HELP TUBORI PERSPECTIVES

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Wed May 16, 2012 8:10 am

What do you think the Tubori would say about the following? (See Help Vavardi Perspectives, Help Vandagan Perspectives, or Help Lithmorran Perspectives for an idea of the style of quotes we're looking for)

LITHMORRAN
VAVARDI
VANDAGAN
FARIN
HILLMEN
CHARALI
DARAVI
ORDER
REEVES
TROUBADOURS
KNIGHTS
BROTHERHOOD
MASQUE
MANUS
MERCHANTS

1 QP per submission, 3 QP per 'winning submission' - that is the ones we use - on each item.
Submissions will be evaluated on human, cultural significance, and realistic point of view given theme.

Notes on Tubori stereotypes:

Tubori are, on the spectrum of culture, quite liberal and fun loving. They come from a warm climate and tend to be sociable and practical. They wear less clothing than other cultures, and men strikingly wear kilts. They're known for drugs, gambling, smuggling, drinking, and slavery. Their noble culture has a heavy 'plantation' aspect to it, similar to historical Havana. They eat a lot of fish and trade a LOT of unique sea-resources like pearls and Tubori Purple. Their duchy has heavy affiliations to the Brotherhood of common goods. On religion, they tend to be the most likely to look for lenient interpretations.

Zeita

Wed May 16, 2012 9:01 am

I'll take a stab at the cultural stereotypes first. Guilds may come later.

LITHMORRAN:
"What do the Lithmorrans need more than anything? A week in Tubor, living like us, dressing like we do... now that would really help them to relax and pull that stick out of their collective arses?"

VAVARDI:
"I think they take it all a bit far, as if they're trying too hard to be like us. I mean, come on, who needs an orgy with twelve women, three ducks and a horse, when a night of fun and laughter with one woman is more than enough for any man?"

VANDAGAN: -- referencing the history of Vandago betraying Tubor to Dav by switching sides during the Consolidation.
"I try, I really do... but I can't forgive them. I grew up learning stories about Vandagan evils at my mother's teat. Every one of them that I've met since has proven that they can't be trusted."

FARIN:
"The only thing stopping us from being the best of friends is the fact that they won't just take a damn drink already! Well, that, and it is a little uncomfortable craning your neck like that for hours on end."

HILLMEN:
"Who? Oh... I always thought they were just inbred Lithmorrans that live in the hills."

CHARALI:
"You know what... I feel a certain kinship with those fellows. What? No, I've never actually met one. But the stories say they live free, going where their horses take them, just like me and my boat."

DARAVI:
"If it weren't for all the magic and the desert and the fact that we're at war, well... I'm sure we'd get along just fine. As it is? Well, at least they're better than the Vandagans."

mattc

Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:05 am

...just want to "upvote" Hera's submission, and particularly express my love for how the Vavardi, Vandagan, Charali, and Daravi perspectives were phrased.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:36 am

Can we get some Tubori perspectives on the various guilds?

Temi

Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:55 pm

To get people's juices flowing.. (jump in with your own!)

ORDER

Our priests are great, but I think the Order in Lithmore is getting it all wrong. So angry all the time!

REEVES

They really need to relax and realise the law's there as a guideline, and bending it doesn't make you some sort of criminal.

TROUBADOURS

They really do it right. Music and dancing for your job, and you know everybody? I'll tell you, I'm always glad to see a Troubadour.

KNIGHTS

A mite full of themselves, don't you think?

BROTHERHOOD

That's really the only reaction you can have overly restrictive laws and high tarifs.

MASQUE

Now, there's a group who could keep a smuggling operation under wraps. If they even exist.

MANUS

Nothing like that here in Tubor. No good, of course, but can figure why the mages would want something like that.

MERCHANTS

Seems an awful lot of paperwork for some simple trade, but at least they've got some fine connections.

• Information