Mage v Knight Balance, Revisited

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:27 am

Please explain to me how your response has anything to do with an OOC mage channel being available in chargen? Because I am not seeing the relationship.
One "downside" of the mage channel as it is presently setup is that the players who might be best apt to help answer said questions have to be on their mage alt at the time to see/answer said questions.

So perhaps that is one consideration. I know people were rather opposed to us having Guides or anything along said lines but ... we might need to consider some way for folks to able to answer these questions. As otherwise newer players default to asking them on visnet, and even with anonymous ... that can cause some problems for them.

Geras

Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:15 pm

To one of the previous points, I don't think you have access to a spell's helpfile until you have it. So for learning an off element spell you could be investing an RL day for something that turns out to be useless.

galaxgal

Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:25 pm

Correct. I have vivid memories of spending two GM slots on a GM-level spell only to find out it has, as far as I can tell, a purely cosmetic effect.

If I'd known I would have kept those skills at Master, since I'm not usually the kind of player who benefits from an enhanced mattack.
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

Geras

Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:26 pm

nemovonfish - hopefully that eases your feelings a little lol. I was Manus GL for 2+ years and even I feel magic is opaque to me, and it seems I'm not alone among established players. We share your pain!

• Information