VNPCS

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Enix

Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:40 pm

I would like to remind everyone, that there are tens of thousands of people in Lithmore, who share the same height, weights, and such...

Just a friendly reminder. I know it can be easy to make accusations on things just because the who list doesn't match up with available suspects.

Temi

Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:53 pm

Always a good thing to keep in mind. Generally, it's a good time to consider your reasoning if you find yourself thinking 'it could only be...'. Make sure that your character has good reason to think it could only be that one person out of a realistic population of the city or seen in an area, not just out of the people on the who list.

Geras

Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:29 am

As someone who's char (Geras) was recently brought in because he was the right height, I'd just like to say I wish people concerned this more as well.

For people who aren't aware, Geras was questioned for (among other reasons) matching the height of Tenebrae. I know there was more to it than that, and this isn't a dig against the player who made the accusation - he had a hunch for good IC reasons. The point though is that that was resolved very quickly; everyone knew OOCly that Geras wasn't Tenebrae. For other characters who get accused for similar reasons, it doesn't get cleared up as quickly.

I'm not saying anyone specifically has behaved poorly, or that any one action was inappropriate. It's just that I've seen this trend across other chars (both mine and others') on this and other iterations of TI. It makes it hard to play a bad guy.

Julea

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:43 am

You know what could mix things up a little.. shoes with different heel heights... so you could make yourself taller or something when you were cloaked/masked/whatever.

Or spells. That did that too.
Julea/Lien/Ashe/Adaline

Julea

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:45 am

Forgot. I was also going to say, in the same vein.. just consider other vNPCs around you generally in your roleplay. It makes things interesting and gives you other aspects to include in your emote.

So, for example.. in a tavern, you might not immediately notice someone walking in. Because the room is full of vNPCs and they block your view of the door.

Or maybe you can't get to the bar right away because the bartender is serving someone else.

Or perhaps just character might even start talking with the occasional vNPC casually or bump into them.. or whatever.

So many ways you can enrichen your roleplay through vNPCs and bring more fun to the game :)
Julea/Lien/Ashe/Adaline

Eris

Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:36 pm

Julea wrote:Forgot. I was also going to say, in the same vein.. just consider other vNPCs around you generally in your roleplay. It makes things interesting and gives you other aspects to include in your emote.

So, for example.. in a tavern, you might not immediately notice someone walking in. Because the room is full of vNPCs and they block your view of the door.

Or maybe you can't get to the bar right away because the bartender is serving someone else.

Or perhaps just character might even start talking with the occasional vNPC casually or bump into them.. or whatever.

So many ways you can enrichen your roleplay through vNPCs and bring more fun to the game :)
I totally agree with Julea on this one: another important one is in very public places and major thoroughfares, like the Church Square or the Crossings. At "peak" hours of a business day, there'd very likely be a crowd of people moving through them with carts/horses/etc., and I think it's very important to express that in a scene.

It definitely makes a scene more interesting, as well.

Empheba

Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:45 am

Julea wrote:Forgot. I was also going to say, in the same vein.. just consider other vNPCs around you generally in your roleplay. It makes things interesting and gives you other aspects to include in your emote.

Definitely agree with this. vNPCs are often under-used and too often ignored. Especially in crowded, noisy places where people sometimes tend to develop supernaturally powerful ears, able to discern and comment on even low mutterings from across the room. I'm starting to think it to be magic on their part ... maybe assuming that would be a wake-up call?
Empheba

• Information