Do we open the Duke and Duchess roles?

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Should we open up the Duke/Duchess roles to PCs?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:03 pm

Yes, it'd be good for the game now that we have a PC monarch.
8%
No, it will over-populate the game with noble characters, and we don't have the pbase to support it.
54%
Maybe, comments below.
38%

Total votes: 13
Geras

Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:02 am

I really don't see any need for Dukes/Duchesses from the other Duchies. Shouldn't they be spending their time running their own Duchy's affairs rather than hanging out in Lithmore? And isn't TI top-heavy enough as it is?

If the ability to remove a bad monarch is desirable, wouldn't it make sense to empower existing positions rather than create new ones? We have nobles and GLs in game... perhaps they should be the ones able to remove a Monarch. Or perhaps it should depend on support, or some combination of the two?

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:13 am

Do you have any suggestions about how we might empower the current pbase with regards to that?

Geras

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:53 am

I'll try and post something when I'm back from the convention.

Otherwise though - you had some idea as to powers to invest in the Dukes/Duchesses, yes? Why not invest those in the PC nobles and GLs instead?

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:55 am

What about taking the OOC vote to remove a GL and making it IC with a policy such as:

If a GL (any GL across the board) gets more than 50% of their guild members DIRECTLY subverting them, they will be ICly removed from their GL role?

Geras

Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:14 am

Perhaps if two thirds of the GLs and nobles in the game are subverting the King this triggers something?

Vaelius

Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:13 pm

Kinaed wrote:What about taking the OOC vote to remove a GL and making it IC with a policy such as:

If a GL (any GL across the board) gets more than 50% of their guild members DIRECTLY subverting them, they will be ICly removed from their GL role?
What if the subverting guild members prefer a puppet leader who they can safely ignore?

On Topic:
The local duchy might be represented unless the reigning monarch also holds the title of the local duchy (which is not uncommon from what I understand). This may serve to polarize folks to support monarch or duke(duchess) which will create conflict and thus RP.

• Information