Churches!!

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Bennie

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:31 pm

So, as I have mentioned, one of my big goals as Cardinal is to diversify the roles of priests and make the Order more viably active (and thus attract more peoples).

This is an idea I threw around with one of the guild members and I thought it might be worth sharing with the rest of you. I would like to build 'parishes' of sorts. (I use that word lightly, keep reading).

The idea is to build several churches and/or make current ones more active as well as expand them a little. The Churches would be peppered throughout the city, but here is a brief list of places/groups they might be/cater to:
-Southside
-Racial Quarters
-Estates, High-up Lithmore
-The Palace
-The Keep

The goal is to have a priest attached to a church in these areas (however, we will either need to force Inquisitors to double up with these or find more priest characters) and thus cater to the people of these areas. This way, we would have a priest who has the specific job of working with the people in that area and the Cathedral can be set aside for prelates and big events.

Another idea given was that come the future, we might attach priests as chaplains of sorts to each guild, but we would need more priests if that would be possible in addition to this project.

Ideas? Thoughts?

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:38 pm

We wouldn't mind assisting you with this (the staff). If you want to build an area, if it's for public consumption (eg, no locked rooms, etc), we'll simply build it.

Guildhall areas can have xblocks, those cost silver, as do phomes, but otherwise... yeah, shouldn't be a problem to expand by building churches. You can also add onto existing ones.

Bennie

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:43 pm

Well, that would be really helpful! The only locked room we might have would be an office/mini-rectory for the priest of each Church. Other than that, it would all be open for the public.

Empheba

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:51 am

Players are not tied much to geographical location per se, but I imagine this could make for quite nice opportunities for smaller-scale Orderite characters. Smaller churches might work as a religious equivalence to pub-roleplay, who knows. The Cathedral is quite intimidating. :)

Heck, people of Lithmore are likely "assigned" to a given geographical small church (by tradition of their families if not by decree) depending on where in the city they where born. Foreigners could be assigned depending on where they live/their status. This is how it worked in Sweden in the old days anyway (Sweden has the longest and most preserved church membership records in the world). Maybe one could even set this up during creation, right under the faith field:

Your local church is Southside Church

or somesuch - it'll have no game consequences other than a nudge that such things matter in Lithmore. Just a thought.
Empheba

Bennie

Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:14 am

I really like these ideas... If not in chargen, it could be a guildskill for a priest something like 'church <name> <church>'. How does this sound to the Staff people?

As to the Churchy 'bar' type RP, that is what I was hoping! I know the Cathedral is scary and this would give the Order some face time in a less intimidating atmosphere.

Thanks!

wimple

Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:06 am

Most of those locations have churches already that just aren't being used by players.
Palace -> has a Chapel
Hospital -> has a Chapel
Almshouse -> Chapel/Church room and priest NPC
Southside -> has a Church
Estates/Wilhelm/Palace -> has the Abbey

No idea on the keep and assume the foreign quarter doesn't.

Southside Church might be an issue when/if badzone goes in and Orderites can't enter.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:38 pm

Freemen orderites can enter the southside with impunity. The Southside is only dangerous to non-freeman/non-thieves.

• Information