfile, it seems."

Kinaed says, "Okay, sorry you went through that, Empena. Thank you for letting us know your concerns."

Norrig states, "I agree with Justin and Vlora. Deai played it to the end. But her post was less than ideal."

Tamos mimes playing a stringed instrument with his hands, swayings to the invisible tune.

Kinaed questions, "Anyone else want to tell us anything about their RP week, otherwise we can jump to Player Topics? :)"

Temi claims, "I am pleased with how the person in question handled the RP, and that's just as it should have been, I think. And it's entirely possible that any guilt people felt from the post was unintentional, but it could shape people IC responses, which we want to avoid."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Azarial says, "Brb. diaper."

Kinaed claims, "Look, I'm glad she followed through the RP, but we have rules about OOC pressure and that sort of thing. How people feel about RP shouldn't be shared in the OOC space. The game isn't about pleasing people."

Steven is honestly a heartless jerk, if you do a post like that about Reeve handling of a case, he's gonna laugh at you behind his screen.

Kinaed states, "Maybe we shouldn't go so far as to call it manipulation, but certainly making your issues someone else's isn't cool."

Temi nods.

Maura smirks to Steven "Being heartless isn't the worse thing on this game. Certainly helps with alot of rp."

Kinaed states, "Okay, let's move on! Player Topics."

Niamh trails off, "Maura and Steeeven sitting in a tree..."

Kinaed says to Empena, "You're up first :)"

Kinaed states, "F-I-G-H-T-I-N-G."

Niamh grins.

Maura smirks to Niamh "That would be an interesting pairing."

Niamh says to Maura, "YES."

Steven says, "Rofl Kinaed."

Steven states, "I feel there's something here I'm unaware of."

Kinaed says, "I always wondered why there weren't a dozen other -ING ending words used in that rhyme."

Steven claims, "That I should be picking up on."

Justin claims, "There definitely is"

Kinaed says, "Shhsh. It's Empena's turn. :P"

Empena says, "Mostly my question is about some conclusions to some previous queries. - IE - was there a decision about the changes to attack/safe attack? Was there a staff conclusion about any clarifications/updates to liquidation policy? Maybe generally just a request for some outstanding forum submissions that didn't have conclusions et al."

Kinaed claims, "Oh, sure."

Kinaed trails off, "Changes to attack and safe attack are coming when Az has the time - basically, you'll get an error message if trying to use a live weapon to safe attack, you'll use practice weapons like ... um... I forget what it's called, but ad hoc weaponry instead of real weapons when you attempt a real attack"

Steven asks, "Wait, so we can't use real weapons with safe attack anymore?"

Kinaed says, "Okay, liquidation policy - I'm not sure what you're referring to, but we do require people seeking to liquidate make some sort of IC_Event post or announcement so people can have a trigger for closure."

Kinaed states to Steven, "Well, you can until Az gets to the change, but no you'll need practice weapons."

Justin says, "I say we remove safe attack >.>"

Norrig eyes Justin warily.

Steven states, "Bah"

Kinaed queries to Justin, "Oh?"

Empena claims, "I mean, as a Physician, I clearly support people beating each other up more."

Steven says to Justin, "No. "

Justin claims, "Kidding, kidding."

Niamh unsafe attacks Justin.

Safir would make a killing.

Kinaed says, "Maybe liquidation requests should go into a POLCA."

Niamh trails off to Kinaed, "OoooOOoOoOo..."

Maura would make sense and likely make it alot more tidy
Kinaed claims to Niamh, "You just made yourself responsible for designing the POLCA :P"

Tamos mimes playing an accordion.

Kinaed nods at Maura.

Kinaed smiles at Tamos.

Zadora has lost link.
Zadora has reconnected.

Niamh pontificates to Kinaed, "It could be set up so if you have less than say, 5 RP hours, the IC event isn't required!"

Justin states, "THere are times when you just want to liquidate a character that hasn't played in like three months and they're using up a slot."

Niamh claims, "Automation mmmm"

Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Laliene says, "A Polca for them is not a bad idea."

Kinaed nods at Laliene.

Empena says, "Perhaps have the liquidation helpfile have a checklist like PK checking does so everyone is aware? As I can say there's been at least one that I was involved with that didn't get an event. "

Norrig asks, "Why is it called Polca, anyways?"

Norrig states, "It always sounded like Polka to me."

Kinaed nods at Empena.

Steven claims, "I'm surprised home submissions aren't a polca yet"

Niamh trails off, "Player-OLC-..."

Niamh says, "A"

Kinaed says, "Player Online Coder App"

Maura says to Justin, "No alts are really ever using up a slot, as an account can have unlimited alts to my knowledge at least"

Niamh says, "Oh."

Temi claims, "The A is mainly so it sounds like polka."

Temi grins.

Norrig laughs his ass off: "Of course."

Niamh laughs.

Justin states to Maura, "Mage slots, or guild slots"

Kinaed states to Temi, "Shh, I'm trying to convince them we're clever."

Laliene claims, "I wish alts were limited. :/"

Steven states, "Like, imagine a Home Submission POLCA that had it so it required all the necessary fields filled to even submit"

Maura says, "True regarding mage slots."

Kinaed says to Maura, "10 is the limit."

Temi states to Kinaed, "I think I did suggested Player OLC Azariale."

Maura oh there is a limit? Good to know.

Kinaed claims, "I've thought of reducing that to three."

Kinaed nods at Maura.

Kinaed claims, "Most people never come close. Some do. Serially."

Azarial states, "Online creation, actually."

Norrig states, "Lithmore would be depopulated... good."

Laliene trails off to Kinaed, "Not a bad idea.. People spread themselves thin..."

Kinaed nods at Laliene.

Norrig streaks around desert town.

Justin states, "I have 7 'alts' but most of them were half-started ideas that I haven't bothered to liquidate"

Zadora has lost link.
Zadora has reconnected.

Kinaed says, "Most players, even with those who have heaps of alts, only manage to keep 3 active."

Maura shrugs to Kinaed "Prior me would have objected when I use to run 6 alts at a time and each was relatively active, but as of now, 4 seems reasonable. 2 mages, 2 non-mages

Steven claims, "I will note, limiting things like dual guilding -has- led to the game thriving in ways it hasn't in years."

Kinaed says, "And it's usually 1-2"

Norrig pontificates to Steven, "IKR?!"

Kinaed questions to Steven, "You think so?"

Justin says, "To steven I'm not sure I believe the dual-guilding change is the reason"

Norrig claims to Kinaed, "It was a good idea through and through."

Kinaed states, "Man, there was a lot of protesting to that one. Tell us more."

Steven claims, "I'm seeing way more shops on grid"

Justin states, "I always mess up the sayto command."

Laliene sighs.

Vlora claims, "Alts are only a problem when someone keeps making new ones and just forgetting about their other characters. Especially if they have a GL on one of those forgotten ones."

Steven states, "Because people are focusing on their merchants where they were split before"

Niamh nods at Vlora.

Steven says, "Order seems way more active."

Kinaed nods at Vlora.

Norrig says to Kinaed, "Well my girls are suddenly more interested in bardic stuff."

Kinaed nods at Norrig.

Temi states, "There may be less characters in a guild, but the ones there do seem more invested, which is ideal. And it doesn't even feel like there's less."

Kinaed says, "I'm glad it's deemed a positive change - albeit I think I saw a sigh in the background, so maybe not everyone agrees."

Maura has only run into one or two issues with dual-guilding, but overall it seems to be fine.

Kinaed states, "That said, our numbers are down a bit, so I've been wondering if something's going on, or if it's a seasonal slump."

Maura the changes to clarify

Azarial states, "I'll be quite happy when I can gut that code. tath would be a huge headache removed."

Tamos muses, "Neverwinter Nights EE maybe?"

Tamos states, "There's a few persistent world roleplaying servers."

Norrig asks of Kinaed, "Spring break?"

Justin says, "As an American college student, this is definitely a busy time"

Tamos nods at Justin.

Justin claims, "Not sure how many American college students play, but *shrugs*"

Kinaed states to Norrig, "Probably."

Norrig claims, "Not college and not american, but yeah."

Kinaed claims, "We have some seasonal lows, and I think it's usually March-April and Nov-Dec."

Maura hates this time of year "It's 40 above outside, yet I still have shit tons of snow."

Maura claims, "Or perhaps mush would be the better term"

Temi comforts Maura.

Kinaed claims, "Oh, I had a really old, dead character that was wrapped up for a spouse's player pop back up and ask if we can restore them. I'm not sure how people would feel about that. We've done it a few times, but this dude is pretty dead. That said, so is everyone who likely cared."

Justin states, "What's their name? >.>"

Norrig queries, "I beg your pardon?"

Maura asks, "How long have they been dead?"

Kinaed states, "Not saying, that may sway thoughts."

Justin states, "Kidding. I don't think it's a problem. "

Azarial claims, "I rather dislike restoring liquidated characters. it;s a royal pain. =/"

Kinaed comforts Azarial.

Azarial claims, "It's nonconsensual, it died while you were gone, so sad, you kept the death xp, puick a new name."

Kinaed claims, "Okay... if no one else has anything to say on that. Hmm."

Kinaed muses, "Maura, you had a topic?"

Maura states, "I did."

Norrig turns to Maura.

Kinaed muses, "Did I miss it?"

Clears throat "So what I wanted to bring up is in regards to the recent policy changes regarding Rumors and GL approval, but also in regards to the proposed changes to City Lore. While I understand the changes to City Lore are still in an early phase, this is a change that could put people on the wrongside of policy since the way I understand it, the actual approval ratings of GLs will be hidden behind a certain level of City Lore, so one without that required rank could talk nonsense about a GL, being unaware of their approval status." Maura takes a breath "Obviously I'm not looking for an answer right this instant, but I moreso wanted to bring this up as consideration, as I wasn't sure if anyone else had realized the issue." [Maura]

Kinaed pontificates, "Oh! Yes!"

Norrig states, "Good point."

Maura nods to Norrig "It occured to me late last night when I couldn't sleep."

Kinaed nods at Maura.

Norrig states to Maura, "I recommend valerian tea."

Justin is one of those poor GLs not in the trenches.

Justin claims, "Feel free to spread rumors about how pathetic I am"

Steven states, "I don't have a problem with said spouse being brought back."

Zadora has lost link.
Zadora has reconnected.

Maura pontificates, "You are loved! it's close enough"

Steven claims, "So long as the person's spouse character is okay with it"

Justin says, "It doesn't feel like it"

Norrig declares to Steven, "Justin doesn't change his socks!"

Maura shrugs to Justin "It normally doesn't. Support is a very strange beast, where actual rp often doesn't align with code."

Laliene states to Kinaed, "I have issue with his restore because we seriously BURIED HIS CORPSE>"

Justin states, "Well now I'm curious"

Laliene states, "Ahem, forgot to remove my finger from the shift key."

Justin peruses the graves.

Norrig states, "I am so curious to hear who this guy is."

Vlora claims, "Well, shoot him in the head. "

Laliene laughs.

Temi claims, "I think we've got that one in hand."

Steven says, "I'd also be concerned if said liquidated character had warrants on him at the time of death."

Laliene states to Steven, "He did not."

Niamh states, "Bloody Justiciar."

Temi states, "The policy and hidden GL approval is an interesting interaction I don't think we thought about"

Steven beams at Niamh.

Niamh nods in agreement with Temi.

Maura nods to Temi "See this is why I wanted to bring it up. I didn't know if I was the only one who had considered it. Better to raise a topic that everyone knows about than risk not raising it and nobody had considered it."

Justin says, "I honestly don't think the policy is that big a deal, and people should be allowed to spread nasty rumors about GLs. When we take the position, I think we open ourselves to criticism."

Justin states, "But I can see why people disagree."

Temi nods at Maura.

Steven states, "I usually don't mind it, except when it's constant nasty rumors about a GL who has the support to be fairly well liked."

Azarial states, "Rumors are not true, nor factual."

Kinaed says, "I think it's fine to edit history if everyone who is involved is dead, to the benefit of a player who had no say. So what if he was buried? It was someone else, or something. Provided the actual return doesn't step on the wife's toes."

Niamh wonders, "Is the wife still alive/in-game?"

Kinaed claims, "And since the wide is dead and gone, I don't think alts should count - no offense intended Laliene."

Niamh nods.

Kinaed says to Niamh, "Majorly different story."

Niamh claims, "Gotcha."

Kinaed claims, "The wrapup is basically FOR the wife who can't move on with RP."

Steven states, "So the wife is dead... that narrows down my suspects."

Norrig nods at Steven.

Justin compares notes with Steven.

Steven gets out the magnifying glass.

Norrig writes himselff off the list.

Justin claims, "I think it was Colonel Mustard with the Candlestick in the Dining Room."

Azarial starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Norrig gasps!

Niamh claims, "Norrig was the wife. As Norrig."

Steven states to Justin, "Library."

Norrig nods at Niamh.

Empena states, "I'm so confused. My concern here is, I asked before how often this happened, people un-liquidiated, it was said to be rare, but it seems to be happening more often than 'rare'"

Azarial finishes her note.

Laliene wonders, "I want to know what story he is gonna come up with. He has a kid- where has he been while she has been being raised? "

Kinaed claims, "Anyway, I'll deliberate with staff further and make a decision. We have a staff meeting next."

Maura is indifferent about rumors themselves "I kind of stopped caring about them when I had a character spend an ooc month in ahalin because someone spread a rumor about them murdering another."

Kinaed muses, "Anything else on anyone's mind before we go back to our real lives?"

Steven claims, "Okay, so he has a kid too Justin."

Norrig muses, "Real life?"

Steven claims, "Note that down my dear Watson"

Norrig laughs!

Azarial claims, "If there is a chance you;re going to want to play a character, do not liquidate it."

Justin says, "Of course, Holmes, a capital deduction."

Temi states, "Or back ot our character's lives."

Temi grins at Norrig.

Steven says, "These are the days of our lives"

Kinaed claims to Azarial, "Well, to be fair, someone ELSE requested the liquidation."

Maura has nothing else to say as they brought up their one concern.

Azarial claims, "I meant on the general case."

Justin says, "I keep thinking it's one of my characters, but then I realized I didn't request anything. "

Steven states, "I vote in favor, personally. I can't see how there'd be any harm in it."

Norrig offers to provide unsolicited liquidations.

Justin has lost link.
Justin has reconnected.

Justin asks, "Honestly, why liquidate when you can offer your body to the nearest mage for use in summoning the Demon Queen and giving Kinaed some interesting RP?"

The silence becomes ominous. [Norrig]

Azarial grins.

Niamh claims, "TIL Justin is a monster and so is Az."

Azarial warms up the 'smut' youtube link again.

Niamh says, "NO"

Azarial grins.

Maura offers a nod to Justin "When I'm looking to summon shit or do evil stuff involving players on my mages, I always put up a general board note looking for 'willing' participants."

Azarial gets a dog-eared copy of the Erra Pater from pico, a text editor.

Azarial drinks from a dog-eared copy of the Erra Pater.
Azarial unties the leather binding on the Erra Pater and flips a page, lifting it
to her face. A quick surreptitious swig and Azarial ties the book shut again.

Azarial puts a dog-eared copy of the Erra Pater in pico, a text editor.

Kinaed claims, "I'm getting overwhelmed with tells, guys."

Justin states, "I bet that the Demon Queen is just Azarial. You finally get to beseech the Overlord for a boon."

Laliene states to Kinaed, "Sorry. :/"

Azarial trails off, "Nope. I do not run any demons. I had considered it, but..."

Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.

Temi muses, "Shall we send this lot home?"

Kinaed claims to Laliene, "It's not just you :)"

Niamh states, "In any event, I think Empena was curious how often liquidated people are unliquidated, and the answer was "not often.""

Kinaed declaims to Laliene, "3ish people at once!"

Niamh says, "Or, "sometimes, but not often.""

Laliene nods.

Maura says, "I'd always rather kill off characters looking to die anyway than a character who enjoys life"

Kinaed claims, "Anyway, I missed anything said in the OOC CHat in the last 5 minutes, sorry guys :)"

Kinaed claims, "I'll read the log. In the meanwhile, I'm time poor today and need to get on with our staff meeting if we're to have one."

Norrig bows.

Kinaed claims, "Much love to all of you, please write a review on TMC or Reddit if you can to help us attract more people to play with YOU. :)"

Norrig says, "Do eeeeet"

Azarial avoids undoing liquiodations.

Kinaed declares, "And let us know you did for QP!"

Tamos states, "Oooh."

Kinaed says, "We do QP even for negative reviews, it is okay to think we're not perfect."

Kinaed says, "Okay, have a great time folks."
Lurks the Forums

The_Last_Good_Dragon

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:38 pm

I wanted to chime in on a few topics here, as I wasn't able to make the meeting!

(1) — Player Goodbye Posts. I'm very much with Empena on feeling pretty shitty about seeing these posts. I'm not sure whether or not this particular person intended anything ill about it (I'd lean towards not), posts like this just make the people involved feel like shit. The second half of this past week has really not been very enjoyable for me RP-wise, leading me to take a short break from playing Farra — I am around some, on an alt! — to hopefully excite me for the plot staff is cooking up for us, which initially sort of short-fused my brain and made me have a minor OOC meltdown amongst some friends. (Thank you, by the way, for those who put up with my ramblings and soothed me of some fears.) I think a lot of it had to with that situation and me feeling my need to defend TLI and the Order from this "omg they are so horrible" moniker that often seems to get applied to them OOCly. I think that if you are taking a break, simply say that. If you are quitting then I'm not sure that anybody cares except those you RP with and you're quite capable of simply saying that. There need be no 'Well RP sucks lately' addendum to any of it.

(2) — Dual Guilding Removal. I am very pleased with this change (both then and now) but I'd echo Kinaed's mention that I'm not sure if the uptick in Guild-Based RP has had anything much to do with that. We have a lot of new Guild Leaders just cycle through to new roles and there's an energy related to those changes. I'm still concerned about players being able to be part of Mercenary companies in addition to other guilds as it seems like skirting the policy of not being in two guilds at once; there's also the bluntly forward comment that mercenaries don't really add anything to the general health of the game, in my humble opinion, and indeed pull players away from the organized, code-supported combat guilds of the Reeves and Knights. I feel like it should either become a code-supported Guild with the benefits and restrictions therein, or be potentially absorbed into the Reeve Guild as another branch of the City-Guard.

(3) — Projects. Kinaed mentioned that players would be using these generally for good things, which I agree with. I would love to see more requirements to using these projects than just player support/IP. I would love to see silver involved with this, as guilds often sit on large pools of money and don't seem to have anything to do with it (sometimes!). I think having a project up every single cycle would feel boring and uninspiring, and would like to see these on the more difficult side, an extension of a City Council which is able to effectively create a broad alliance with a clear focus. Also, enabling the Tenebrae to use a counter-project of some sort could give the Brotherhood more fun things to do to influence the city, as I believe they are the only guild in existance right which benefits from an inverse city metric.
~~ Team Farra'n'Stuff. ~~

Taunya

Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:29 pm

The_Last_Good_Dragon wrote:I'm still concerned about players being able to be part of Mercenary companies in addition to other guilds as it seems like skirting the policy of not being in two guilds at once; there's also the bluntly forward comment that mercenaries don't really add anything to the general health of the game, in my humble opinion, and indeed pull players away from the organized, code-supported combat guilds of the Reeves and Knights. I feel like it should either become a code-supported Guild with the benefits and restrictions therein, or be potentially absorbed into the Reeve Guild as another branch of the City-Guard.
Just to be clear, we currently have 2 active, and one inactive character in the band, none of which would join the Reeves or Knights for IC reasons.

That leaves 1 active player that's in a guild as well as playing as a mercenary in the band- namely, my character. I've honestly been considering having her resign from at least one guild for a while now, but there are reasons I haven't yet.

I support the mercenaries becoming a coded guild, but I don't think it's likely to happen anytime soon. And again our characters aren't compatible with the Reeves so I would not support that sort of merger.

Geras

Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:37 pm

What I'd like to see is for some basic code supports for non-guild organizations. Like being able to have a common hall that's not counted as a P-home (or does that happen already) and a common bank account.

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:37 pm

Geras wrote:What I'd like to see is for some basic code supports for non-guild organizations. Like being able to have a common hall that's not counted as a P-home (or does that happen already) and a common bank account.
At that point what separates them from a guild? With the removal of dual-guilding I really don't think we need to be encouraging more "Guilds but not guilds" for people to be joining instead of coded guilds. I mean don't get me wrong, I think there is a place for groups, but they should never be codely supported, but should be rp primarily. Similar to covens mages often form.
Lurks the Forums

Zeita

Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:09 pm

I think the introduction of coded groups as Geras suggests would be useful, although not a priority. I would see them theoretically sit beside the guild code and be primarily administrative in purpose. It would be useful for families, social groups, community groups, political factions, clubs, mercenary companies, complex (ie not sole-proprietor) businesses, etc etc.

I would see it enabling the following more easily;
- Shared property.
- Shared bank accounts.
- Shared letterhead.

I don't think these groups would have any official recognition (ie, no particular rights or responsibilities), and I'm in two minds if they should be wholly IC or not. As an example, the current state of assets is not wholly IC- it is accepted that the information held within the asset command isn't always accessible by folks ICly. Whereas if groups were IC, perhaps they should be registered with and under the legal oversight of the Reeves.

I've no issue with the mercenaries in their current state- they don't get anything out of membership that folks couldn't get from any other social group, and have no particular rights as a result of their membership, to my knowledge. I'd certainly object to them being granted guild status again; when they were a guild in the past, they always struggled for a place and a purpose, and I don't believe that things on the ground have shifted to alter that, nor do I think they're likely to unless TI doubles the current PBase. They're thematic, but not core to the theme in the way that the current guilds are.

Geras

Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:05 am

The only caveat to having groups register with the Reeves is I think there should be an option for covert groups to pay a premium to access the same benefits without registering.

LonelyNeptune

Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:20 am

These suggestions sound a lot like guilds, but without the dual-guilding restriction. I don't think it's necessary.

Taunya

Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:21 am

Guilds are a lot more than a shared bank account, and the reason dual-guilding was removed was more for buggy code reasons than anything else- I don't see a problem with the suggestion.

Personally, I really like the idea of being able purchase bank profiles like you can mail profiles, with the ability to add other authorized characters to it. It'd be equally useful for both merchants with shops and the underworld-types, so they can send and receive funds under an alias, or keep their business funds more separated from their personal. And for married couples, it offers a better solution than keeping silver under the mattress.

• Information