City Lore

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:43 am

Anyone have any more they'd like to add from their character's (or past characters') lives?

I'll ask Takta to go through and add some lore based on the others we've seen here.

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:23 am

This might have come up before now in the past, and I apologize if so, however, I'd like to make the following suggestion(s):

- The items provided at the OOC meetings can often serve as a really amazing timeline for the events and history of TI in ways that do not always otherwise get properly recorded or remembered. (IE - there's a lot of things I know that have happened in the past year I've played that don't seem to make it to the city lore.) They are a good thing to save in places like the "History Hall" in the Queens or other mathom houses. However, they are not always labeled with context or names, and thus while they exist IC as really great RP props they can tend to exist as "in jokes" among folks at sort of a meta level.

As such, could we consider that OOC meeting objects get labels of some kind? (In remembrance of - blah blah on date blah blah).

Perhaps using them interacting with City Lore in some way?

Being able to purchase them for a QP or two if you miss the meeting? (As again some of these are really cool as IC talking points about old lore/STs etc)

Andruid

Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:05 pm

I like the idea of dates and occasions on OOC objects when it's appropriate. I think staff do add them from time to time. Otherwise, it's an interesting idea, attaching lore to objects themselves... hadn't thought of that before! Wonder if it'd be difficult to code...

I recommend that event-throwers and GLs submit lore anytime they can. I try to submit at least 1, sometimes 2, pieces of lore for every major/public event I've hosted (that's right -- there may be lore about your characters out there that you aren't even aware of). I've also worked with long-time players to put down lore in guildhalls to try and preserve some history that might otherwise be lost for good.

• Information