Change to RPA Use

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Caria

Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:20 pm

In a scene today, RPA was used to enable an act that would have prompted some response from the players gathered, but since it was very quickly done, we had no time to form an appropriate response to the act.

While the RP behind what happened stands, I think it would be necessary and appropriate for the staffer enabling the RPA to take a moment to freeze the scene and to explain to players what is happening so that players can RP appropriate responses to the act or to have the chance to spend QP for RPA of their own.

Taking the time to explain I think will reduce any fusteration that arises from RPA use that is deemed a 'screw-over' by one side of the room. As Kinky says, this game is about telling a story, not who wins.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Firstly, I want to apologize on behalf of the staff for any feeling that anyone isn't able to legitimately respond to RPA. That is certainly not intended to be the case.

This said, we're of the general opinion that this RPA issue is currently because of bias built into the systesm - those people with QP are able to enact something they codewise wouldn't otherwise be able to means that the person spending the QP has a natural 'leg up' on others around them.

To a degree, I think that's totally fine. Afterall, QP are earned and finite as opposed to simply regenerating in the game at will.

This said, RPA isn't supposed to feel like that. So, at the moment, the staff are hashing out an RPA system that will change what it means to get RPA during a GROUP scene. It will take into account things such as initiative, position, and QP expenditures for all players involved. Hopefully, this will reduce the chances of players feeling that their character's abilities aren't being ignored.

Jei

Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:28 pm

/concur with Caria

• Information