The Big Mysteries

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:07 pm

Back to its roots, we have a design statement about TI that we would like to remain true to, and that is that TI is a game about mysteries, interpretation, and doubt. For example, "Are mages evil?"

Can you tell me what mysteries you've encountered over the years that enriched your playing experience? Are there any that you particularly love?

Thanks for your feedback everyone!

Wolfie

Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:30 pm

Favorite mystery will continue to be the limits of technology and science in this environment and how this interacts with religious views and morality. Medieval philosophy was never an exact science, nor should it be. It is a mess of philosophy, theology and the power of reasonable observation. It has always been a dream of mine to put myself in the shoes of the great innovators of thought like Archimedes, Da Vinci or Alhazen and challenge moral outlooks - the very fiber of the character. Where does magic end and science begin? Should you use the weapons of your enemy against them?

Second to that, I am enamored with the dark age blackout of Pre-Burning knowledge. Knowing that there are things about the past that even I, as a player, will never know is wonderful. All knowledge is potentially dangerous and provocative, which is why I enjoy writing lore and books for the theme so much.

Geras

Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:33 pm

I think the big one for me is guessing who is on what "side" exactly. There's always some surprises with respect to who is sympathetic to and who is hostile to mages.

• Information