Suggestions for Magic

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Geras

Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:46 am

Two quick suggestions that I think would be very helpful for magic.

1. Collaborative Magic

What I mean by this is things that require or encourage mages to get together and work together regularly. This could mean spells that require multiple people (across multiple elements?) to cast perhaps, though anything that gets people together would be good. Magic has recently become much easier to learn, but the downside of that is that the difficulty of learning spells was a big draw for mages to work together.

The spells wouldn't necessarily have to be "powerful" per se, just useful. Perhaps crafting items like cloaks/masks that have some special property, like changing appearance on command or something? Or creating a hidden cavity in one's body to hide things? I don't know. It'd just be nice to have mages forced to work together to get certain tricks to work. They don't have to be "powerful" per se, just useful.

2. "Cool" Magic

By "cool" I mean magic with a neat flavour, that just feels cool and taboo. Magic that uses blood (maybe multiple people's blood), that works on corpses (makes them explode is something one person suggested, or perhaps steals their appearance).

I'm rambling and being vague I know, but would most people agree with this? Since the addition of mattack and the removal of hemproot spitting I don't think "power" is an issue for mages at the moment, but I still think magic could use some lovin' to help the theme along.

Leech

Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:01 am

Player of: Alexander ab Courtland

Geras

Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:31 am

A mimicry spell was mentioned as a good idea on OOC.

Leech

Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:53 am

Coders are going to LOVE me. Feel free to add on, or change for balance. I have no idea how magic works in this incarnation, I'm just shooting ideas here.

"drain"
Uses a combat turn to attempt to gather somebody's blood into the first empty container in your inv. Requires a piercing weapon.

"possess"
Ritual, cast from afar, requires a full container of a person's blood. Ultimate skill, rare, ect. Based on skill, allows a person to take control of a player for a specific amount of time. The casting mage can see where the player is at, and input commands using 'manipulate (command)' which then will have the victim doing that command. So I could cast it on Gwenith, and do 'manipulate emote picks her nose'.

"bloodheal"
Self explanatory, uses somebody else's blood in a quick ritual to stop bleeding.

"blood exfoliate"
If a person is bleeding, perform a ritual to make them bleed faster, doing X amount of damage.

"blood teleport"
Used to teleport to anybody whose blood you have in a container.

"blood scry"
Echoes the victim's room desc.

"splocay" (a mix of explosion and decay)
Turn any corpse into a bomb of disease. Not exactly sure how practical this is, since you usually throw bombs... can't throw a corpse, necessarily. CATAPULTS!

"mind touch"
Mages can read minds. They should be able to speak to them too. Atmospheric, scary, ect.

"beckon shadow"
Gives a bonus to hide, and sneak.

"levitation"
Atmospheric. Self explanatory.

"beautify"
Makes your app an instant 5 for a period of time. Probably already implemented.
Player of: Alexander ab Courtland

• Information