Guild Rank Review Day

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Do you want the 1st of the OOC month to be "Rank Review Day"?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:24 am

Yes, I strongly like this.
13%
Yes, I'm okay with it.
25%
Maybe, comments below.
38%
No, I don't see the benefit.
13%
No, I really dislike this idea.
13%

Total votes: 8
Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:24 am

We're thinking to ask GLs to review the rank of all guild members on the first of the OOC month.

Here are the benefits/negatives discussed during the GL meeting, I hope I haven't missed any. If so, please feel free to note them below.

NEGATIVES
- Some people may have to wait a bit longer than a month to have their rank reviewed for possible promotion.
- This is not tailored to the individual.
- GLs may not be immediately available.
- Pushes people to want "more realistic" promotion times, which aren't good for a fun game.

BENEFITS
- Everyone, game wide, has an understanding when they are 'up for promotion consideration', so knows when the seek out their GL
- Guildleaders can do it for everyone in one single step, grouping the admin for the month into one meeting.
- Guildleaders will be at very regular intervals letting everyone know where they stand.
- It's easy for staff to keep an eye on who is being promoted and not.
- GL reminders are easier for staff to program than individual reminders.
- Gives players a unified understanding/expectation of when they can expect progression to be granted or denied.

Rabek

Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:57 am

Okay, so... I gave my opinion on this at length, but I'll comment on three things.
Kinaed wrote:- Pushes people to want "more realistic" promotion times, which aren't good for a fun game.
This was a tangent we were talking about in relation to GLs setting their own 'minimum' promotion times. I'm fairly certain it wasn't intended as a suggested downside to this reminder system. At least, that's not what I meant when I mentioned 'realistic' promotion times.
Kinaed wrote:- Guildleaders can do it for everyone in one single step, grouping the admin for the month into one meeting.
As I stated at the meeting, I find this to be a downside. I don't want it all lumped in one day. I want to be able to spread it out through the month without feeling pressured to do it all at once. Some of us don't have the time or the stamina to do everything in one big marathon.

And finally, I think the poll should be reworded. I do see the benefit, and I like the idea of a reminder. What I don't like is the suggested implementation of the idea. I don't see any clear option for that on the poll. For now, I'll put "I really don't like this," but that isn't entirely an accurate statement on my stance.

Kinaed

Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:26 am

The suggested implementation, which wasn't stated, is this:

- Azarial has been given a spec requesting for all GLs in the game to get a reminder mail on the first of the month with the list of people in their guild who are eligible for promotion (ie, had not been promoted in the last 30 days).

- All players and GLs would be alerted that the first of the month is 'Rank Review Day' so the entire game has similar expectations around the issue.

What do you suggest be reworded about this poll?

Geras

Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:36 am

It'd be nice just to have a flag on guildlist of who's eligible and who isn't. I don't know if a rigid/set 1 month thing is the way to go... my rule of thumb has been to look at everyone's ranks whenever I guild someone...

Kinaed

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:07 am

Poll extended! Please have your say. - Kinky

wimple

Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:56 pm

I clicked maybe - I like the idea Geras put forth of flagging guild list with who is available for promotion.

• Information