What is the best RP Mud Quest you've ever played?

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Empheba

Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:01 pm

I'd say any quest that forces you to interact in an IC-relevant way with characters you would normally not interact with is a good RP-quest.

The survival thing alledged to above is a good example of this. Just rounding people up and stuffing them in groups and constellations unusual to them works well regardless of how it's done.
Empheba

Dice

Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:44 pm

Actually, I like survival Rp stuff a lot too. Two of my favorite 'easy' quests on TI (i.e., little staff effort to run) were the plague and the naked quest.

The plague ended up with five or six PCs being stuck in a plague hole for quarantine together; they barely knew each other at first, but became great friends throughout the ordeal, and it was tons of fun.

The naked quest, if any of you remember this, was when everybody's clothing got 'disappeared' by a mage spell in order to keep people from wearing out-of-theme items like pants/trousers (hose, people, hose!). But it was HILARIOUSLY FUN because we had about 16 naked people hanging out in the Church trying to shelter from evil, not looking at each other's naughty bits.

I feel like these kind of quests are a different animal entirely from say, 'epic' quests - the sort where people do things that permanently affect the game. And I love those as well. I want them to have 1) high stakes, 2) opportunities for great heroic deeds, 3) roles for multiple types of characters (doctors, scholars, fighters, even diplomats!)

In my mind the absolute best quest does something huge to affect the grid in some way, but the actual effects are driven by player choices, and ideally it can force people into RP along the way.

• Information