Covens

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Maeve

Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:24 pm

A few mage players raised some views with staff, and one thing they proposed was Covens. Their views or how staff understands them may not be representative of all players (or Staff may have misinterpreted what we were being told), so we thought we'd open the question to the playerbase at large: "How do you feel about the idea of creating covens?" AND "If we create covens, how do you think they should work?"

PCow

Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:01 am

I'm having a little trouble coming up with an answer completely ex nihilo here. Could we get a definition of the term coven for the purposes of its use in the question? Otherwise I would literally be guessing at what level of organisation is to be proposed here, in terms of suggesting how they should work etc. If you want it as totally freeform as possible something like "literally just any sub-grouping of mages lesser than the totality of them" is fine as a definition.

BlackSoul566

Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:18 am

I think this might not need to be mechanically a thing? You can do this through roleplay. Just like forming gangs, perhaps.

Temi

Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:06 pm

The definition we are working with for covens is some coded grouping of mages that is separate from the guild system. Beyond that, totally freeform on what you're interested in.

PositronicJune
Discord Handle: Little#7070

Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:56 am

I'm not sure if there are enough active mages (or there ever could be without a larger playerbase increasing the cap) for any such groups to be distinct from the Sanctum or an inner circle/'clique' within the guild.

If there's enough mages that are in some way opposed to the Sanctum and unified among themselves, just making a new guild for them is probably enough, maybe even more than enough. No need to code a new system.

Geras

Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:22 pm

I’ve been an advocate for Covens for a long time abd would love to see this sort of code support. I think there may be old posts here fleshing out the idea more even? I think I called it associations.

Ideally it’d be nice if this was open to everyone to form so you coukd have things like mercenary bands and syndicates and whatnot with basic code support (commonly owned property and a common bank account being the key support I think).

Geras

Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:27 pm

Found the thread from 11 years ago on this.

https://ti-legacy.com/forums/viewtopic. ... oven#p4251

• Information