Alternative Religion Workshops - Meetings or Threads?

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Takta

Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:47 pm

Hi folks,

I'm gonna be working on fleshing out/defining our alternative religions and ensuring they all have:
1) Some semblance of a holy text;
2) A temple on grid.

First up is the Path of Fire, as it's the most commonly-subscribed to alternative religion. I definitely want player input as to how you've RP'd this religion in the past and directions you would like it to go.

The main question here: meeting or forum thread? Forum thread allows people to participate even if they can't make a meeting, but meetings typically make progress more quickly.

Weigh in please if you have a preference on meetings or threads!

Onyxsoulle

Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:13 pm

I can understand this for the ones listed under 'Pray', but we're still leaving it open so we can create our own, right?

This was fun that I had on an older character where he worshipped a Goddess that doesn't actually exist.

Leech

Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:41 pm

I don't see why you wouldn't still be able to create your own, regardless of what staff do.

I'm all for discussing it on the forums. Meetings tend to drag on, get side-tracked, and eventually end up with very little agreed upon. Via forums, everyone can participate, and really think about what they say before they post it.
Player of: Alexander ab Courtland

Takta

Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:13 pm

Yes, this is for Path of Fire, Followers of the Spirits of the Light, and Cult of Transcendent Ecstasy (more the former two, which lack full temples or holy books.) Players are still free to RP whatever religion they like.

Pixie

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:03 pm

I vote threads. Leech summed it up very nicely.

Gerolf

Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:44 am

I am a threads fan for those reasons already stated.

• Information