Assets And Economy

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Geras

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:12 pm

It wouldn't inject any coin into the game. The money would be coming from other players/guilds.

plague
Discord Handle: plague#6022

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:13 pm

Talking about selling to NPCs that are just on-grid, not guild-owned shops that purchase materials. On the other hand, I think guild-owned shops that purchase materials are an interesting and useful concept - same for having the option for player-shops to do the same, even.

Geras

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:14 pm

The option's already there. We (the player base) just hasn't utilized it yet.

Sparkles

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:17 pm

plague wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:11 pm
Speaking from experience - the way you want to go is *not* utilizing NPCs as a crutch for a lack of a player economy. It circumvents and invalidates the whole system, injects significant wealth into the game by deleting the IC impact of your actions, and allows any flaws and problems in player-to-player-transaction culture to not only be perpetuated, but often be significantly exacerbated.

It messes everything up, and it requires a really robust, dynamic system not to completely break economies. I don't think we have the code time for that right now.
Speaking from experience on another game? I'm curious how it circumvents or invalidates a whole system where to level up in crafting you need to produce way more items than we in any way, shape, or form have the playerbase to support. So I'm kind of curious on this.

galaxgal

Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:05 pm

Puciek wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:12 am
galaxgal wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:53 pm
It doesn't help that most ways of selling things ICly operate at a loss. Foraged goods are seldom valuable despite their big MV cost, and crafting happens at a big loss.
If you are crafting at a loss, why continue with it? I played a crafter few years back, and it was profitable from the onset (he was a leatherworker), but then I also didn't rush him to max the skill, instead he leveled out of the money he had made, and then cut deals - wherever possible - for cheaper materials. This should be even easier now with asset resources.
When everyone who has enough silver has it because of a comfortable income level from assets, then no one with the silver to do so has any reason to cut deals, is kind of one of the points I'm trying to make here.

If you make 500 silver a week and an account with say, 1000, you can craft at a loss of 450-500 silver every week until the craft turns profitable. There's no need to pursue interaction.
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

• Information