Some changes to hide/sneak

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

iamgian

Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:50 pm

It seems like playing someone who is supposed to be sneaky is a bit hard. If one were to try and sneak out of the room while being hidden, they suddenly break out of their cover. I think if someone is both hidden and trying to sneak, they should be able to sneak out of a room without breaking their cover.

It would make for easier "covert operations." There's nothing more awkward than hiding in a room while listening to two people who are completely unaware to you being in the room, only to suddenly decide to sneak out of the room and break your cover. You get... odd looks.

Geras

Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:53 pm

It would be nice if hide and sneak were the same command even...

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:32 pm

Hi Iamgian,

(My daughter's name is Imagen, so writing your name is oddly difficult - hope I spelled it right).

Thanks for the feedback! If you hadn't let us know, we'd have thought that bug was fixed (about sneaking breaking hide). It shouldn't work that way atm, unless you're failing your hide or sneak check, in which case your char would have failed because they're not terribly good at the skill. We did have a report that it's too easy to fail hide checks, however, which I'm unsure if it is resolved. Regardless, I'll have a dig at that.

RE: Geras

I'm not sure why they are separate, but I'm not terribly offended that they are. One is walking quietly, the other is staying out of sight. Together, quite powerful, but useful separately as well. I'd also not be terribly offended if we combined them except there'd be a lot less to being sneaky than there is to being fight-y or mage-y, which is probably why the design decision to separate the two was made long ago by the original founders anyway. *ponder*

beatrix

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:01 pm

This isn't something I'd highly prioritize, but I do think hide really needs to be looked at. It's really long, and really spammy. It'd be nice if it scaled with ranks.

• Information