God for a Day!

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Dice

Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:46 am

Orlando and I were chattering on Troub chat about various ideas/suggestions for the game, which inspired a thought: what would y'all do with TI if you were God for a day? It's a light-hearted exercise, but it could lead to some interesting suggestions, I think. Maybe you've got some pet cause you think is only your idea, but if the staff saw it they'd implement it at once! Here's a chance to find out.

What would YOU do if you were God for a day?

Geras

Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:42 am

Zash for King.

Geras

Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:19 pm

More seriously there are two things:

- More code/policy support for managing "conflict" (ie RP where either player has a strong stake in the outcome). Grappling, spells and the like.

- More code/policy support for associations of people. Clubs, covens, etc,

Pixie

Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:44 pm

Geras wrote:- More code/policy support for associations of people. Clubs, covens, etc,
This. Also Zash for King.

Dice

Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:49 am

Orlando and I were chatting (again...) and this is where I went with it: we have problems with not enough religious folks in game and quiet times between peaks of conflict, right? Well, Davism says that the more people die sinful, the stronger the demons get. So shatter the peaceful, civilized nature of Lithmore. Have the Kingdom fall apart in the face of massive demonic attacks and mage activity throughout, like the mage invasion plot in 356. Lithmore, the beleaguered capital, stands alone as a city-state barred against the darkness outside... while everyone inside focuses on surviving and tries to figure out what they can do to reclaim their world.

So yeah this is 100% pipe dream but that's what this thread is for! I LOVE city-under-siege settings for the constant atmosphere of threat and danger, and the innate propulsion to storyline you get out of having this huge problem you can't ignore. Plus!You can have a lot of actual change. PCs' actions can matter, because you're totally not committed to maintaining theme exactly the way it is - you have room for it to evolve from disaster slowly back toward more settled setting again.

Geras

Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:37 pm

I'd really rather not have conflict shoved down our throats that way. I've never been a fan of that or the zombie-epidemics that we used to have. I greatly prefer organic conflict, even if sporadic, to artificial conflict.

Dice

Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:46 pm

I'm not sure I understand the distinction. Most of TI's conflict rises from the mages vs. Order theme - I don't think of conflict spurred by theme rather than solely by player initiative as artificial. That said, to me the upside wouldn't be "oh, demons to fight all the time!" but the kind of insidious pressure-cooker situation you could get. A laboratory to incubate and encourage PC conflict, for example.

Geras

Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:04 pm

Dice wrote:I'm not sure I understand the distinction. Most of TI's conflict rises from the mages vs. Order theme - I don't think of conflict spurred by theme rather than solely by player initiative as artificial.
Most of TI's conflict is driven by player's personalities IMHO.
That said, to me the upside wouldn't be "oh, demons to fight all the time!" but the kind of insidious pressure-cooker situation you could get. A laboratory to incubate and encourage PC conflict, for example.
I live in a pressure cooker enough as is.

Onyxsoulle

Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:56 pm

I'll side with Geras on this. I'd rather have any conflict to come from players; be it rp, st, or qp. As much fun as constant agro can be, it would wear thin very quickly. As far as the Order saying demons get more power from sinners, we don't really know if that is true or not; that is just the Order's belief on it.

And if I were god for a day, I'd probably get rid of alot of the recent changes, especially the hidden thing. We promote that we have a player driven game with little influence by the Imms. I feel that the hidden door thing(as I understand it from the Meeting notes) is a step backward from this. Granted there's a percentage chance that people will abuse being able to just go into a secret room, but most of us don't do that. Oocly I know about several hidden spots, but don't bother with them. Making it so we can't find a secret room without being told it exists doesn't seem like a good idea.

Another thing i'd do as GFAD, I'd try to resolve alot of the things that were said to be inducted, but have kind of fallen off the shelf. Disguise and Piety are two examples.

I'd also bring back that oriental race. Basically because I want to play a ninja. *sage nod*

Geras

Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:50 pm

Yah, I'm not a fan of the hidden door thing at all.

• Information