Redo of Taxes and the Like

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Do you want your fines and taxes taken out automatically?

Yes, debit my account everything I owe once a month
33%
No, I want to be able to default
67%
Maybe, some commentary below...
No votes

Total votes: 12
Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:25 pm

I'm considering replacing the tax system to make it automatic in all regards, and add fines directly to it. This would ideally integrate into the pay system, and the levy system could be removed.

The problem is that, as I see it, there are people who probably want the option to not pay their taxes. Would this be worth preserving, or is it such a small % of the pbase, and people having to manually do it once a month across the board is more annoying than automatic, so the trade off is okay? Let me know!

Ultimately, I want to pave the way for setting up monthly debits for in-game benefits like household retainers, rent, etc, and drop the current system that's very rigid and poorly integrated for those items.

Onasaki

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:27 pm

I don't think Taxes should be taken automatically, because mainly, alot of people ICly wouldn't pay taxes. Thieves, corrupt nobles, and the like. So to automatically take it out, kills the point of being poor, thievy, or corrupt. That's my two cents.

Rabek

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:28 pm

I voted yes, with one caveat. Give us a command to withhold payments. Maybe all of them, or maybe selectively. Maybe 'pay whoever withhold' or something. Would be a nice compromise.

Estelle

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:50 pm

I agree with Rabek. Since defaulters probably would be the minority, it would be good if everyone gets it automated, but those who do not wish to can choose not to.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:20 am

Unfortunately, that wasn't an option, at least not at the outset. That's the reason I made the poll in the first place - either we can replace and automate to reduce the manual burden on players or we keep the manual burden. The in-between thing isn't a clean code setup as far as my mind is thinking of it at the moment. That is, I've no idea how it might work, but can solidly picture the other things.

Estelle

Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:35 am

Oh. Um, instead of allowing players to manually withhold certain payments, how about letting players choose whether they want to implement this automated system for each char or not? So only chars flagged as such will be automated?

Temi

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:53 am

How about if we did it automatically, but those that wanted to sneak out on these payments could work out RPA with me to avoid it? Admittedly, that does make for a different sort of cost on it, but we could work out the covering up on it stuff too. Would that satisfy the few people who would be interested in doing that sort of RP?

Estelle

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:07 pm

I would, personally, really not be happy to have to pay for RPA each time I wanted to avoid taxes. Since 10QP is 1000xp which is.. quite a lot of silver, it would make no sense IMO.

Temi

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:36 pm

I had meant on an ongoing basis, rather than each and every time, if that makes any difference. And we could certainly work out ahead of time if you wanted to just underpay, pay only certain things, pay sometimes, etc. But I agree, one instance of not paying taxes would be a bit silly for RPA unless they were some crazy taxes.

registerednuisance

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:42 pm

I think it's fine as is. If i don't wanna pay, I don't pay. =)

• Information