Friday Night Fights. Sorta

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Geras

Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:45 pm

So I've been toying with the idea of having some sort of regular prize fighting event. Would there be an interest in this? Small prize (may 1 gold to the winner?), maybe scheduled at two regular times/days [note - I mean something like Friday at 9 every second week, Saturday at 6 the off weeks. Not twice a day], with each rotating week to week so that people in different time zones.

I'm not sure how we would pick participants on a weekly basis, but something to spread around the format and the fighters would be ideal. I just figured it'd be good to have a regular fun RP event when a lot of people are on.

Also, anyone have any ideas on what good times for this are?

Edit: To be clear, it'd be once a week. Or maybe once every two weeks? Once a month? With the time alternating between a good time for one time zone and a good time for another.

Inertia

Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:43 am

Depending on interest and availability, it might be worthwhile to set up individual matches when it's most convenient for those who will be fighting. In this way, you'd still have a regular event players could look forward to but one that wouldn't necessarily prohibit some percentage from ever attending.

This would probably work best if you go with elimination rounds and intend to have a champion.

Geras

Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:59 am

Hrm. I guess should wait and see for the tournament to happen.

Cellan

Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:23 pm

I think this idea is pretty cool, Geras. I really like it!

There are a couple of things I want to add in, however: 1) you should base the regularity of the event on how much interest it receives (obviously), and 2) if another player wants to run a different event/storyline on one of those nights, then I'd reschedule the "fight" to another night in favour of it. Friday and Saturday nights (and Sunday afternoons, for that matter), are our busiest periods, and so we don't want to permanently block out certain times as options for running other stuff, too.

SlyViolin

Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:16 am

Combine INertia's and Cellan's suggestions and I love it!

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:35 pm

May I just say that, as staff, we'd love to support something regular like this with prizes and perhaps "financial assistance"? :)

Geras

Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:34 pm

Ok. I figure we should see how the tourney goes to start and then plan something regular.

A few things need to be figured out then. Such as...

-When's best for everyone? Maybe Saturday evening? Sunday evening? Afternoon? It can be mixed up a bit to led people in other time zones join in the fun.

-What should the events be? A general melee makes sense to start, but should there be specific weapons later? Unarmed matches?

-How should opponents be matched? By skill ideally, but what are the specifics of how to do that?

In terms of prizes, I was thinking maybe a 2:1 distribution of whatever funds are available. IE 100 silver to the winner, 50 silver to the loser. That'd be a good incentive for people to join the fun.

Thoughts?

Rothgar

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:37 am

Just for the record, the bar that I'm opening up (The Inquisitor's Rose) is more then apt for staging these friday night shindigs. The character has already stated that there's 'a free drink with every fistfight,' so I'd like to think that its the perfect sort of place for something like that.

May not be battle royale, but its a start, no?
Rothgar Astartes, Fyurii Rynnya, Nils 'Smith' Mattias, Edward Darson, Curos Arents.

Geras

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:48 am

Would you like to take the lead on this Rothgar? I really don't have much time due to RL commitments.

Applesauce

Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:08 am

Are these going on?

• Information