~Great Deeds~

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:04 am

Can you help us list some historic great deeds on TI? Maybe help us decide what a great deed could be defined as? Here's some examples the staff have come up with so far:

- Capturing Amethyst
- Saving Cellan's life from an assassination
- Uniquely instrumental in placing King Tobin on the throne
- Locating the Chalice of Dav
- Single handedly bringing down the entire Manus guild from within

What other major, major RP achievements have players had that you guys think could be realm-epic? Let us know!

Geras

Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:54 pm

Whoever assassinated Zin would be a big one.

And I don't think taking down Manus is all that impressive these days unfortunately lol :(

Clockwork

Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:33 pm

I like to talk up the Great Raid, where Tobin and the Knights routed Razok from his inner sanctum.

Lei
Discord Handle: Lei#3876

Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:42 pm

I've always been terribly proud of the fact that there's a Daravi fortress named after Sig, but that's probably just me and my big head. :P
Old As Dirt

Kinaed

Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:53 am

Thanks for that feedback! :) Anyone else?

Basically, we're putting together a criteria for what the staff feel is appropriate reason to ennoble someone (right now, the Monarch has a command that shows how many slots he/she has available, then they submit a request to the staff. The staff approve or reject requests... but based on what?!)

The best we've been able to come up with so far is that there should be some sort of great deed related to their ascention... but even that's a bit sketchy, so we thought we'd collect examples and put them together, then try to define a criteria that we can release to Monarch players so they know when their requests will be accepted/rejected without having to ask us or making it into a political thing about whether or not the staff likes someone and all that.

wimple

Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:43 am

Any quest winners. I was always proud of Zin solving the Sartez fire debacle instead of the Reeves. :D

Unless they are given some sort of opportunity to do something 'epic', I'm not sure that's the best criteria to use, unless you're requiring they're using QP or something to help create something epic if there's nothing within their current RP that would lend them the ability to do something epic? Otherwise it still seems like you could argue favoritism - well, you let THEM get into situations where they found the Chalice of Dav (that had to be created for the purpose, assumedly) but didn't do anything special for US (and so forth).

Enix

Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:51 am

How about my dedication to creating and playing baddies all the time?....hmm? No love there?...hehe

Kinaed

Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:27 pm

Heh. I don't think quest ppl should be excluded from being considered a great deed, and staff sure do not pick winners of quests. I can't see why that favoritism issue would exist at all as quests are typically open to everyone. Even the Chalice quest could have been picked up by a non-knight... but additionally, not all of the great deeds were quest related - capturing Amethyst, taking down the Manus...

Additionally, I'd add that providing people the opportunity to become a noble is not the staff's responsibility. In general, we feel if a character wasn't born to it, then achieving it should be extremely difficult. We only act as arbitrators to ensure this is true. Culturally, being a noble is a divine right, and the non-noble just don't have it.

This said, that's where the staff are at about nobility - requiring, at minimum, a great deed.

If this is disliked, what alternatives do you suggest? Anyone? :)

wimple

Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:06 pm

I think perhaps I misunderstood the function of this. Are you talking about something that would allow the monarch to enoble a freeman or gentry (i.e. non-noble)? I assumed this was for granting titles to people who had the pedigree already.

If it's for some commoner to be granted a title, then a great deed is probably sufficient.

Geras

Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:10 am

I honestly think a lot of the "greatest" or most significant deeds are done behind closed doors. And I think a good example of that is the person who was already ennobled. I don't mind have some sort of a check on this (especially on how many people can be ennobled, as I hope it will be very very few), but I'd like there to still be the flexibility for people to be ennobled for deeds that are less widely known.

• Information