Troubadour Redo

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Atholos

Sat May 24, 2014 6:40 pm

I've decided to give the Troubs a bit of a makeover as I think they need a bit of one. For this, I'd like to know what you guys think should be changed, kept, etc. For clarification, I intend to aim for a guild that performs and all that sort of thing, but also collects information and puts it out to the public. Sorta like a guild of Snowdens.

I look forward to seeing everyone's opinions/suggestions!
Last edited by Atholos on Tue May 27, 2014 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Applesauce

Mon May 26, 2014 12:36 am

Atholos wrote: I intend to aim for a guild that performs and all that sort of thing, but also collects information and puts it out to the public.
I think these are both good goals. A lot can be incorporated into just that.

EmuHunterBruce

Tue May 27, 2014 5:36 am

I think this is a great idea, a notice board editable by Troubadours would be cool too. Information could be posted anonymously by members of the Guild as a kind of freedom of information movement. And they could debunk/agree to rumors and gossip via the board.
Even a little more freestyle performing would be nice, I've only seen one random performance so far and that was from a newer character just playing a lute in a tavern. Sure the higher up Troubs wouldn't waste their time on small gigs like that but it's a good way to garner information as well as to provide ambience and gather RP in one location.

Atholos

Tue May 27, 2014 10:12 pm

EmuHunterBruce wrote:I think this is a great idea, a notice board editable by Troubadours would be cool too.
As in an IC board? If so, I'd be all for that. It could make communication of some things much easier more more RPable.

Geras

Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:29 pm

How about an RL monthly newsletter? People have done it successfully for a time in the past, but it's always been too much of a burden for one player. Maybe if the guild as a whole did it (and with infrequent issues) it wouldn't be terrible?

Atholos

Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:59 pm

Geras wrote:How about an RL monthly newsletter?
That also sounds like a good idea. I'm not sure the resources I could use or a RL newsletter. Are you talking like, emails or something? I so, I could make a google group for it.

Geras

Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:43 pm

Could send it out or distribute it in game, though obviously it would be helpful for you if submissions were sent to you by email.

Applesauce

Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:57 am

Atholos wrote:
Geras wrote:How about an RL monthly newsletter?
That also sounds like a good idea. I'm not sure the resources I could use or a RL newsletter. Are you talking like, emails or something? I so, I could make a google group for it.
I thought he meant it like "an IC newsletter, but distributed each RL month." Not "an RL newsletter."

Or maybe he didn't mean that, in which case, how about an IC newsletter distributed each RL month? ;)

• Information