Notify sender about expired messenger

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Helena

Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:28 pm

Hello.

More than once, I've waited for about an hour that someone receives my IC messenger. Apparently, the code does not notify the sender when someone does not enter 'message receive' and the messenger expires.

Could it be possible that the sender be informed when the messenger expires?
Could it be possible that messengers expire a bit early?

Because I find it quite annoying to wait an answer for more than half an hour, since while you wait, you can't really begin another scene.

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:39 pm

One difficulty for some folks (speaking from experience) is the per helpfiles you shouldn't send/receive messengers when it doesn't make sense to do so. Which that might mean different things for different folks, but as a courtesy a rejection message of, "They could not be found or were too busy to hear it," or something acknowledges things without giving strict info but gives a way for the other person to handle things IC.

I'd say a returned message of some kind that the messenger had expired would be useful. If for no other reason some times you can't tell if it wasn't received on purpose by the other person or it's a bug.

Is it true that Metrics influence messenger speed?

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:41 pm

This already exists, you get a notification the messenger has failed. I'll check the wait times though.

• Information