Rumor

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Temi

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:11 pm

P.S. QP are given for city lore submissions.

BingoX

Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:58 am

City lore is fantastic. I love it. If I knew enough about the world, I'd submit things as often as I do typos!

But say I play a Troubadour. I write a satirical, possibly-heretical song about the Cardinal, and I want to perform it on the sly. On another game, my pc sings it in a quiet square, in the evening, cloaked. Then I post on an in-game board, saying, 'A cloaked man in the quiet evening strummed his lute and sang this song in a pleasant baritone ... ' and I post the lyrics. Then I get (I hope) juicy RP, and my song stays in the public awareness basically forever. (Although, of course, people soon cease caring.)

'Rumor' is the best way to do that, here?

Temi

Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:00 am

Rumor would be one option, and I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to an IC Events post if everyone got to talking. Maybe start off with a rumor and then bring the IC Events board post on once it warms up. If you're just trying to spur on the RP, rumor system is good for that though.

Sephone

Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:17 am

This is something I have raised with Kinaed, but I don't actually think that people should be able to post a response to rumors. I think people should be able to support or discourage a rumor, but not actually comment.

Why, you ask? Very simple. Pryor to this function being in place, people would actually RP about the rumors they heard. Now, people just post a response, like the rumors system is TI's personal Facebook page.

I would really like to see responses to rumors go and encourage people to actually RP once more about the rumors they hear. Offer there opinion through RP to other people, not vice a post.

wimple

Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:18 pm

I agree with Sephone on that being a problem, but not exactly the method. When the new rumor system first came out, I saw people talking about it IC a lot more than I do now. I'm not sure why - if the rumors right now are less interesting, if it's just easier to comment and that's it, or what. I also often see rumors ignored when freely shared in taverns and such (though it's hard to figure out what they are about sometimes).

I'd like to see a higher turnover in rumors, too. THere are ones from OOC weeks ago that are still in the system or from events that are old news. I think this, to some extend, encourages people to ignore freely shared room rumors - there's no point responding to the ones that there is going to be a palace invasion when the palace invasion has already happened.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:27 pm

Can I get more feedback on if people agree with Sephone?

Julea

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:30 am

Divided on whether I think comments and feedback are more harmful than good. I think there are definitely pros and cons to it.

I do regularly bring up rumors in RP, but admittedly when they are randomly echoed in public places. I would love to see the echoes being a slight bit more frequent.

I also agree rumors are lasting a little longer than they should.
Julea/Lien/Ashe/Adaline

Dice

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:20 am

Comments and feedback are the #1 reason this new system is better than the old. I love them and would hate to lose them. They make rumors feel like a real living, breathing thing, and I see them in RP a lot more than I used to now that people get truly invested in them in a way they didn't in the old system. You have more to RP about: both the initial statement and now your sense of how others feel about it.

• Information