Give me that old time religion...

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:14 pm

I can't see how we could do it that it wouldn't be cumbersome to players and too explicitly informative to the Order.

Bennie

Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:40 pm

Well, I liked it, but if I won't work; I guess that's that.

Bennie

Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:45 pm

Another idea I thought of is increasing the ceremonies that the Order gives. Perhaps give a more regular structured prayer, like the Divine Office/Liturgy of the Hours of the Catholic tradition, that all could attend.

It would be optional (unlike Mass, which is more mandatory), but would provide an extra chance for people to receive piety points, publicly conference with the Order, etc. Going the extra mile and attending these services when they are offered would increase one's relationship with the Church and would help them obtain some of the blessings we have talked about. Also, it could be an assigned penance from the Order for some offences.

If you like this, I would be willing to write the ceremony for it and such.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:50 pm

Thinking on it... *smile*

Zeita

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:08 am

Along with some of the other ideas here, or expanding on them.

A few possibilities:
Celebration of Saints' Days that involve community activities, for example, Saint Bacca's Day - Non preachy, community outreach day, 'working bees' to fix or build something for the community. A low-key feast where the public are welcome? It'd encourage commoners, nobles and clergy to interact.

The Pilgrimage - Order members leading a pilgrimage to the springs to renew faith and vows, etc. Lithmorrans get to feel superior as they drink from the grade A spring.

Co-Sponsor events with other guilds. For example, could join up with the Troubs for religious themed plays, performances, etc.

Will return to this when I have a chance.

-Charmaine
"Forget rhyming, rap battle a rat."

wimple

Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:39 am

Thanks for the ideas!

• Information