Money Matters

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Why don't you spend money on TI?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:29 am

It's too hard to get, so I don't want to spend it ever.
22%
I'm saving for something big.
11%
There's not enough worthwhile things in the game to buy.
44%
Other reasons, described below...
22%

Total votes: 9
Tribalware

Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:15 pm

i dont get the deal with the new armor shop, i paid under half the price of an iron cuirass and i got it steel and tooled for me from a blacksmith, this process also involved a fair bit of ic correspondence and rp, so why the hell would anyone want to have to go to an npc, pay a crapload more and then tool it themselves with no player interaction?

i should point out kin that my use of the word 'hell' does not imply any form of indignation or upset at the current situation, id never use a store if a pc was there instead anyway, even if it did take a little longer to get it done

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:35 pm

No offense taken. Part of the reason the prices are so high in a shop is so that we don't undercut that process you highly prefer above. We'd far prefer everyone went to PC merchants!

However, we've known the PC merchant process to break down occassionally - when the merchant has an IRL incident, gets burned for magery/heresy (let me tell you, this happens a LOT), etc. In those instances, we do want players to have another option.

This said, I still think prices need adjusted after considering retool costs. Maybe retool itself just needs to be adjusted. Or probably a bit of both. Percolating.

Giftherz

Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:03 am

I spend a lot of money on Maebel. I used to put a crapload out on food, but I have been refraining from that. Icly she wishes to own a home so she will be a hoarding character. lol

I find the food is often expensive, but no more so than if we went out to eat IRL. Most of the characters I play have a fair amount of silver, but I am by no means rich in game. All of my character hoarding is based on the price to purchase some specific items. House, Horse, Clothes. Y'know, everything a girl needs. :D
Currently loitering as:
Addienna op Marama - Always a Poet Something

Empheba

Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:49 am

Overall there seems to be very little to spend money on besides optional luxury items ... one actively needs to want to spend money for RP reasons since there doesn't seem to be any actual needs to consume money (including eating).
Empheba
Last edited by Empheba on Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:49 pm

When the origional TI energy sysyem switched over to food, the only way to heal mv was eating. Players protested it harshly, so it was changed, though I agree tbat small things like eating should be required to drain money from the system. As it is, all money outlay *is* as you say, optional - though I'd like to think life becomes easier when characters choose to outlay. Is that the case?

So far, I hear people listen to rumors and some eat. We have people who have bought armor from PCs, but not NPCs. Couriers cost a bit, and so do messengers. Taxes? How's the money balance, folks? Maebel's response sounded healthy to me...

Have others ever experienced wanting to buy something in-game, but not having the money for it? If so, what?

• Information