Empowering PCs to ICly remove GLs

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:44 am

Hmm, I think you have a point about people trying to destroy you without repraisal - and the support system denies repraisals. So, it may be that we may need to look for the mechanism to make promotions/demotions IC to come from something else besides support?

Or maybe we could look at something like allowing PCs to spend influence points to ICly enact a vote of no confidence? It's still related to support, but more a direct attack kinda thing...?

Geras

Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:45 pm

I do like the buying a review with influence thing... hmmm...

Another

Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:39 am

Kinaed wrote:I see that as complex and unnecessarily difficult.
Politics are going to be complex and unnecessarily difficult. The coded system behind the politics doesn't necessarily need to be complex and unnecessarily difficult as well, but I do believe it needs something more than a black-and-white "Half these people don't like you so you're getting the boot."

Kinaed wrote:Hmm, I think you have a point about people trying to destroy you without repraisal - and the support system denies reprisals.
This is my biggest fear -- that there would be no recourse. If you're going to give people real power within the system, there needs to be some way to counter it.

Kinaed wrote:Or maybe we could look at something like allowing PCs to spend influence points to ICly enact a vote of no confidence? It's still related to support, but more a direct attack kinda thing...?
This I could get behind, as long as there stands the risk of penalty against the one who enacts the vote. Say, if the vote fails, the enacter could be banned from the guild, face fines, barred from doing business with the guild, barred from doing guild-related business, stand accused of libel, and/or be at the whim of an angry GL, etc. etc

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:34 am

Thanks for the feedback, guys. :)

I'll add "calling for a vote against a GL" as one of the things people can do with influence. I might require a minimum amount of 'faction reputation' to enact that as well.

• Information